No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some movies I watch specifically to heckle. I'm strange that way. But I never thought one of them would be Stargate.

Comment

it just fits my definition of 'bad' and cliche so well that all you can do is laugh at it...cause it's not worth getting mad over
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Just came back from the theater, saw the new Indy film.

Indiana Jones could have done a stargate movie and made it great. I was clapping in the theater...haven't cheered in a movie in ages.

Indy's rocket test launcher ride was hilarious and the movie just kept going. Paced right along, lots and lots of classic Indiana Jones actions and wise cracks.

Does a nice little fill in one what Indy did during ww2 (he was a colonel and worked OSS...hehe) and his sidekick was great too.

There is a "snake scene" in this film that had me ROFLMAO.

By the end of the film, I could envision Indy doing a stargate film. If Lucas and Spielberg got the rights to stargate or became tptb...they could elevate it from gutter and back into major motion picture...lol.

The last film is not as good as Raiders over all but it blew Ark of Barf right off the surface of the planet.

I enjoyed the new Indy movie. It wasn't fantastic but it was entertaining. I also found it refreshing that the sixty-ish yr old hero didn't have a twenty-ish yr old, big boobed woman hanging all over him.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          I enjoyed the new Indy movie. It wasn't fantastic but it was entertaining. I also found it refreshing that the sixty-ish yr old hero didn't have a twenty-ish yr old, big boobed woman hanging all over him.
          ssst don't give'em ideas for Indy5

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            ssst don't give'em ideas for Indy5
            I dont think it will happen. They were rounding out the Indy story.
            And that was one of the good things, no bimbos.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              Yep, no big busted women hanging off of him. When he finally meet up with Marion they started fighting first thing. Still love Karen Allen...wished she was in more of the movie.

Indy's excuse for calling off their engagement a week before the wedding was along the lines of..."I realized I could never win a fight." LOL.

Yep, HF carried the movie and made it fun to watch. The plot was predictable, some holes in it but HF did a great job.

tptb didn't make the movie for the money. They weren't gonna make another after Last Crusade. They made it cause they wanted to make an enjoyable movie. tptb knew the Indiana brand name would carry the sales.

I don't think tptb could ever make an Indy sequel that could top Raiders. But they still are fun to watch.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

IIRC, harrison ford has been approached countless times about a new indy movie, he always said 'when/if they write a story i like, i'll consider it, but i'm not going to do it for the sake of doing it'

which i interpret as 'if i'm doing it, it's gonna be good, i'm not gonna 'ruin' the franchise by milking it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  IIRC, harrison ford has been approached countless times about a new indy movie, he always said 'when/if they write a story i like, i'll consider it, but i'm not going to do it for the sake of doing it'

which i interpret as 'if i'm doing it, it's gonna be good, i'm not gonna 'ruin' the franchise by milking it
                  How is it that you can always take a full length post and make it shorter and more to the point?

Dang you're good!
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

*sigh*, If only other people would take that advice...
                    sigpic

Comment

i enjoyed it the most under the influence of alcohol

i think, for some of us, it's a prime candidate for MST3K
                      I did that for over 1/2 of Cam-a-lot. As a running dialogue. The got a pgone call and turned it off to talk. And never turned it back on. That's how intersting it was.

I'd have to own/rent it to do MST3K it. No thanks. Would have been fun at AT3 if we'd have had the equiptment. Oh well...

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        it took well into the season before we saw that sparkle again. Part of it was that they put her into a bureaucratic position & they already had a scientist who is *almost* as smart as Sam so they couldn't have her taking over in that department. I still think they could have found a way to make better use of her and have SAm be Sam. Maybe they were out of practice writing for Sam after S9 & 10 when she was sidelined so much.
                        And several of the writers had been hired for SGA and hadn't really dealt with the character. Add that to no one wanting Sam to step on anyone's toes... <<sigh>>.

It's still hard to believe that she was written better (imo) in a few later eps of SGA S4 than she was in the show where she was female lead. Not that she really was in more than name. If that.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          And several of the writers had been hired for SGA and hadn't really dealt with the character. Add that to no one wanting Sam to step on anyone's toes... <<sigh>>.

It's still hard to believe that she was written better (imo) in a few later eps of SGA S4 than she was in the show where she was female lead. Not that she really was in more than name. If that.

suse
                          She was actually the female lead in both shows albeit in name rather than screentime
                          sigpic

Comment

well, prior to s9 she was the unchallenged female lead in a hit show for 8 years.

and i'll be nice and keep my comments about s9-10 to myself

sigpic

Comment

In an anti S10 thread? Yikes.
                              Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                              http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

well, prior to s9 she was the unchallenged female lead in a hit show for 8 years.

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                                In an anti S10 thread? Yikes.
                                Poor Sky, she has to mod herself

Comment

Working...
                                X