SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGator5
    There is no reason for any of these threads. These threads could have waited until March. This is mainly aimed at the "Anti" threads because there is currently no reason to be Anti-S10 when all of S9 hasn't even aired yet.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything...

There's glory in starting a thread? Do you get a crown? Do you get chocolate? If you get chocolate, I might very well get upset that someone else started a thread and stole my chocolate!!!! (I want a crown, too! A tiara, please!)

Why is it mostly aimed at anti threads? If there's no reason to be anti season 10, is there any reason to be pro season 10? But, I can think of a few reasons why anyone would be both. They like the way the current season is going, and want the greatness to continue. Or, they don't like the way it's going and want the horror to end. Interesting it falls on the anti side.

Right now, I can't say how I feel, because season 9 hasn't finished. But, that's me. Absolutley I feel someone else can speculate about season 10 right now.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I am really looking forward to season 10, whatever it brings. im a fan of stargate, do i disagree with them sometimes, of course i do (if some can remember my 'atlantis/aurora rampage a month or so back !), do i stop watching, no.
      The fact is that were all here fore stargate in some form. whetther its to ship or to discuss tech. If stargate end so will this forum most likely. IMO there should be no anti anythings but alas there will always be them somewhere, so to counter balence that i try to stay neurtally positive.
      Biggater5 your one of those people who doesnt use their imagination much, or that the impression ive gained from having arguments with you on oo i dunno 20 threads about basicly the same subject 'you cant say that, nobody knows that'....thing is im not here just to discuss what is known, i hardly ever post in the actual episode threads. ive accumilated 2000+ posts and id say a good 1500 of them are completely unrelated to actual Canon stargate, there my interpretations of what that canon stuff will lead to.
      The anti/pro/general S10 stuff is all part of that, i love it, it can get a bit heated but that just life. you dont need to go on a brusade against people discussing anything that isnt canon. alot of people do that when they come to gateworld, we a crazy bunch of people in general and it take a while to get used to us
      moral of the story, loosen up so we can jsut talk stargate; it doesnt have to come true for it to be fun, i have tons of fun even though 99.99999% of everything ive ever heard on GW in nearly a year has never came true.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

I had actually did want to start the S10 general discussion thread somewhere inbetween late-Jan and March, when we started getting episode titles in.

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it.
        I don't care who started it as long as I can post here.
        I tryed to start a S10 thread (I believe it was a week or so ago) but it got deleted because was too early. I do not see it too soon now. But until Jan-March many news might come about season 10, news that will have to be discussed.
        An come on! What shall we do until then? But speculate. No wrong can come from speculations of people who have no say (power) in TPTB's decisions. The show won't be cancelled because of some speculations made by people like me. Too early would have been before the news of Stargate's renewal. Now is more appropriate . Jan-March is too late .

People are already hating S10, because of speculations, rumors, and theories..
        I really don't care. All I care is about the quality of this show.

This is supposed to be a Stargate Fan site. Not a Anti-SG site.
        Agree to disagree ---> democracy. They have a right to be disapointed (understandable IMO) as much as you have (and I) to be pleased with what's on Stargate. Just because they don see our points of view doesn't make this Fan site an Anti-SG site.

Originally posted by SGVern
        TPTB apparently set up S9 as a season-long arc intentionally to show us the background of the Ori and how they interact with the galaxy and, ultimately, our heroes. Granted, there are mixed reviews, but that comes with introducing two new main characters and a new enemy.
        That was a bold decision , some people would get bored with this continuous arc with no standalones in between (so far SG-1 has had only 2 standalones), I hope beside the normal development of the Ori story TPTB come with some good standalones (hopefully more than S9).
        School is overrated.

Comment

People are already hating S10, because of speculations, rumors, and theories.

My suggestion for you would be to ignore this thread until late Jan. to mid Mar. when you were hoping to start it. Then you can enjoy the discussion on your terms.

If you do not appreciate the speculation, then you are definitely not forced to view it or participate in it.

Comment

I'm really hoping to see the return of three things in Season 10...

1) The Mayan gods (Quetzalcoatl et al) and Nick Ballard from Crystal Skull. They've got to be of some help against the Ori, right?

