Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
    don't be silly. that's atlas.
    I thought that Atlas was holding up the sky. Is Mitchell in charge of the sky now?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      I thought that Atlas was holding up the sky. Is Mitchell in charge of the sky now?
      ...what's the difference again?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
        ...what's the difference again?
        Didn't Atlas have more than two brain cells to rub together?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

Atlas hold the weight of the world on his shoulders.

mitchell holds the bag.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Atlas hold the weight of the world on his shoulders.
            I think he does both - I've heard both stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              mitchell holds the bag.
              Someone has to carry the sandwiches.

Comment

If you are going to homage someone at least make it a good homage.

When the Vorlons realized "their time had come" they packed up and went "beyond the rim". Knowing humanity was no where near ready or responsible enough to have their tech they left it behind but left it protected for future more advanced humans.

In stargate
                Spoiler:
                the asgard blow themselves up and give everything they have now to the humans. The same humans who had people among them that would steal from the asgard. The same humans who had people among them that used chemical weapons on their own Allies. The same humans who have slimy power hungry politicians who the asgard had to pretty much blackmail into not getting control of the gate. The same humans who have theif\slavers on their flagship team.

Now the asgard are gone wont the Chinese and French and slimy politicians now take control of the stargate and the asgard fleet? In that Stargate universe people should be afraid, very very very afraid. Because just like they do whatever the hell they want with the people in the Pegasus galaxy they will now do in the Milkyway. They ARE the AU SG teams that screw over the universe.

Thankfully in my cannon the asgard are still alive and wise enough not to give over their tech even though they have the comforting knownledge of the true SG-1 exploring the galaxy.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

He holds up the heavens, but since these were shown as a celestial sphere it's often replaced by a globe (not least on early versions of the books that bear his name).
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I have to say - I am absolutely livid that they have
                    Spoiler:
                    done away with the Asgard by having them commit mass suicide. How utterly irresponsible of the writers and producers. Suicide is not something to be admired. Suicide is not honorable. Suicide is a permanent "solution" to a temporary problem. Didn't anybody think how this might influence the younger viewers??? Having the advanced, high-tech race commit suicide as the only answer? How did they ever let that go on the air? I am not going to let my kids watch it. And I guess that does it for the movies, too.

This is beyond just sticking it to the fans. This is negligence at best, and a crime at worst.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 15 March 2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Well from previous eps it seems that TPTB think its OK for our "heroes" to commit genocide and they seem to indicate that slavery, date rape, attempted murder, and general lying, thieving and sexual harassment are all funny so what did you expect?
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by g8tr View Post
                        I have to say - I am absolutely livid that they
                        Spoiler:
                        have done away with the Asgard by having them commit mass suicide. How utterly irresponsible of the writers and producers. Suicide is not something to be admired. Suicide is not honorable. Suicide is a permanent "solution" to a temporary problem. Didn't anybody think how this might influence the younger viewers??? Having the advanced, high-tech race commit suicide as the only answer? How did they ever let that go on the air? I am not going to let my kids watch it. And I guess that does it for the movies, too.

This is beyond just sticking it to the fans. This is negligence at best, and a crime at worst.
                        Ah g8tr we still need spoiler tags in this thread Not everyone has seen the episode
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

there was an airplane in WWII, the Mitchell Bomber

I'm kinda trying to think up a metaphore for the show bombing and Mitch.....nah, i gotta be fair. Mitch isn't bad, he's just written that way. There's only so much Ben can do with the comic book hero he was given
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'm kinda trying to think up a metaphore for the show bombing and Mitch.....nah, i gotta be fair. Mitch isn't bad, he's just written that way. There's only so much Ben can do with the comic book hero he was given
                            And yet what did they have him doing in Unending

Spoiler:
                            Mostly running around the ship, doing nothing. Which only proves what a useless character Cam was. Why they even had to prove his usefulness by having him repeat that line..yet again
                            won't repeat the line, don't want to get sick again
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

The B-25 Mitchell was a kick butt plane.

here's a link if interested:
                              http://www.warbirdalley.com/b25.htm

Here is the plane that best describes The Mitchell SG-1 Bomber:

http://www.warbirdalley.com/l3.htm

cute--but useless in a battle.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                And yet what did they have him doing in Unending

Spoiler:
                                Mostly running around the ship, doing nothing. Which only proves what a useless character Cam was. Why they even had to prove his usefulness by having him repeat that line..yet again
                                won't repeat the line, don't want to get sick again
                                Spoiler:
                                I thought that it was kind of amusing, in an extremely pathetic way, how they tried to validate Mitchell's existence by having him come up with the power source - come on, guys, Sam's just figured out how to travel back through time. You really expect me to believe that she wouldn't have spotted the Ori blast as a potential power source without assistance?

Comment

Working...
                                X