Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Indeed! Good or evil has nothing to do with it.
    Exactly remember what Oma said in Meridian? "There is ony one thing you can truly control in this world." Daniel: "Oh yeah whats that?" Oma:"Whether you are good, or evil." That always sends chills down my spine.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Exactly remember what Oma said in Meridian? "There is ony one thing you can truly control in this world." Daniel: "Oh yeah whats that?" Oma:"Whether you are good, or evil." That always sends chills down my spine.
      I've always loved that scene between Oma and Daniel.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I've always loved that scene between Oma and Daniel.
        I figured you did. Scary how much we have in coomon.

Comment

ascended daniel leading an ascended army

Comment

Originally posted by Quest_techie View Post
            ascended daniel leading an ascended army
            Cool but they won't ascend him again.

Comment

Wow, I haven't been here since August. On another note, I think many of the ideas are completely plausible. However, I try not to read too much into spoilers due to some serious disappointments when seeing the actual episode. I think Daniel will be changed against his will by Adria. I say that due to what has been leaked about the movie about the Ori. Which also leads one to wonder, since there is a serious lack of spoilers or news for the second half of season 10, do you think it is possible tptb have gone back and rewritten/reshot some thing to lead into the movie? Such as,
              Spoiler:
              Daniel was going to be turned back into a human, but since no s11, they are extending/reshooting that story to carry over into the movie?

Just some thoughts like that floating around my head. What do you think?

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
              http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71 View Post
                Wow, I haven't been here since August. On another note, I think many of the ideas are completely plausible. However, I try not to read too much into spoilers due to some serious disappointments when seeing the actual episode. I think Daniel will be changed against his will by Adria. I say that due to what has been leaked about the movie about the Ori. Which also leads one to wonder, since there is a serious lack of spoilers or news for the second half of season 10, do you think it is possible tptb have gone back and rewritten/reshot some thing to lead into the movie? Such as,
                Spoiler:
                Daniel was going to be turned back into a human, but since no s11, they are extending/reshooting that story to carry over into the movie?

Just some thoughts like that floating around my head. What do you think?
                Soprry, but no chance of that.
                Spoiler:
                Daniel's apparently changed back withni this single episode, as in Bounty he's already human and on Earth, according to spoilers. From the segment Space Channel did on the cancellation, you can see that during the shooting of Bad Guys he's a regular, human member of SG1 - they would have needed to rewrite and re-shot the entire 6 episodes following Shroud had they done it. This is impossible, both from production standpoint, budget and actors' contracts.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I hadn't read much about the spoilers for Bounty, and the other eps airing after "Shroud". I guess its just wishful thinking in a way, because having a movie based on getting Daniel back and a
                  Spoiler:
                  war with the Ori
                  would have made a great plot. Some updated info/spoilers from tptb would be nice though.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I hadn't read much about the spoilers for Bounty, and the other eps airing after "Shroud". I guess its just wishful thinking in a way, because having a movie based on getting Daniel back and a
                    Spoiler:
                    war with the Ori
                    would have made a great plot. Some updated info/spoilers from tptb would be nice though.
                    Actually, I'd rather not. I've been showing a disturbign lack of self control this year, so the less there is floating on the net, the better

As for Bounty
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm hoping Daniel actually [i]isn't/i] a part of the team in Bounty. The spoilers were very odd conerning Daniel, ery limited, and yet as I recall he said something in an interview that sounded as if there is some sort of a b-plot for him.
                    I guess with the disappointment of realising he's only a prior for one episode, I'm hoping there would be a different kind of ramification for the character - namely he leaves SG1 and the SGC and something happens in Bounty to draw him back in. If he just goes back into being a part of SG1 as if nothing ever happened... grr.
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Actually, I'd rather not. I've been showing a disturbign lack of self control this year, so the less there is floating on the net, the better

As for Bounty
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm hoping Daniel actually [i]isn't/i] a part of the team in Bounty. The spoilers were very odd conerning Daniel, ery limited, and yet as I recall he said something in an interview that sounded as if there is some sort of a b-plot for him.
                      I guess with the disappointment of realising he's only a prior for one episode, I'm hoping there would be a different kind of ramification for the character - namely he leaves SG1 and the SGC and something happens in Bounty to draw him back in. If he just goes back into being a part of SG1 as if nothing ever happened... grr.
                      I agree with what you said about Bounty, though. The one thing I don't like like about the show is the exteme lack of emotion that should be there for some eps, or how it can be a 'okay, lets get on with our lives' attitude. Some eps did have obvious emotional ramifications,(Heroes, Meridian) but as one who loves angst, I do wish there would be a bit more. As someone said earlier in a post, Daniel gets put through the emotional wringer, I hope it plays out as good as I am expecting it too.

