Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nyxlily
    You've brought up a very good point: Daniel's behavior leading up to 'The Shroud'. It really would give us a big clue to whether Daniel chose it or if it happened suddenly and against his will. Now I have to pay special attention to Daniel Well, as I always pay special attention to Daniel.. I mean more so than usual.
    I get what you mean.

Personally, I'm hoping it's brainwashing. I just can't see him willingly joining the ranks of the Ori, even if doubts about the Ancients surface within him.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

my guess also would have to be brainwashing if the prior daniel is going to be the real daniel. now we just have to see if they do for sure use that story arc.
      SAVE SG-1
      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Hey.. something new turned up regarding the story arc! Taken from stargate-solutions.. and yes, it does contain spoilers, including The Quest's two parter (though it's very very tiny, really).. so spoiler space just in case:

Spoiler:

Part 2 takes up from about this point: "At the end of part one, they face the protector of the Sangraal, and in part two their quest reaches its end, but not in the way they expected. Things take a bizarre turn and culminate in the disappearance of one of our characters." — Joseph Mallozzi, TV Zone Special 71, Summer 2006

and
        Spoiler:
        Concerning the "remarkably controversial" story arc for Daniel: "We're definitely heading there. I would say that our mid-season two-parter ends up with the character in a rather unexpected circumstance. It's a way to justify the two episodes in the summer that I'm taking off, but at the same time it's a great story development idea where Daniel kind of goes over to the other side, for a little bit, and everybody has to deal with the ramifications of that." — Michael Shanks, Starburst #339, Summer 2006.

So we now know a lil' bit more about what's going on

Given this new info, I guess it's safe to say Bounty happens either BEFORE or AFTER the story arc (not between as listed on both Gateworld and Solutions). I would be disappointed if it happens after because Bounty does not deal with any ramifications, from what I've read. I remain hopeful though since MS said the team will have to deal with it.

If Bounty airs in the second half of the season, I guess things WILL return to normal rather quickly.

Comment

*eyes nyxlily's post.*
          *chants: I will not read the spoilers. I will not read the spoilers.*
          *leaves thread*

Er, nevermind me. I've decided I don't want to know in advance... but but but. No. I will not read them spoilers. Good thing, tho, that MS said there will be ramifications for the arc. However... Bount can't come before Quest, because the order of the episodes up to Quest #2 is already known. Maybe there's missing info from Bounty spoilers? ...
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hi, I feel like the biggest noob saying this,
            but I've been sitting stewing over this for months, and I've come up with a possible solution to the Daniel-Prior Dillemma (If it's ridiculous, forgive me, it's my first day)

How do we know that the Ori are one cohesive force? Is it possible that there could be dissent among their ranks (having discovered a way around the prior-self-destruct thingy), Could there be those among the ascended who chose to be religious yet non-violent? Could this be another, seperate group of Ori, who Daniel chose to join, in order to help provide a peaceful alternative to The Ori's Violent ways? A group of ascendeds who prefered a peaceful brand of Origin as opposed to the Alterran's Science? Being Religious doesn't always make one violent.

what does everyone else think?

cheers,
            Casanova
            Last edited by Casanova; 10 July 2006, 04:29 PM.
            Sometimes the truth........
            Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
            Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
            - General George S. Patton

Comment

Welcome! I don't know about the others, but I think it's quite special for you to chose this thread for your first post. lol.

Anyway, that's an interesting theory and I don't see it as ridiculous. All theories are valid until the episode airs! It's a very possible scenario, but the spoilers I've read so far leads me to believe it has something to do with what they were searching for in The Quest. And MS did state (somewhat vaguely) Daniel turning 'darkside'. I don't know. That's why it's so exciting to see how it'll all turn out!

Comment

*Waves at Casanova* He's my brother lol
                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

There are so many ways this whole scenario with Daniel could play out. That's what's so great about it. We'll just have to pay special attention to him throughout this season.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                    Hey.. something new turned up regarding the story arc! Taken from stargate-solutions.. and yes, it does contain spoilers, including The Quest's two parter (though it's very very tiny, really).. so spoiler space just in case:

Spoiler:

Part 2 takes up from about this point: "At the end of part one, they face the protector of the Sangraal, and in part two their quest reaches its end, but not in the way they expected. Things take a bizarre turn and culminate in the disappearance of one of our characters." — Joseph Mallozzi, TV Zone Special 71, Summer 2006

and
                    Spoiler:
                    Concerning the "remarkably controversial" story arc for Daniel: "We're definitely heading there. I would say that our mid-season two-parter ends up with the character in a rather unexpected circumstance. It's a way to justify the two episodes in the summer that I'm taking off, but at the same time it's a great story development idea where Daniel kind of goes over to the other side, for a little bit, and everybody has to deal with the ramifications of that." — Michael Shanks, Starburst #339, Summer 2006.

So we now know a lil' bit more about what's going on

Given this new info, I guess it's safe to say Bounty happens either BEFORE or AFTER the story arc (not between as listed on both Gateworld and Solutions). I would be disappointed if it happens after because Bounty does not deal with any ramifications, from what I've read. I remain hopeful though since MS said the team will have to deal with it.

If Bounty airs in the second half of the season, I guess things WILL return to normal rather quickly.
                    whew ty nyxlilly for that. i guess they do save him in the end...... so it sounds
                    SAVE SG-1
                    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova
                      Hi, I feel like the biggest noob saying this,
                      but I've been sitting stewing over this for months, and I've come up with a possible solution to the Daniel-Prior Dillemma (If it's ridiculous, forgive me, it's my first day)

How do we know that the Ori are one cohesive force? Is it possible that there could be dissent among their ranks (having discovered a way around the prior-self-destruct thingy), Could there be those among the ascended who chose to be religious yet non-violent? Could this be another, seperate group of Ori, who Daniel chose to join, in order to help provide a peaceful alternative to The Ori's Violent ways? A group of ascendeds who prefered a peaceful brand of Origin as opposed to the Alterran's Science? Being Religious doesn't always make one violent.

what does everyone else think?

cheers,
                      Casanova

that would make them like the tok'ra
                      http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Tok'ori would be interesting, but i doubt it. from what we've heard they are like the star trek borg, they are a collective working for universal domination, but i do wonder if there is a single big baddie ori who rules over the rest
                        SAVE SG-1
                        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

What if Daniel decided to go against the Ori, got flamed (a la Gerak), died, ascended, then decended as a normal human
                          He's done it so many times before, he's like a yoyo lol
                          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

i could see that happening myself, of he is a prior then i guess he certianly can ascend yet again... but somethings going to have to change, the guy has died how many times now? plus i cant see the SGC finding some emergency cure.
                            SAVE SG-1
                            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack
                              that would make them like the tok'ra
                              And it'd be a good way to introduce a new ally for the Tauri. Soon we'll have potty ships of our own LMAO
                              Sometimes the truth........
                              Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                              Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                              - General George S. Patton

Comment

I sware if they kill him off im gonna cry. As they turning him
                                Spoiler:
                                into an ori, he better come back!
                                Last edited by kiwigater; 12 July 2006, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X