X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Here's a question concerning the second movie and Vala

Spoiler:
    In the second movie, they are gathered together for Ba'al's execution. Now if they are able to hold Ba'al accountable for execution, why don't they hold Vala accountable for what she's done? She wasn't a Goa'uld when she stole the Prommie and left everyone to die
    Spoiler:
    How can they execute Ba'al at all? Whatever the symbiote did, the host is innocent.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      Spoiler:
      How can they execute Ba'al at all? Whatever the symbiote did, the host is innocent.
      Spoiler:
      MEGA PLOT HOLE and by the way which Ba'al are they executing
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
        so, without spoiling myself to the movies, may i assume they're rather swiss-cheesy? that's alright, just gotta make sure you serve it with some* wine and chocolate.

*term used loosely.

I think you might need something stronger than just wine for these. I would go with--Jello shots and and hot chili with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.

Hot peppers do something similar to choclate in your brain--but more intense.

For people like me who just can't drink anymore:

Box of Godiva--whole box--biggest one you can find!

and coffee--maybe add in some bagles with cream cheese and strawberry topping.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Agreed! I really don't plan on buying these movies. If Skiffy picks them up as a speacial I might watch them.
          Yes, I thought they were movies for SciFi channel. I'm not paying $ for a Vaniel/Ori movie. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Spoiler:
            MEGA PLOT HOLE and by the way which Ba'al are they executing
            More plot holes that you can shake a stick at in the synopsis alone. I'm tempted to see the movie just so I can make it into a game and see who can find the most holes.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Yes, I thought they were movies for SciFi channel. I'm not paying $ for a Vaniel/Ori movie. Bleh.
              I bet they would be in the local library in no time--I could just borrow one if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                Baal has helped the SGC just as much as Vala.
                Baal has sexually harassed a member of the SGC as much as Vala....ok maybe not that much.

The only difference between Baal and Vala is that he didn’t magically turn into a 6 year old pining after one of the SGC manly men (bwahahahaha...neither of them are particularly manly but I always laugh when I see "Jackson’s" superman pose in the adds).

TPTB decided to make Vala a good guy even if it doesn’t fit with the history they gave her of using and abusing people. SHE FREAKING WILLINGLY ENSLAVED PEOPLE....am I the only one disturbed but that? Why am I the only one disturbed by that? That is 5000000000 times worse then what that stupid Luscious guy did on Atlantis and there are tons of people who are disturbed by that. SLAVERY = WORST THING ONE HUMAN CAN DO TO ANOTHER HUMAN. Attempted murder = 2nd worst (ok actual murder is 2nd worst....but this is an attempt at the 2nd worst). Theft, playing people for fools and stealing from them are also up there. It is not funny. There is no redeeming quality in it. AND not only did TPTB make this her history, she made her remorseless. She didn’t care that she enslaved those people, she just cared about stealing more from them and then about escaping her execution. Helping after the Ori made them sick doesn’t make her a hero it just proves that she has some small amount of humanity that most criminals have. Just because someone helps out in a natural disaster doesn’t suddenly erase all their sins especially when they aren’t even freaking sorry for them.

I am so sick of the free pass Vala got and comparing her to Teal'c. Shame on you "Jackson". I miss Daniel. Shame on you Sam for becoming such a wimp. Shame on you Teal'c for regressing to preseason one. SHAME ON YOU TPTB for destroying this show. Now you killed it so would you please just let it rest in peace.

....uh good morning..... off to the RAGE thread I go....
                As much as I don't want it to be the Vala show, I agree that they totally dropped the ball on addressing her criminal past--
                Spoiler:
                that she continued to steal & rule as Quetesh and keep people mining naquadah (and probably dying while doing it) even after the symbiote got killed. So the people beat her up and didn't understand that Vala wasn't Quetesh. That's too bad. But the "I suffered so anything I did later is ok" defense, doesn't wash with me. She made a choice. And didn't she leave the Prometheus crew to die in PU? Not sure as I've tried to forget that episode. They really didn't think out the idea of redeeming Vala, they just sort of *declared* her "cured" or something. And I don't think comparing her with Teal'c was the same thing at all. Teal'c was enslaved, but he eventually made the choice to rebel. And they addressed that he had done horrible things as First Prime & he acknowledged it too. And they talked about it in terms of war crimes. Cor-ai?
                But that was before it was fun, fun, fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Have you taken a look at the poll about who you'd like to see in a new series (character)? Just now Jack was leading with 34%...poor Vala, just 9% of respondents were interested in her.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/
                  Guess that answers the question of who was important for 8 years....
                  I wonder what the results would look like if Jack wasn't apart of the poll. I say this only because he was the lead of SG1 and moved on. If RDA did another series my guess it would be as a recurring character so that he could spend as much time as possible with his kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros View Post
                    I wonder what the results would look like if Jack wasn't apart of the poll. I say this only because he was the lead of SG1 and moved on. If RDA did another series my guess it would be as a recurring character so that he could spend as much time as possible with his kid.

