Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaargh...I'm tortured by cliff-hangers. But it depends what kind of cliff-hanger. I haven't come across any reason to stop watching SG1 yet, so I hope they go on another season or two at the least. I think I can never get enough of stargates and light sabers, no matter who the characters are using them.

Besides, they can't quit 'til I've had the chance to audition for them! (That goes for Atlantis and SG1!) LOL

Comment

I hope they don't leave it as a cliff hanger. I do not watch the season enders because they are cliff hangers. Nothing is worse than having to wait to see the end of the show. It just doesn't sit well. Rather have an end to issues so that if the shows do not come back then you aren't left holding a bag of question marks.

Comment

My ideas of a chiffhanger would be...
        This is for all the Sam/Jack shippers out there....

1)Sam gets shot by something (what that something is I leave up to you) and appers to get killed, cut to Jack getting a phone call, he answers, and his facial expressions change, then the credits roll
        2) Jack ask Sam to marry him despite the regs

The next ideas are for the Daniel Lovers out there...

1) Sarah (a.k.a Orsis) comes back and tell Daniel something that will change his life forever. (Like he has a child by her... or his mother and/or father is still alive)
        2) Daniel gets killed permentally (or the apperance of getting killed)
        3) He disappers w/o a trace
        There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

ITs probably best to end the show at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
            ITs probably best to end the show at the end of the season.
            You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're in the minority on that one, bub. Personally, I say go with a cliffhanger for season 10. Afterall, something has to lead us into season 11, right?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're in the minority on that one, bub. Personally, I say go with a cliffhanger for season 10. Afterall, something has to lead us into season 11, right?
              IS there a Season 11 scheduled and in the works?

Comment

If there is definitely going to be a season 11 (or even a mini-series/movie), then I don't mind season 10 ending on a cliff hanger. If not, then I think it should have a relatively open ending-SG1 (whoever is on the team by then!) going through the Gate or something like that.
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

i personally love it when a season DOESNT end on a cliffhanger. cliffhanger endings are just terrible, there's no sense of containment to the season, more a sense of leakage. it's very unartistic.
                  I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

I want a cliffhanger. And more seasons
                    Last edited by AscendedWarrior; 28 January 2006, 08:14 AM.

Comment

The only thing that works either ways is an open ending with a few conclusions a few revelations. So what ever may come next season would be something naturally or if it has to end abruptly then we would be "satisfied" with that.
                      On a personal note: I would not like a cancellation, especially after seeing how good season 9 turned out to be.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

I think it would be alright to end in a cliffhanger - if there's a season or a mini-series planned afterwards. However, if there's not, well, a cliffhanger would still be all right - as long as it ended on a positive-ish note.
                        For example, the Ori coming to kill earth and its inhabitants but the SGC and the Jaffa have an armada stationed over earth and various planets, and it ends with SG-1 walking up the ramp and Cam or Daniel or someone saying something to the effect of (but not as cliched as) "We'll keep on fighting" or "We'll give it our best shot" or "They're not taking us without a fight."
                        That'd be classic SG-1, imo.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Sure, as long as they do continue on it. Angel ended with a huge cliffhanger. The rest of the episode was spectacular, but it ended with a cliffhanger with a "maybe" for future movies. None yet.

"Alf" ended with the biggest cliffhanger efter. And then it got cancelled.

Comment

All good things must come to an end. though I am not paticularly looking forward to the end of this good thing. .
                            but you can't end it on a happynote. I t wouldn't fit in with the context of the show. plus that would be a cheesey way to end a seiries.
                            but you can't put a cliff hanger at the end of a seiies either unless they're going to give us a movie or something.
                            and you can't kill off the characters because that would be the owrst ending to a seiries. i feel bad for the writers they must be really chalenged, trying to come up with a good ending to the best telivision show ever.

but hey let's not talk about ending it be more opstimistic and think season 11.

Comment

It's gotta be a Butch 'n' Sundance, Thelma 'n' Louise, Blackadder over-the-top style ending for me, going out in a blaze of glory.
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                              X