2) The Re'tu! You'd think they'd be happy that we pretty much offed the Go'auld. Have them join SG-1 to fight the new threat of the Ori.

3) Young Jack. RDA may be taking time off from acting, but I imagine that Michael Phelps (is that the right actor?) would be interested in more work now that his regular series (Joan of Arcadia) has been cancelled. His character should be out of high school by now. It would be awesome to see him (re)join the SGC as a recurring character. If you can't have real Jack, mini-Jack isn't such a bad substitute.
            And on that note, let's see Loki come back as a bad guy. We need more conflict among the Asgard now that the Replicators are toast.

Comment

People are already hating S10, because of speculations, rumors, and theories.

Man, you just keep on making friends don't you?

You say there's not enough info to speculate. I say there is.

We know that BB is going to be back as Mitchell. We know that CB is going to be back as Vala. We know that S9 is going to end with Vala pregnant and back at the SGC. We hear RCC talk ad nauseum about how great everything is and how wonderful BB and CB and their respective characters are and how refreshing S9 is. We have pretty good reason to suspect that AT's time as Sam is going to be divided between SG-1/Atlantis, which indicates to me that Sam's role on SG-1 is going to be reduced. We can also speculate that since Vala is back, then Daniel (if MS re-signs which I believe he will) will be front and center.

So here's the problem, I'm not all that impressed with Mitchell. He's not leader material imo. I don't really care for Vala, although I can take her in small doses. So far, S9 hasn't thrilled me. There have been a few decent eps here and there, but this is the first time I haven't been anxiously awaiting the re-runs so I could watch the ep again. Aside from Jack, Sam's my favorite character. I personally feel she should be leading SG-1. She has the rank and the experience, but that's apparently not going to happen. While I like Daniel, having him front and center isn't really what I want to see, especially not with Vala. As for CJ, his supposed important Jaffa storyline has yet to take front and center.

Maybe the second half of the season will inspire me and have me jumping for joy, but I have enough info to be very skeptical at this point. And if I want to be skeptical, then that's my right. I don't go into the pro S10 threads and tell them they have no right to speculate that S10 will be great, that they don't have enough info, etc. I stay out of the thread because I don't want to read post from "shiny happy people" about S10. But I do respect their right to be "shiny happy people" and happily leave them to it.

As for who starts a thread, big deal. I rarely pay attention to who starts a thread, unless of course it's someone who likes to antagonize people fromt the get go, and then I usually either stay far away from those threads or pop in to see just how much rope it takes for them to hang themselves.

My suggestion is that you leave "Now I Will Destroy Abydos" alone. He had every right to start the threads and you're complaining about it everywhere I look only serves to make you look childish and petulant. It's definitely not the way to make friends.

As for being a fan, I am a Stargate fan. I loved Season 1-5. I'm pretty fond of S6 and S7. Even liked most of S8. That doesn't mean that I have to gush and fawn and make like I'm happy with everything about it or where it seems to be heading. And if I don't talk about that with other Stargate fans, either those open to discussion or of like mind, who am I going to talk to it about?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Musnud
                3) Young Jack. RDA may be taking time off from acting, but I imagine that Michael Phelps (is that the right actor?) would be interested in more work now that his regular series (Joan of Arcadia) has been cancelled. His character should be out of high school by now. It would be awesome to see him (re)join the SGC as a recurring character. If you can't have real Jack, mini-Jack isn't such a bad substitute.
                I've read that RDA will be in 10x01 "No Hope", but it's not a certain thing (it comes from imdb), but who knows.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                  I've read that RDA will be in 10x01 "No Hope", but it's not a certain thing (it comes from imdb), but who knows.
                  yeah, Im pretty sure that is a joke.... as in there is "no hope" he will be in that ep. Anyone can post things to IMDB its not especially reliable... Although I did look something up today (but I already new the basic facts just couldnt think of the name so its not like I was depending on it as my single source of information )
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                    My suggestion is that you leave "Now I Will Destroy Abydos" alone. He had every right to start the threads and you're complaining about it everywhere I look only serves to make you look childish and petulant. It's definitely not the way to make friends.
                    I'm not here to make friends, but to talk about Stargate.

