Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet he'll be pulled back into it by reporting an amazing discovery he's been working on back in... whatever the name of his world is. Curse my fluctuating memory!

"You got have of the duet right, Cherriey. The other person who sang that song, with Toby Keith, was Willie Nelson."

Do I have to get everything right? Not all knowledge springs to my mind at once. *pouts*

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Thanks Madeleine. I thought it was just me and my addled brains.

As for Jonas being brought to Atlantis.....I'm for it. Rodney is "science smart", but they need a quick study like Jonas for interpretation of new languages and objects and interaction with new races, etc. He was excellent in season 6 of SG1, and taking over Daniel's role must have been very difficult. I thought he pulled it off quite well. I'm thrilled MS returned, but Corin Nemec would be a plus for SGA. Just my opinion.....
      Personally, I can't see Jonas adding much more than clutter to the show (and that's not an insult). When Jonas was on SG1, he basically did daniel's role. They've already got a few archeologist types (probably potential redshirts) on SGA, but what it all boils down to is budget. They can bring Jonas on when they give much meatier roles to weir, teyla, ronon and Beckett So, I don't see this happening unless someone wants to write AU fic...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        I thought season 6 was a great season. The only reason why so many hated it was because Daniel was gone. And originally, they were gonna put Jonas in Atlantis. So what changed?
        [/i]
        I don't recal anything firm ever being said about Jonas actually being in Atlantis. I think the actor said he'd love to do the show, but never did the producers say that Jonas would be on the Atlantis cast (of course, if someone can point us to a definitive quote...)

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
          I am in the proccess of getting my first book published. (Nothing to do with stargate) Anyways I'm writing a 2 part episode in which O'Neill and Jonas return. My script is 20 pages long so far. I plan to send it to the producers along with a script for Atlantis when I polish them up. If anyone's interested I'll post some of the plot here.
          Alas, studios will not accept unsolicited scripts. You MUST work through an agent and studios usually do NOT want to see a script written of their show, but of other work, but as someone said, post it on the web, it's toast.

Comment

I'd like to see Jonas return, but not for some time.

I'd like to see it related to the Ori (as in a Prior goes there)... and maybe revisit the satellite from Ethon... a sequel, sort of...

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              Personally, I can't see Jonas adding much more than clutter to the show (and that's not an insult). When Jonas was on SG1, he basically did daniel's role. They've already got a few archeologist types (probably potential redshirts) on SGA, but what it all boils down to is budget. They can bring Jonas on when they give much meatier roles to weir, teyla, ronon and Beckett So, I don't see this happening unless someone wants to write AU fic...
              A good point but he was trying to fill Daniel's shoes and was able to do so because he was a quick study. However, we never really did find out exactly what it was he did on Kelwona, apart from being the liasion. And his role there since he returned means the character must have changed considerably.
              sigpic

Comment

I loved season 6 with Jonas and I'd love to see him return for season 10. I think he was a great addition to the show. With the Ori out to take over the galaxy, now is a great opportunity to bring him back to the show and the team.

Comment

Originally Posted by prion

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                  A good point but he was trying to fill Daniel's shoes and was able to do so because he was a quick study. However, we never really did find out exactly what it was he did on Kelwona, apart from being the liasion. And his role there since he returned means the character must have changed considerably.
                  From what we were presented in seeing him on his homeworld, he was a paperpusher/liaison type, not a soldier nor a scientist. Sort of, well, an office worker, but in a government position... with a very good memory (reminds me of that old show on ABC from the 70s...) He's more active in his homeworld now, so I don't see why he'd leave. Plus, well, the point is moot, as honestly, it all boils down to $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    If all those other duplicate threads are so important to you, then help us out, report them and let us take care of them.

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

now, back on topic, Jonas and season ten.
                    Jonas and Season 10.

Hmm.

I liked Jonas and thought TPTB gave up on him too quickly. His character had potential. He screwed up initially and wanted to make it up to those he wronged. He saw the bigger picture beyond his planet's petty bickering. He was funny without being overstated. He was full of conviction and had a strength that worked well with the others. But like I said...I think they gave up on him too quickly.

As for seeing him again? I think it'd be nice...especially if they can make it relevant to the current story arcs. Show him who he is today, how the past couple years have changed him (be it for the better or the worst). Be fair to the character who was forgotten like yesterday's news and give him some sort of meaty material to better wrap up his story. Maybe have him do something meaningful and self-sacrificial or heroic.

So I guess my answer would have to be I'd like to see him as a recurring character and find out how he is and what he's doing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Jonas and Season 10.

As for seeing him again? I think it'd be nice...especially if they can make it relevant to the current story arcs. Show him who he is today, how the past couple years have changed him (be it for the better or the worst).
                      I think it would be interesting to have another episode with Jonas in it, but TPTB would probably not bring him back as a recurring character. It would just get too expensive.
                      An avacado a day keeps everyone away if you have good enough aim.

