Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
    LOL!

Somehow, though, this couch seems more... fitting...
    http://revjim.net/2006/06/02/free-or-best-offer/
    (and I'm *not* flaming this thread... I'm actually spending more time lurking here (and agreeing) than on most other threads)
    Oh that's the one left over from season 9, poundpuppy brought us a new one, I'm sure we'll have enough room for you on it
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Excellent examples. I refuse to watch PU again--it's an embarrassment, IMHO.

And in Insiders the whole thing seems to be set up so that
      Spoiler:
      there could be a shootout at the end. Now Sam did give the alert & she did slow the download to buy time, but in the past we would have seen her do more. Sam locked in a storage room and she just sits there? come on. At least they put her in a room that looked like a file room, so we could see there wasn't much for her to work with. But this is the same woman who *made* a radio out of an internal com system & stray parts in Prometheus. And don't get me started on the de-clawing of Baal.
      i wouldn't say that he was declawed...i'd use another term...same principal, different, ahem, body part.

ba'al went from credible and ominous villian to campy joke thanks to coop
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        where's the popcorn? We need food and booze!
        Lots of booze!
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          Lots of booze!
          Lots and lots of booze!
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            How can we flame you for bringing us furniture Now we just have to worry about who's sitting on who's lap
            I claim Mandy's lap!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
              Lots and lots of booze!
              Yes, booze is necessary for watching the last two seasons.

My LJ

Comment

I am watching the real last two eps.
                Mobieus where the real SG Universe dies and the AU is created.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                  Anyway, I think it's terrible that the writers announced in the first ep of S9 that Mitchell was there to lead SG-1, and then they backed off for some reason and resisted showing him as a leader, without saying anything different on screen. It made Mitchell look weaker and it didn't do Carter any favors either.
                  I have to agree with this. They botched the whole thing by making them equal rank. I don't think there would have been much controversy if they'd either brought him in as a full-bird Colonel or a Major.

I think the solution would be to make Mitchell either a colonel or talk about his time in grade. Also, I think they needed to actually talk about the leadership issue on screen in a more definitive way -- before Uninvited.
                  At equal rank, even with time in grade, you would still have had people arguing against his leadership qualifications over Sam's given the crappy background they gave him (myself included). Now if they'd given him some experience going through the gate... I might have bought it. Without that experience though, no way. It just didn't make sense to me.

My LJ

Comment

major mitchell, bright eyed and bushy tailed could have been great. his youth could have explained his exhuberance and inexperience in touching stuff

or colonelmitchell, slightly bitter survivor clawing his way back from a bad injury and finding new enthusiasm in the stargate could also have been great

although, for the colonel part they would have to make mitch older than ben and avoid hte pitfall of mimicking jack and his suicidal attitude, but with a little skill it oculd have worked

although i am partial to major mitchell...because so much of the seasons coujld have stayed the same. mitch could have even been written as he was, they'd just call him major and he'd have to answer to sam is all
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i wouldn't say that he was declawed...i'd use another term...same principal, different, ahem, body part.

ba'al went from credible and ominous villian to campy joke thanks to coop
                      As Jack would say:
                      Snippedy-do-da!

suse
                      Who knew Seattle would be an internet abyss? (for me)
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        major mitchell, bright eyed and bushy tailed could have been great. his youth could have explained his exhuberance and inexperience in touching stuff

or colonelmitchell, slightly bitter survivor clawing his way back from a bad injury and finding new enthusiasm in the stargate could also have been great

although, for the colonel part they would have to make mitch older than ben and avoid hte pitfall of mimicking jack and his suicidal attitude, but with a little skill it oculd have worked

although i am partial to major mitchell...because so much of the seasons coujld have stayed the same. mitch could have even been written as he was, they'd just call him major and he'd have to answer to sam is all
                        Actually, I ithnk Ben is old enough to play a full-bird Colonel. If AT can, so can he as he's older than she is by a few years.
                        The lead male action hero answering to a *woman*? Are you *mad*??!?? Not in this universe. But I suppose this universe is different from SGAs. We'll see. on the reasons why...

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Tonight is Unending, the last SG-1 ep and I actually don't really care. I have been watching Sg-1 since it first aired on Showtime and I can't believe I feel this away. I feel so indifferent.

What bothers me is that my indifference has carried over to S1 - S8. Watching the last 2 years has really tainted my view of the series.
                          Last edited by Rogue; 22 June 2007, 05:24 AM.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Tonight is Unending, the last SG-1 ep and I actually don't really care. I have been watching Sg-1 since it first aired on Showtime and I can't believe I feel this away. I feel so indifferent.
                            I don't think of tonights ep as the last ep of SG-1. It's the last ep of Stargate Command and thank God for that. A true blessing!

SG-1's last ep was the end of season 8.

Now, I'm free to gripe about Atlantis in season 4---becuase--MM and JM will surely run that into the ground. As writers they are good. But, there is a reason the not all writers can be show runners and producers. Stargate Command is a good example as to why.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

What bothers me is that my indifference has carried over to S1 - S8. Watching the last 2 years has really tainted my view of the series.
                              I was really sad
                              Spoiler:

1. They killed off the Asguards (and it was a meaningless death to boot...)
                              2. Jack wasn't even mentioned at all...

Strange I don't feel any urge to re-watch it ever again...

Comment

I'm the opposite. Watching S1-8 is like a breath of fresh air; a time when the episodes were good. Most of those episodes I will watch over and over and over. I have the complete set of SG-1. I won't be ordering Stargate Command.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X