This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz
    I like the fact its not SG-1 saving the day. But the Harcesis idea kinda, blehs.
    My take on this, was why was Oma raising Shifu in the first place? Maybe the Ancients knew of the coming of the Ori's Oracle and choose him as their champion, to combat him/her.

Comment

Sounds like it could be very interesting.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
        Korelev an Earth ship. It sounds like a Russian ship because that was the name of a Soviet Union Lunar mission a while back. It seems to have good hyperdrives, if it allowed DJ to intercept an Ori ship on the other side of the galaxy. Wonder if it's the same on that Daedalus has. Can't see the SGC giving them Asgard & other tech that was developed after 'Disclosure'. It probably has the same stuff that Prometheus initially did when it came into service.

Only disappointing thing, is to hear about the Odyssey getting it's ass kicked again. More than likely as a result of having continued crappy weapons. When will they give them some form of energy weapons.
        I doubt the SGC would have much choice but to give the Russians any tech that they had themselves. The SGC is overseen by an international commitee and all tech used in the ships would have to be shared with the US' allies. Whether there is an Asgard aboard depends on whether or not they agreed to work with the Russians and/or if the Russian and US shipbuilding programs are full/part joint venture.
        It also depends on whether or not the Asgard hyperdrives, etc on board are actual Asgard units or if they are constructed from Earth tech using an Asgard design (in a similar manner to the generator of Ancient design that O`Neill built in 'The Fifth Race') and are referred to as Asgard units because they follow one of their designs and they helped us build them. Seems like quite a risk relying on another race for your ships' shields, beams, and hyperdrive, even if it is the Asgard.

Either way, it makes sense for the Russians to be building their own ships. They have the plans for Prommie/Daedalus but they didn't incur any of the R 'n' D costs so the actual cost in money to them would be alot less than the US.
        So current ship count:
        Prometheus - (SPOILERS for "Ethon" ....)
        Spoiler:
        Destroyed in 'Ethon'

Daedalus - Making trips between Earth and Atlantis.
        Orion - This ship is rumoured to be in SGA more, so probably same as above.
        Odyssey - SG-1's new Daedalus-class ship.
        Korolev - Russian ship. Unknown design. It will probably be either Prometheus/Daedalus layout, possibly new design if they can afford the VFX.

Earth is building up a pretty impressive ship count. Although it does seem odd to have 2 ships in SGA but only 1 in SG-1, you'd think they'd want more resource defending Earth!

Definitely looking forward to S10 now, looks like it might continue the trend of changing the SG-1 universe forever, set by S9 of course.
        Last edited by Darren; 11 January 2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
          sounds interesting

I also think the Kosolev is russian, I've heard about the Odyssey and the Orion, if they'd also have another one it would be too much IMO
          It is indeed Russian the name Koselev is named after Russian engineer Sergei Pavlovich Korelev many regarded him to be one of father of Russian rocket program.This is the man who designed and built the rocket that put first satellite in space and the first human in space.

Read more about him here.
          http://www.asss.utvinternet.com/arti...efdesigner.htm
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Priors, Doci, and Oracles oh my!

I love the Ori, great enemies in my opinion.

Season Ten premiere sounds flippin awesome.

Comment

I was a bit worried about season 10, because i haven't yet been completely sold on the Vala character. Now however, she has a serious storyline to go at, and it gives her a reason to join SG-1 (a bit like Daniels search for Shau'ri after COTG). As there seems to be a proper solid reason to be there, i'm now looking forward to season 10.

Can't wait for October (darn, why oh why so long!)

That episode really does look awesome.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                I was a bit worried about season 10, because i haven't yet been completely sold on the Vala character. Now however, she has a serious storyline to go at, and it gives her a reason to join SG-1 (a bit like Daniels search for Shau'ri after COTG). As there seems to be a proper solid reason to be there, i'm now looking forward to season 10.

Can't wait for October (darn, why oh why so long!)

That episode really does look awesome.
                I always knew Vala had an honorable side to her, or maybe its was just the Aeryn Sun character that can't be forgotten.

