Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did promise Jonas and his people that once they acquired shield technology they would return.

Comment

What was the falling out the directors had wit Corin Nemec, the actor who plays Jonas? I've also read that they don't want to have Jonas back for quite some time, suggesting to me that he may not come back at all. Stargate is one of those shows that does well for beloved characters. Didn't we just see some return in "The Ripple Effect?" How many times have they brought back Major Kawalsky? So, I guess there must have been a falling out or we would have seen him by now.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiringsoapwriter
        What was the falling out the directors had wit Corin Nemec, the actor who plays Jonas? I've also read that they don't want to have Jonas back for quite some time, suggesting to me that he may not come back at all. Stargate is one of those shows that does well for beloved characters. Didn't we just see some return in "The Ripple Effect?" How many times have they brought back Major Kawalsky? So, I guess there must have been a falling out or we would have seen him by now.
        The people we saw return in Ripple Effect are local Canadian actors and are easier to get to do a return stint.

To the best of my knowledge, coming from what CN has said, there was no falling out. He has mentioned being happy to return, so I assume it wasn't a terrible experience and he didn't leave on bad terms. (Of course, he is a very good actor so he might be pretending. )
        I think the falling out happened at a higher level and he just got caught in the crossfire.

BTW if anyone's interested in what Corin's been up to recently:
        http://www.niceguys-movie.com (Ensemble Comedy also starring Jason Mewes & Edward Furlong) - trailer on site.
        http://www.parzania.com (India set Family/Political drama) trailer
        He's also worked on a film called American Standards (family drama), and should be filming/has filmed SciFi Original Movie "The Citadel" (WWII soldiers vs. Evil Nazi Experiment )

Comment

Originally posted by Da'goth
          Bring back Jonas in season 10! At least in the 200th episode!
          i am a big jonas fan so i could not agree with you more i would love to see Jonas back in the stargate universe i would love to see him come back to the SGC to help combat the Orii or go to Atlantis to protect his world from the wraith

Comment

When it comes down to it Parker Lewis can't lose. We need him on the team to fight against the Ori.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              Gall was from earth, Jonas isn't. Atlantis is top secret, Jonas probably knows nothing about it

I think Jonas was more the exception on his planet - his fellow Kelownans did mention that he was especially smart

no

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/319.shtml

he's more advanced on the evo path than anyother (jonas)

Comment

I would love to see them bring Corin back to the show as Jonas. He could rejoin SG-1 and help them fight the Orii. I think he was a great addition to the show.

Comment

And in plus, it would be such a balanced team! 2 fighters (Teal'c, Cameron), 2 smart people (Daniel, Jonas), and to balance it out, theres super Sam who is both a smart person and a fighter.
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    Ok, he's move don, he has more important things to be doing than going around the system with SG-1. He's doing the negotiator thing and, in all likleyness getting down and dirty with sum hot kelownan guy.
                    Quoted for truth.

Anyway, as much as I like Jonas, let's not have the 200th episode be Jonas-centric. Besides. Having him back for just one episode and having him go on a mission with SG-1... no.

He COULD be one of the guest stars in the 200th episode, though. That'd be fine by me.

He could Ascend!

Concerning how advanced Jonas is... in "Fallout", the female scientist, what's-her-name, who, albeit was Goa'ulded, mentioned that she was a quick study too and added something in a "Like we all are"-way. So I think there are lots of people on Kelowna who are quick studies and exceptionally intelligent.
                    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 04 February 2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I would love to see Jonas back again. I miss him! Back for the 200th episode would be great. But as much as I would like to see him, I think only as a special guest star would work. Back again as a regular would not be so good. I like the current team dynamic.

But to see him back, just for one episode would be BRILLIANT!! I MISS YOU JONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                        I think the falling out happened at a higher level and he just got caught in the crossfire.
                        What are you referring to?

Comment

Here is the interview that Nemic says he was going to origionally be on Atlantis.

"Words by Ian Spelling

October 2003

Corin Nemec's journey on Stargate SG-1 didn't last nearly as long as anyone anticipated - Nemec included. The actor joined the show under the toughest of circumstances. He first played Jonas Quinn in the late fifth-season episode Meridian and was asked, in essence, to replace one of the show's most popular actors, Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), during the series' sixth and, presumably, last season. But as he strove to transform Jonas Quinn into a character of interest, Shanks and Jackson never seemed too far away.