I was wondering that too. RDA has moved on and out of the current cast I would say, Daniel with Sam would be two best choices.

The only addressing they did for Vala and her past crimes was the brief two second discussion between Daniel and Landry. They never addressed it there either. Just had Daniel begging for Landry to give her a chance.

For the most part, what little effort was done to address Vala's past was half baked and made into a Vala joke. It was never done in a serious note.

I think they should have gigen CB a different character instead of resurrecting Vala. She could have been a formor Tok'ra or human slave to the Goa'uld. They could have made her into anything--this actress can act.

I would have rather they brought CB in as a regular airforce or perhaps another acheologist who was supposed to replace Daniel. That would have made more sense as to Daniel and CB finding the Bori.

I think CB would have been far more accepted if she was brought in as a professional--archeololgist--Daniel's replacement. Promise her Daniel's spot on SG-1. Have CB play a really smart woman who was a tade dopey and accidently have her put the Jaffa bracelet on Daniel. Thus Daniel missed his flight to SGA and they go find the Bori from there. Sorry--I'm making up a plot again. I would rather see Daniel shipped with a goofy professional than a ex-con any day.

Comment

I think they should have gigen CB a different character instead of resurrecting Vala. She could have been a formor Tok'ra or human slave to the Goa'uld. They could have made her into anything--this actress can act.

I would have rather they brought CB in as a regular airforce or perhaps another acheologist who was supposed to replace Daniel. That would have made more sense as to Daniel and CB finding the Bori.

I think CB would have been far more accepted if she was brought in as a professional--archeololgist--Daniel's replacement. Promise her Daniel's spot on SG-1. Have CB play a really smart woman who was a tade dopey and accidently have her put the Jaffa bracelet on Daniel. Thus Daniel missed his flight to SGA and they go find the Bori from there. Sorry--I'm making up a plot again. I would rather see Daniel shipped with a goofy professional than a ex-con any day.
                      That would have been great to see. If they were afraid of the audience being confused by the actresses second appearance on the show, but as a new character, I'm sure they could have done something cosmetic to change her appearance a little. Like have her wear a blond wig and glasses.

I would have liked to see Daniel in charge of the SGC. Especially with the military threat having disapeared. It would have worked political wonders to use him since he was a civilian.

Comment

That would have been great to see. If they were afraid of the audience being confused by the actresses second appearance on the show, but as a new character, I'm sure they could have done something cosmetic to change her appearance a little. Like have her wear a blond wig and glasses.

I would have liked to see Daniel in charge of the SGC. Especially with the military threat having disapeared. It would have worked political wonders to use him since he was a civilian.
                        All they needed to do to CB appearance was tuen her into a big nerd. Put the hair up and get the thickest black rimmed "harry Potter glasses" they could find. Remove any make-up (just use lighting make up) and place her in the ugliest outfit there was. Plaid pants and a stripped shirt.

I would have LOVED to have seen CB dressed as a HUGE NERD. Can you imagine how much more fun they could of had with that? They could have made her as annoying as URKLE and fans would have LOVED it.

Biggest mistake was having CB play Vala again. If they brought her in as another character--most people would have forgotten all about, VALA.

PS-I really like the Daniel idea. I think this would make a good premise for a fic. Just have to come up with a name for CB's unrealized character.

Comment

Originally Posted by AGateFan
                          The only difference between Baal and Vala is that he didn’t magically turn into a 6 year old pining after one of the SGC manly men (bwahahahaha...neither of them are particularly manly but I always laugh when I see "Jackson’s" superman pose in the adds).