As for being a fan, I am a Stargate fan. I loved Season 1-5. I'm pretty fond of S6 and S7. Even liked most of S8. That doesn't mean that I have to gush and fawn and make like I'm happy with everything about it or where it seems to be heading. And if I don't talk about that with other Stargate fans, either those open to discussion or of like mind, who am I going to talk to it about?
                    Then you go off and talk about S1-S8 and leave the gushing to us S9 fans.

Comment

Ah. But if you keep acting the way you're acting no one will want to discuss Stargate with you either.

And I do leave the gushing to the S9 fans. That's why I stay out of their pro-S9 thread and the pro-S10 thread. Maybe you should do the same for the anti ones.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah. But if you keep acting the way you're acting no one will want to discuss Stargate with you either.

And I do leave the gushing to the S9 fans. That's why I stay out of their pro-S9 thread and the pro-S10 thread. Maybe you should do the same for the anti ones.
                        Why have "Anti" threads at all? You ask me not to be negative, yet you guys are the prime example of being negative.

You are also only telling TPTB that you still watched the show, adding to the ratings, and thus have no reason to change what they are doing. Maybe I should be thanking you guys for a season 10?

Comment

So you here to talk about Stargate? Then talk about Stargate, thats what the thread is for .

Ok, and I just want to understand the rules.... If I want to talk about S9, but maybe say something that would not be termed as "gushing", am I allowed to, or do I have to turn off my TV and not comment?

I want to talk about the Possibilities of Season 10!! OK so here we go.

It IS possible that SG-1 (Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c) will explore strange new worlds, seek out new life...yada, yada, yada.... Yes!! lets do this please, except through the Stargate.

It IS possible that the Ori are really not all that important after all and will only be one of many challanges that will face SG-1 (Mitchell, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c) as they explore the entire (and huge) galaxy.

Although I know the above are possible I fear that this may not be the case. So far from what I have read about the season finally of S9 I can extrapolate what I believe will be the season opener and this makes me sad.

Stargate is my favorite show and I have encouraged many, many people to watch it over the years... I tell everyone I meet, every conversation ends up relating to Stargate somehow (yes Im even more annoying in reality)so now, if the show stinks big time, I will have to feel guilty and apologize to all of those people for the crpyness and try to assure them that I truely do have good taste in Scifi and that they should watch some of the S1-S8 eps. So I got a personal stake in this.... really.. self estem.... you dont want to ruin my self estem do you TPTB?!?!?! .... (man I need to eat less sugar during the day)
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Why have "Anti" threads at all? You ask me not to be negative, yet you guys are the prime example of being negative.

You are also only telling TPTB that you still watched the show, adding to the ratings, and thus have no reason to change what they are doing. Maybe I should be thanking you guys for a season 10?
                            You're welcome.

An anti thread is just what it says. It's for those who are against certain or all aspects of a particular thing. Sometimes I just wanna say, I'm mad, or upset or concerned and want to have my feelings validated. That's when I go into an anti thread.

Sometimes I want to say, I like it, I love it, I want some more of it, and have my feelings validated.

Then other times I want to express my feelings pro/anti and yet see what other people have to say and whether or not what they have to say changes or reinforces my opinion. Then I go into a general discussion thread.

I really don't see what you're problem is, other than that you didn't get to start the threads. They all have a place and each poster can choose to read or post in or completely ignore any of them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why have anti threads? Simple. People who are anti something want to get together and talk about it. And, since people who aren't "Rah rah! Stargate rulez and will always rule and there is never anything wrong with it" get shouted down, told to shut up, told they shouldn't post if they post in a general discussion thread, they start their own threads. Which you would think would make everyone happy, since they're off to their own corner, but I guess not.

What does an anti thread hurt? But, it doesn't matter, because unless things change, the mods will allow anti threads.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I really don't see what you're problem is, other than that you didn't get to start the threads. They all have a place and each poster can choose to read or post in or completely ignore any of them.
                                Let me rephase what I ment: I have issue with him starting every single one of these threads and then displaying them in his signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X