Comment

I agree with what you said about Bounty, though. The one thing I don't like like about the show is the exteme lack of emotion that should be there for some eps, or how it can be a 'okay, lets get on with our lives' attitude. Some eps did have obvious emotional ramifications,(Heroes, Meridian) but as one who loves angst, I do wish there would be a bit more. As someone said earlier in a post, Daniel gets put through the emotional wringer, I hope it plays out as good as I am expecting it too.
                        I.... have confluicting feeligns on the issue. I'm a perosn who really enjos the subtle way in which Stargate plays out emotion. There are quite often times when they go through an emotional scene, shot it, and then tell the actors to repeat it but tone the performance down. I think they're usually making the right decision in this, because you can oftentimes get the strongest affect when the emotions are toned down. I think this is also true for the ramifications from other episodes - my favourite example is prolly Forever in a Day, alot of people complained that you don't see afterwards any emotinoal ramifications for Daniel - but there's those little lines in Past and Present, those little glances in The Devil You Know that shopw that there are ramifications, they're just not the core of the story.
                        I also think that this toning down adn forcing into the background of those ramificatinos allowed the characters to develop in a more human pace. Often what you get in television shows - whether science fiction or not - is that the characters move through so many differnet events, every event is presented as the end of the world... the characters can't take all of it in, so so many thigns are lost in the way and all these characterisations come to naught. If yopu watch Stargate seasons 1-10 in order, I think you see real people change ni the way real people do, not in the way entertainment requires them to.
                        So on those aspects, I enjoy the rather fragmantised, made-for-syndication character Stargate has had in earlier years.
                        That been said, there are times when they tick me off. It's not even always their fault, a lot of the time those are thigns that are written in and end up being cut do to timing issues. I'm really afraid that's going to happen in The Shroud, TBH - RCC usually writes his episodes way too long, I suspect, because quite often you get to hear about his episodes "oh, that was 10 minutes over" etc (cough, nto to mention the 23 minutes over they luckily managed to air in Threads..). Back to my point, its quite possible an all-character subplot to be cut off due to time issues, so it's quite possibel for something dealing with the aftermath in next episodes to disappear. I hope not. I hope they address it, I hope they don't throw it under the carpet, cos if they do... what was the bloody point?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I sincerely hope so too, if there's one time the writers should take in to account what the fans so desperately want, it's this, especially after the 'emotional wringer' comment which was actually made by one of the writers/producers (I can't remember who off the top of my head) It seems almost unanimous that what the fans want is plenty of angst. And (I'll put the next bit in a spoiler space)

Spoiler:
                          If Jack is definitely in the 'Shroud', he'd better be there for Daniel. If they don't write it like that, then they are ingnoring away a history of deep friendship. I want to see Daniel in emotional turmoil and Jack being there for him. loads of H/C, anything less will be unacceptable. IMHO anyway.

Sorry to sound a bit ranting, but that just how I feel about it

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
                            I sincerely hope so too, if there's one time the writers should take in to account what the fans so desperately want, it's this, especially after the 'emotional wringer' comment which was actually made by one of the writers/producers (I can't remember who off the top of my head) It seems almost unanimous that what the fans want is plenty of angst. And (I'll put the next bit in a spoiler space)
                            Joe Mallozzi in his Gateworld blog. But he was talking abotu actually writing the episode, and I suspect Shroud was two episodes at the time, Extreme Measures and In the Darkest REcesses, or something to that extant.
                            TBH after the "angst" of Morpheus, I'm kinda glad this is written by RCC. Well, I would have been happier at any rate, while JM is a good and even very good writer when he's writing plot-episodes, sometime he misses out on the real point of the drama, IMHO. RCC's strength is in the quiet, less action more emotional type of an episode, and I really hope this is one of them.

Spoiler:
                            If Jack is definitely in the 'Shroud', he'd better be there for Daniel. If they don't write it like that, then they are ingnoring away a history of deep friendship. I want to see Daniel in emotional turmoil and Jack being there for him. loads of H/C, anything less will be unacceptable. IMHO anyway.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think he is there for Daniel. MS mentioned osmething about a scene this year both hismelf and RDA were really looking forward to do, and I don't think he meant anything in 200, so it's gotta be Shroud. At any rate, it would have made no sense bringing RDA for this episode and not use him for the Jack-Daniel dynamic - especially as the only person who can pull down out of what he'd prolly be going through is Jack, I think.
                            Lol, as for H/C, I'm evil. That's where I'm hoping for the hurt, rather than comfort. I kinda like it better when it's left in mid-air and misery.

OH, adn rant away! it's fun
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Joe Mallozzi in his Gateworld blog. But he was talking abotu actually writing the episode, and I suspect Shroud was two episodes at the time, Extreme Measures and In the Darkest REcesses, or something to that extant.
                              TBH after the "angst" of Morpheus, I'm kinda glad this is written by RCC. Well, I would have been happier at any rate, while JM is a good and even very good writer when he's writing plot-episodes, sometime he misses out on the real point of the drama, IMHO. RCC's strength is in the quiet, less action more emotional type of an episode, and I really hope this is one of them.

Spoiler:
                              I think he is there for Daniel. MS mentioned osmething about a scene this year both hismelf and RDA were really looking forward to do, and I don't think he meant anything in 200, so it's gotta be Shroud. At any rate, it would have made no sense bringing RDA for this episode and not use him for the Jack-Daniel dynamic - especially as the only person who can pull down out of what he'd prolly be going through is Jack, I think.
                              Lol, as for H/C, I'm evil. That's where I'm hoping for the hurt, rather than comfort. I kinda like it better when it's left in mid-air and misery.

OH, adn rant away! it's fun
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder of what kind will be O'Neill and Vala interaction in this episode. Claudia said in one of her interviews that she has scenes with RDA in this episode.
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Ooh, I do hope so.

Spoiler:
                                I can see where you're coming from with the 'left in mid-air' thing, and that would do too. As long as there's plenty of J/D interaction. And please God that they don't use RDA's presence as an excuse to bung a load of S/J 'shippyness' in to the ep. He should be there for Daniel, like Daniel was there for him in Abyss.

I just hope they don't do a 'quick fix'. Maybe they could have his experience coming back to haunt him every so often. MS does dark and troubled so well. **sigh** When I first read the spoiler, I'd hoped that this arc would be spread out over a couple of eps. I mean, I guess it is in a way, but IMHO, I think they've done it the wrong way round. I know they had to work around MS absence from those two eps, but having it explained by him being somewhere else whilst coming to terms with his ordeal was kind of what I was hoping for. Am I making sense?

Comment

Working...
                                X