By the end of Season Six, Jackson had 'de-ascended' and as Season Six gave way to Season Seven - a year brought about by surprisingly strong ratings - it was clear that Quinn would no longer be an integral part of the show. And so Quinn returned to Kelowna and Nemec, apart from three guest appearances in Season Seven, moved on.

Yet despite his character's sorely curtailed tour of the cosmos, Nemec tells DREAMWATCH that he remains upbeat about his experiences with SG-1...

DREAMWATCH: Overall, have you enjoyed your time on Stargate SG-1?

NEMEC: Absolutely. The time that I've spent on Stargate has been great. I'd really love for it to continue. We'll see what happens after this period of time, but everybody on Stargate is a blast.

DREAMWATCH: What did you make of the way they introduced Quinn on the show and the way in which they worked him into the fabric of the series?

NEMEC: The way they introduced him into the show was quick. It was very quick. That was necessary under the circumstances. The way the character goes out is even quicker! I think it's cool that the original cast is getting to finish it off together, I really do. That's actually a pretty damn cool thing. They spent five years together and why shouldn't they spend the final year or two together.

DREAMWATCH: When you originally signed on, were you of the belief it was a one-year deal or were you thinking you were in it for the long haul?

NEMEC: I was told that my character was going to be spun-off into the next series, into Stargate: Atlantis. That was the initial idea that was offered to me: that my character would go from Stargate to the spin-off and then from there to wherever. That was the initial package that was initially presented. If it happened that way, great. It didn't.

DREAMWATCH: Given all that, were you pleased with your character's development in the show?

NEMEC: Somewhat. Because the storyline is so important in Stargate, character development in that kind of condensed format is almost secondary. Jonas did get development throughout the season. I had some great episodes. I liked Shadow Play, Nightwalkers and Prophecy. I thought Shadow Play was a really good episode, a lot of fun. I liked Changeling, the one that Chris Judge wrote. I didn't have a big part in that, but I liked the idea that he presented. It was just a little different. And Chris and I actually got to have a nice scene in the bathroom. It was a normal two guys talking kind of scene, and that was a lot of fun.

Overall, it's impossible to define a character in one season. Realistically, I think the character was only touched upon. Who knows what could have happened?

DREAMWATCH: You and Michael Shanks have worked together a few times. How do you and he get along?

NEMEC: I love working with Michael. I think he's a great actor and I really enjoy playing off him. To be quite honest, I'd love to go further in that relationship. Michael and I get along great. I guarantee you it could have gone any way. That kind of situation depends on the individuals. Michael is a really down-to-earth guy and I'm whatever - just me. I believe that Michael and I could easily work together on a regular basis and play off each other very well and have a great time.

DREAMWATCH: Fall-Out, a Season Seven episode, is based on your original storyline. How did that happen?

NEMEC: I'd pitched them five different storylines over the last year. They picked up on one. The storyline was supposed to take place on Earth, but they said, "If you can make it take place on Quinn's planet, we'd be interested." I had a great meeting with [Executive Producer] Robert Cooper and [Co-Executive Producer] Joe Mallozzi and made it work.

My exit episode was basically the second part of the [Seventh-Season opener], but I had a three-episode contract. So I had to do a third episode and they picked up a storyline from me. I think that's freaking awesome. I did the two-parter and then I came back a couple of months later to do the episode I wrote the story for. They did an amazing job with the script, because my storyline was so simple. It was beats and moments, [there was] no dialogue written. It was the basics of a story. Joe [and writing partner Paul Mullie] came in there and made an episode out of it.

The story is basically a crisis scenario on my planet. The world is going to be destroyed and we have to save it.

DREAMWATCH: Have thay said anything to you yet about coming back for more episodes in Season Eight?

NEMEC: No. We'll see what happens."

http://www.corinnemec.com/Dreamwatch110.htm

Comment

Thanks Amanda Eros for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                              Thanks Amanda Eros for posting that.
                              Your welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                ripple effect would have been the perfect opportunity....personally, i think netu will freeze firse
                                koodos! They should've put Jonas and/or/instead of Martouf. I personally would've loved seeing Jonas again much more than Martouf, but, eh, well, I'm getting used to being disappointed on that level

If Jonas were brought to the show, I feel he could have a lot to contribute. Of course, it depends on what light they're writing him in, and I'm gonna be negative on that account too
                                - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                                Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Working...
                                X