• Show
Clear All

Oh yeah never bow to a false god.

Its fun.
    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
    LOVE HIM-> DT
    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

No cliffhangers, is it necessary anymore? I think Sg-1 has an audience. I remember Voyager Season 4 ending with Hope and Fear, SPOILER...

An episode were the crew thought they might have a real shot of getting home. The episode wrapped up Season 4 nicely and let Season 5 start with a fresh episode, I felt it was very well done.

Comment

I never have liked cliffhangers. Down with them!

But i spose rating people need them so they get their audience back again the next week.
        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
        LOVE HIM-> DT
        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I do like the cliff hangers, It makes it all the more exciting when the premier aproaches. I think they should go for a cliff hanger, but also have an alternate plan if the show doesn't get renewed.

Perfecto!

Comment

If there is a cliffhanger, there better be a Season 11. So help me God, if Sci-Fi ever does a Farscape to Stargate SG-1. I will scream, bombard Sci-Fi people with letters, and boycott Sci-Fi.

Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 09 January 2006, 05:01 PM.
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Cliffhangers aren't bad as long as you KNOW that there will be another season. Also, with a show like Stargate that will have been going for 10 years, they will need to change things up a bit. I have several ideas to do just that:

Kill off a character:
              Sam or Teal'c would be perfect candidates, as Daniel never stays dead, and you just can't kill the new guys. That's why Heroes was a great 2-parter. If I remember correctly, the middle came when they discovered that someone had been hurt. Actualy following through and killing Janet was completely unexpected and made the episode great instead of just another 2-parter.

The 180 surprise to be continued:
              When I was a kid (5 years ago, when I was 12) I watched the final episode of Reboot. Basicaly, they defeated the villain, saved the city, and everything was happy, with 5 minutes left to wrap up the show in this final episode. Instead of wrapping it up, the villain they thought they had killed turned out to be a clone, and the real villain had disguised himself as a main character and was poised to take over the city.
              Despite the fact that this is a kids show, I think this would be a great idea for Stargate. Have a 2-parter at the end of season 10, make up a fake ending to release on the internet, then have something blow up the white house. (bad example, but make up some better surprise ending)

LET THE VILLAIN WIN!:
              Have a cliffhanger, but instead of the obligatory victory for the heroes that everyone knows will come approximately 39 minutes after they tune in to the riveting conclusion, let the villain's plan succeed. What could possibly be cooler than Baal taking over a small country, training a small army, assaulting the SGC, then using symbiote-controlled personnel to activate the SGC's self destruct device while SG-1 is off-world. (Alright, there are plenty of cooler things, but you get my drift)

As long as they do something different with their cliffhanger, I think it would be a great idea. Otherwise, I don't want to spend 6 months waiting to find out that the villain's plan was foiled, some irrelivant alien was killed, and the good guys won.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                OK, I agree with Dani. I know I'm showing my age but IMO the 2 worst endings of shows ever were Quantam Leap (I would have preferred they killed Sam over leaving him in diner limbo...hey, that sounds familiar now that I think of it..) and Soap (half of the characters were about to be killed by the other half of the characters [if you guys don't know this show let me just say that Billy Crystal was the LEAST funny person on it, that's how funny it was]). So, no, if they don't absolutely know there will be an 11th season, PLEASE don't end it with a cliffhanger!!
                Oh, no. The ending for Quantum Leap was worse than that. There was an ending. He never came home. Ever. Still makes me mad.

Sorry. Any mention of Quantum Leap requires that I rant about Sam never coming home. Okay, back to the cliffhanger discussion.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Oh, no. The ending for Quantum Leap was worse than that. There was an ending. He never came home. Ever. Still makes me mad.

Sorry. Any mention of Quantum Leap requires that I rant about Sam never coming home. Okay, back to the cliffhanger discussion.
                  Wow. I so agree. I HATED this show's ending above almost any other show of all time.

They could have made it a cliffhanger...given us hope, a sense that maybe one day he'd return to his home and to his wife. But no...they set us up bigtime. His missions would get harder and harder and he NEVER returned home. I almost wept when I saw those words on the screen. Actually, after the shock wore off, I think I did cry a bit. Then I was angry and I've stayed angry to the point that I have a tough time even watching the re-runs on SciFi. I can handle a rough go for the characters as long as I have a sense that, in the grand scheme of things, it all works out in the end. The PTB from Quantum Leap cheated us of that and I sure hope that SG-1 doesn't do the same. My reaction would be much worse as I'm more invested as a fan in SG-1 than I ever was in QL.

And to the person who suggested either Sam or Teal'c should die, I personally would like to smack you repeatedly with a wet noodle (hey, I'm not a violent person). I wept bitterly with Meridian and with Heroes and frankly I don't think I could take losing another major character. I know we got Daniel back but still...I didn't know that at the time and it nearly killed me (metaphorically speaking of course).

So please PTB, I'm beggin' here. No more major character deaths unless they're the Daniel kind where they are resurrected.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yeah, for the sake of all my fond memories of these characters - characters I've LOVED - I hope they don't end on some kind of cliffhanger that implies a massive death of half the team. Cause I have an awful feeling Sam, Daniel and Teal'c would be in peril as they kept their options open for lightening their budget for S11.

I'd rather just see them head thru a gate on another "routine" mission to save the world, knowing they're always going to come back.

I think they were pretty confident they were going to get S10 and that's why they went ahead and wrote the S9 cliffhanger. But I sure hope they don't do that for the end of S10.

I'm glad I stopped watching Quantum Leap before the end - that sounds depressing as heck.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

After reading spoilers for the season's opener I'm going to say: YES!!!

Comment

Well I would hope that SG-1 takes a page from Law & Order and cycles thru the cast. Maybe in season 11 we have 2 new people, season 14 1 more new person and by season we would have a cast that doesn't have any of the origanal cast. It worked for Law & Order why can't it work for Stargate?

This icon makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                          Well I would hope that SG-1 takes a page from Law & Order and cycles thru the cast. Maybe in season 11 we have 2 new people, season 14 1 more new person and by season we would have a cast that doesn't have any of the origanal cast. It worked for Law & Order why can't it work for Stargate?
                          I REALLY hope that stargate does not take a page from Law and Order....a show such as this is more into the characters than the core concept. I think that when RDA left, it was a red flag that this show wont be around forever, and a lot of people on here might think this show will last 13 or 14 seasons....but I really hope it does not have a new team by then. I will say it again for the millionth time: I think this show will last 12 seasons.......a good 80 episodes of the "new show" (cam, lam, ori, landry, etc.) and that looks not as tacked on as 40 episodes of the "new show" (if it got cancelled after season 10) so 174 episodes of the gouald and 80 episodes of new character develpment and the Ori.

Comment

I disagree, I thing it would be a great ending lets say in 5-7 years to have the series finale to have an all new team go thru the gate and cut to the credits. seaQuest would of done well with all the cast changes if they didn't go all dumb and deal with space monsters.

Comment

i think they should end with a cliff hanger, even if there isnt another series afterwards they can use it to make a feature length film with both SG1 and atlantis coming to save the day against the obvious peril they are in for there to be a cliff hanger in the first place?! am i making sence!?

Comment

Sure they can alway make a movie or mini to finish the show
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X