Comment

Season 10 premiere spoiler

I just find the spoiler from
                  http://gateworld.net/news/2006/01/se...sfleshan.shtml

which also contains some spoiler for S9 finale

spoiler
                  Highlight the following
                  After becoming pregnant while in the Ori's home galaxy ("Crusade"), Vala gives birth to her miracle child. But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world.

Adria, Vala's child, is by all appearances a normal human child. But in truth, the girl is a genetically engineered, human-form Ori. She grows rapidly, aging years in a matter of hours (up to about age 12). She is not "possessed" by an ascended Ori, but is rather the human manifestation (with mortal limitations) of what the Ori are.

[mod snip - please do not reprint entire articles]

I can't wait for S10, if it is as good as the spoiler said[
                  And
                  Spoiler
                  So we may see another Earth ship Korelev in the S9 finale, but too bad it probaby get destory.And Ori fleet reach Milkyway
                  Last edited by Darren; 12 January 2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                    Season 10 premiere spoiler

I just find the spoiler from
                    http://gateworld.net/news/2006/01/se...sfleshan.shtml

which also contains some spoiler for S9 finale

spoiler
                    Highlight the following
                    Spoiler:
                    After becoming pregnant while in the Ori's home galaxy ("Crusade"), Vala gives birth to her miracle child. But no one can predict the astonishing -- and dangerous -- being that is brought into the world.

Adria, Vala's child, is by all appearances a normal human child. But in truth, the girl is a genetically engineered, human-form Ori. She grows rapidly, aging years in a matter of hours (up to about age 12). She is not "possessed" by an ascended Ori, but is rather the human manifestation (with mortal limitations) of what the Ori are.

[mod snip]

I can't wait for S10, if it is as good as the spoiler said[
                    And
                    Spoiler
                    So we may see another Earth ship Korelev in the S9 finale, but too bad it probaby get destory.And Ori fleet reach Milkyway
                    You do know there is a Season 10 board?
                    Last edited by Darren; 12 January 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I've started daydreaming the ep. Jack and Jonas are in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm speechless really.

And not in a good way.

I'll try to reserve judgment until we get closer to the premiere date, but as it is, it would seem that several, SEVERAL fans called this creative choice (though I hadn't had the foresight to jump on that bandwagon, I had hoped for the best), which I believe says a whole heck of a lot about how utterly cliched it sounds.

But... reserving judgment...

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...sfleshan.shtml

wow ori claiming the alterrans are evil. that's a new one

cuz last i remember it the alterrans don't force their people into 6 hours prayer and kill them if they don't follow origin
                          Actually, the Ori already implied the Ancients were the bad guys in that one episode, um, Fourth Horsemen part 2, as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Actually, the Ori already implied the Ancients were the bad guys in that one episode, um, Fourth Horsemen part 2, as I recall.
                            Actually we knew that in Origin.

Comment

OMFG!!! and not in a good way. Carrying on the tradition started with Vala ---- cliches will abound and they are just full of surprises - hah - that's a joke. Whoever didn't see this coming the second they announced the baby . . . . I wonder if Lucy Lawless and the blonde that palyed Gabrielle will be making guest appearances. It would be neat if they included Joxer as well, then again maybe Mitchell could be Joxer. It seems that if they do take this down the sci-fi campy road that they are going they will indeed get their new audience.

From intelligent well-written drama to sci-fi camp cliches. Talk about reinvention. Robert Cooper should be very proud - bah! You know, barring a few eps in S9 that I will likely watch it is time to take up those who keep saying if you don't like it don't watch - my God this sounds so bad I will indeed stop watching there is no reason to keep watching in the hope that things will fix themselves and the well written intelligent drama will return in place of this sci-fi cheesy campy cliche ridden melodrama of a soap opera. These spoilers have ripped that little bit of hope that came with the announcement of a S10 right out.

BTW - to all of those who keep saying if you don't like it don't watch - careful what you wish for. Look around all of the forums - if all of the people who don't like it or were holding out hope do decide to stop watching . . . .
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 11 January 2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                I've started daydreaming the ep. Jack and Jonas are in it.
                                whered you hear that?

Comment

Working...
                                X