Comment

Too expensive!!!!!! They just hired CB full time!!! IF they have the money to add a full time character, surely they could put Jonas/CN in there somewhere!!! I mean, come on!

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                        Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                        Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Words: Alan Bellamy

Nemec reveals that when Jonas was first introduced into the Stargate SG-1 universe, it had been tentatively intended that the character would then continue into the spin-off Stargate: Atlantis, which was at that time still at the fledging ideas stage. This, explains the actor, informed how he approached the character during Jonas' development throughout season six.

"Initially, I was told the character was going to spin-off onto Stargate: Atlantis. So, that being the case, I was really concerned about creating a character that could be more of a lead on a new show. I was concerned with the hero aspect of the character. I felt it was important to establish something of a 'cowboy' type of willingness to go to any means necessary to complete the mission, in order to establish a hero quality that people could follow in the new show."

Of course, Nemec's choice to have Jonas return to his native planet of Kelowna rather than meeting his end in a more final way at the conclusion of his involvement with SG-1 has left the door open should the inquisitive alien ever want to visit Earth once more. The actor himself would love to return, if only for the opportunity to work with the group housed at Bridge Studios once more.

"I don't know if the character of Jonas will be reintroduced into the next season of Stargate SG-1, but I would certainly love to come back to the show and revisit that character and work environment, that would be a blast. I would be interested in working with those guys on any project that they do, because they are very professional and they run a tight ship. In terms of the work experience overall it was 1000 per cent a great experience."
                          Taken from the Official SG1 Magazine
                          Last edited by Amanda Eros; 02 March 2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Dreamwatch 110 - The Fifth Man

Words by Ian Spelling

October 2003

DREAMWATCH: What did you make of the way they introduced Quinn on the show and the way in which they worked him into the fabric of the series?

NEMEC: The way they introduced him into the show was quick. It was very quick. That was necessary under the circumstances. The way the character goes out is even quicker! I think it's cool that the original cast is getting to finish it off together, I really do. That's actually a pretty damn cool thing. They spent five years together and why shouldn't they spend the final year or two together.

DREAMWATCH: When you originally signed on, were you of the belief it was a one-year deal or were you thinking you were in it for the long haul?

NEMEC: I was told that my character was going to be spun-off into the next series, into Stargate: Atlantis. That was the initial idea that was offered to me: that my character would go from Stargate to the spin-off and then from there to wherever. That was the initial package that was initially presented. If it happened that way, great. It didn't.
                            Last edited by Amanda Eros; 02 March 2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                              Taken from the Official SG1 Magazine
                              Nemec reveals that when Jonas was first introduced into the Stargate SG-1 universe, it had been tentatively intended that the character would then continue into the spin-off Stargate: Atlantis, which was at that time still at the fledging ideas stage. This, explains the actor, informed how he approached the character during Jonas' development throughout season six.

"Initially, I was told the character was going to spin-off onto Stargate: Atlantis. So, that being the case, I was really concerned about creating a character that could be more of a lead on a new show. I was concerned with the hero aspect of the character. I felt it was important to establish something of a 'cowboy' type of willingness to go to any means necessary to complete the mission, in order to establish a hero quality that people could follow in the new show."
                              Originally posted by Frinky
                              Too expensive!!!!!! They just hired CB full time!!! IF they have the money to add a full time character, surely they could put Jonas/CN in there somewhere!!! I mean, come on!
                              First... was Claudia Black hired full time, or does she appear in just every other episode? We won't know for a while.

Second, if what Corin said is correct, he "was told" that his character was "going to spin off". If you don't get that in writing, I'm sorry to say, you're screwed (having seen enough of that stuff in business). I think the biggest clue to the whole scenario is that I have yet to see Corin or anybody else, really (that I know of) say *why* Jonas/Nemec did not move over to Atlantis. At one point, I just read, Ben Browder had been considered for the lead, but was busy with the Farscape Peacekeeper movie (and honestly, I'm glad, as we got Joe Flangian for the lead and BB went to SG1).

Fan response to Daniel leaving probably was probably responsible to some degree to the studio asking Michael Shanks to return to the show, but that wouldn't explain why Nemec wasn't considered for Atlantis (as no article besides that one, to my knowledge, mentions that tidbit). I'd say that whatever reason that Nemec didn't go to Atlantis, had his appearance on SG1 cut by a year (but this is NOT rare, it has happened with other shows, such as War of the Worlds), we fans will probably never know the reason unless someone writes a tell-all book, or gets up on stage at a convention totally blotto and says "Let me tell you what really happened" (but I seriously doubt that will happen as that'll kill a career).

Comment

Still it would be nice if his character was worked into the plot in a recurring role somewhat like Brae'tak's. =0)

Comment

Working...
                                X