TPTB decided to make Vala a good guy even if it doesn’t fit with the history they gave her of using and abusing people. SHE FREAKING WILLINGLY ENSLAVED PEOPLE....am I the only one disturbed but that? Why am I the only one disturbed by that? That is 5000000000 times worse then what that stupid Luscious guy did on Atlantis and there are tons of people who are disturbed by that. SLAVERY = WORST THING ONE HUMAN CAN DO TO ANOTHER HUMAN. Attempted murder = 2nd worst (ok actual murder is 2nd worst....but this is an attempt at the 2nd worst). Theft, playing people for fools and stealing from them are also up there. It is not funny. There is no redeeming quality in it. AND not only did TPTB make this her history, she made her remorseless. She didn’t care that she enslaved those people, she just cared about stealing more from them and then about escaping her execution. Helping after the Ori made them sick doesn’t make her a hero it just proves that she has some small amount of humanity that most criminals have. Just because someone helps out in a natural disaster doesn’t suddenly erase all their sins especially when they aren’t even freaking sorry for them.
                          See, when I wrote that I like Vala better know I had blocked that she was a slaver. Oops. Thanks AGateFan.

Again with the Vala/Baal comparisons! LOL!

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

All they needed to do to CB appearance was tuen her into a big nerd. Put the hair up and get the thickest black rimmed "harry Potter glasses" they could find. Remove any make-up (just use lighting make up) and place her in the ugliest outfit there was. Plaid pants and a stripped shirt.

I would have LOVED to have seen CB dressed as a HUGE NERD. Can you imagine how much more fun they could of had with that? They could have made her as annoying as URKLE and fans would have LOVED it.

Biggest mistake was having CB play Vala again. If they brought her in as another character--most people would have forgotten all about, VALA.

PS-I really like the Daniel idea. I think this would make a good premise for a fic. Just have to come up with a name for CB's unrealized character.

Awe! That's something else I would have actually paid to see. That would have been great. I could picture them opening up a scene with Claudia looking in the bathroom mirror trying to put on clear chap stick. Or her being off world and getting a bloody nose because the air was too dry. Happens to me all the time.

Let's see names...
                            Off the top of my head:
                            Martha Matthews
                            Penelope York
                            Barbara Bennett
                            Nora Clementine
                            Chastity Stevenson
                            Deloris Fugal

Names from 20000-names.com (I tried to look at actual means behind the names for these. Example: Alene can mean both rival and bird. Rival to Danny )

Agatha
                            Agnus
                            Alene
                            Allison
                            Annabel
                            Bertha
                            Blanche
                            Cacia
                            Charity....

Just to name a few. I love making up characters. Sorry for getting a bit carried away.

Comment

Awe! That's something else I would have actually paid to see. That would have been great. I could picture them opening up a scene with Claudia looking in the bathroom mirror trying to put on clear chap stick. Or her being off world and getting a bloody nose because the air was too dry. Happens to me all the time.

Let's see names...
                              Off the top of my head:
                              Martha Matthews
                              Penelope York
                              Barbara Bennett
                              Nora Clementine
                              Chastity Stevenson
                              Deloris Fugal

Names from 20000-names.com (I tried to look at actual means behind the names for these. Example: Alene can mean both rival and bird. Rival to Danny )

Agatha
                              Agnus
                              Alene
                              Allison
                              Annabel
                              Bertha
                              Blanche
                              Cacia
                              Charity....

Just to name a few. I love making up characters. Sorry for getting a bit carried away.

The bathroom scene would be great--but nreds use FLAVORED chapstick. Thus she scrounges through her over size purse and find that her chap stick has the end chewed off by her poodle at home.

She would have to use wads of tiolet paper for the bloody nose--forget that nostrial has a wad of paper sticking out.

Daniel has allergies and I bet the poodle would be like her baby. That would be halrious to have her showing everyone pics of her dog, Agatha. The high maintence dog that is a diabetic and needs her insulin.

Daniel is so non nerdy now that nerd would be great with him.

Names:

Norma Roberts--famous romance novelist
                              Mitchelle Shanks--play on micheal shanks name.
                              Ricky Anderson--sorry RDA--I kind of like Ricky the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Have you taken a look at the poll about who you'd like to see in a new series (character)? Just now Jack was leading with 34%...poor Vala, just 9% of respondents were interested in her.
                                http://www.gateworld.net/
                                Guess that answers the question of who was important for 8 years....
                                Apparently, neither the authors of the poll nor the fans voting have figured out that the third series will likely have none of the current or former castmembers.

If anyone actually believes that this new series will have RDA or any of the existing castmembers as the star, I sense disappointment ahead for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X