SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Engineer
    Too early for him to do that in season 10. Maybe in season 12.
    I'd go for that. Mainly because that would mean we'd be getting a season 12.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd Like to see some past stories finished up
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
        i second that... but i have no idea which ones i would like to see wrapped up... but i am thinking 100 days but that will never happen now that RDA is not coming back at all...
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          Oh yeah. There are so many to choose from, too. Definitely something I'd love to see. For one, the aliens from "Foothold". That would be sweet.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Oh yeah. There are so many to choose from, too. Definitely something I'd love to see. For one, the aliens from "Foothold". That would be sweet.
            I'd forgotten about them. There's also the Re'tu (sp?). Didn't they want to get rid of all potential hosts? We never heard from them again either.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
              I'd forgotten about them. There's also the Re'tu (sp?). Didn't they want to get rid of all potential hosts? We never heard from them again either.
              Yes, indeed. And now they might want to get rid of all the potential worshippers.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Caylynn
                What I hope for in season 10:

CJ to write an episode or two (he is a very talented writer)
                More for Teal'c to do than just raise his eyebrow
                More scientist Sam and soldier Sam
                Daniel doing some real archaeology
                More emphasis on the TEAM (Cam, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c), team interaction, and the relationships among the members of the team
                Less Vala (or at least cover her up more - a woman doesn't have to dress like that to be attractive and sexy)
                More episodes with Bra'tac
                I'd like to see Ishta return (hopefully in an episode written by CJ!)
                One (and only one) funny episode with Felger and Coombs (especially Coombs!)

Not asking too much, am I?
                I like most of your list, but I have a few objections.
                Use Vala well: Don't hide her behind a tree or dangle her around in her underwear. Show how she enhances SG-1.

No Felger and Coombs. (Unless I can watch a wraith eat them)

Can we see a bit of Daniel's life please? What happened to Sara? He doesn't need a girlfriend necessarily, but does the man ever leave the base?

More Teal'c stuff that isn't Gerak related. I agree. What happened to Ishta? Does Teal'c have grandkids yet?

A use for Sam: I'm not seeing her contribution when fighting the Ori yet. (Yes, I'm ok if the answer includes Atlantis sometimes).

I'm enjoying the show currently, and I'm thrilled that it's back for another year. The writers have time to continue developing numerous ideas and characters.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I'd like to know how the space race aliens are, whats happening there. Ori gone and subjected them to long dull speeches of salvation yet? Have they visited Jonas's world? (Don't mind that one as I wasnt keen on Jonas.)

I've got to admit I'm looking forward to the 'contraversial Daniel story arc', I got a feeling it's linked to the baby somehow. *thinks*

As for Sam and SG1/SGA I dont mind. She's a scientest. One of the best so I kinda get it. Lam and Landry need a bit more opening up.

(sorry: havn't posted in ages so I'm getting it all out now.)

I'm liking Mitchell though: he seems ok so far

As for Vala becoming a regular: I don't mind. I like her: as for what she wears I dont mind. It's her choice, kinda like Teal'c walking around with his staff. (liking the transition from staff to P90....kinda echoes the show's transistion.)

I love the change! whaoo. Anyway: I have to admit I'd like a bit of explanation on the snakeheads on earth history. (there here: rebellion, they go, yet their still snakes around later on in life: aka - Sokar and medieval people.) Doesnt work. Anyone else?

Blitz
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    I love the change! whaoo. Anyway: I have to admit I'd like a bit of explanation on the snakeheads on earth history. (there here: rebellion, they go, yet their still snakes around later on in life: aka - Sokar and medieval people.) Doesnt work. Anyone else?
                    hmmm....
                    I liked Demons a lot. What I didn't like was that medieval people snatched by Sokar. There could be 2 explanations:
                    1) an incursion on Earth made by Sokar during the Middle Age, he took some people but something stopped him from taking anymore people or even claim Earth as his possession (the Ancients, Ra, a third party).
                    2) someone else took those people from Earth and relocated them on that planet as part of an experiment (biological, social or otherwise), they were forgotten or the experimenters died or run out of funds, and later Sokar came on that planet claimed as his own. (note: it might be realted to time travel experiments).
                    Maybe TPTB will address this issue in Season 10 (highly improbable).
                    School is overrated.

Comment

Yeah, it would have been nice if that stuff had been touched on a little more by tptb.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think there's a chance for a decent season 10 if TPTB get some new blood in the form of talented writers and start to focus more on the characters, their relationships and the team dynamic in general. Interesting plotlines are good and all but the characters are the heart and soul of this series. Even Vala (whom I've hated) could become tolerable if they tone her down and maybe focus on the more serious aspects of her person like her being a former host.
                        "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                        "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

There is so much potential for next season, I can barely contain myself. I do hope some old plotlines can be closed, and some new stand-alone adventures as well.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What can I say, we have pro's and anti's all excited or panicking or disencourage and encouraged because of last season and the spoilers being released.

But I am sure there are a bunch of us out there who are going to watch season 10 with an open mind, we aren't going to take the spoilers (or possibly even read the spoilers) one way or another.

So in other words, this is a thread for those people who are willing to watch the season unfold without an pre-concieved ideas as to how it is going to pan out.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty psyched about the first half of the season, but I'm going to try to avoid spoilers for the second half (try... but probably will fail). But for now, I'm neutral on the second half.

But really, isn't a neutral thread sort of pointless? Are we just supposed to say, "I will watch with an open mind, so I wonder what will happen and how it will happen - however, I cannot speculate, as I may then not have an open mind."

Comment

I'm in.

And when I see Stargate come July, all I know is I'll be going "Hello".

Comment

Working...
                                X