Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    what a waste of Claudia Black, imho.
    Agreed. They should have just brought over Aeryn Sun. That ninth chevron has to have some use, eh?
    Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

I know--it was painful to watch.

LOL. Yeah, the *idea* of what Vala *could have been* is a lot more appealing than what she actually was. Though to me bringing over the character from that S8 episode--which I only know as PU (holds nose), and intend never to watch again--was ridiculous. Judgment impaired by hormones is my guess.
      what a waste of Claudia Black, imho.
      total waste of talent and then just cb's.

Look at the general...Landry. B. Bridges can act wonders but they placed him in this putz role. I expected Landry to rival Hammond when I heard BB was cast. But instead...the actor's talent was never utilized. They gave him absolute crap lines, no direction and this daddy/daughter story with no bearing to the plot of the show.

What a waste of an actor's talent. Bridges could have been cast as the leader of the ori in this series due to the lack of enthusiasm to Landry as a whole.

Of course, tptb could have taken advantage of the situation and wrote an episode for Jeff Bridges to guest star in too. Starman meets Stargate would have been great. lol.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
        Agreed. They should have just brought over Aeryn Sun. That ninth chevron has to have some use, eh?
        rygel meets thor...D'Ago meets Teal'c. Blue chick mmets sam...yep, that would be an interesting cross over.

Though I bet Rygel could give Daniel the runaround better than Vala ever did.

Comment

That's not quite what I meant... but it's hard to argue with the idea of a crossover. ;D

I was thinking more of just bringing over the Sun character (or channeling her spirit into a new character, whatever); she'd be a better fit in the 'Gate universe, and it would have meant more respect and better acting for CB.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            total waste of talent and then just cb's.

Look at the general...Landry. B. Bridges can act wonders but they placed him in this putz role. I expected Landry to rival Hammond when I heard BB was cast. But instead...the actor's talent was never utilized. They gave him absolute crap lines, no direction and this daddy/daughter story with no bearing to the plot of the show.

What a waste of an actor's talent. Bridges could have been cast as the leader of the ori in this series due to the lack of enthusiasm to Landry as a whole.

Of course, tptb could have taken advantage of the situation and wrote an episode for Jeff Bridges to guest star in too. Starman meets Stargate would have been great. lol.
            After RDA left, they did need a big name to replace him, IMO that should have Beau B. He was the biggest name on the show, he was given the role of the general of the base, which RDA's character was. Now if they had realized that Beau could have been the big name draw and left SG1 as it was, we may have gotten good season's in 9 &10. If they thought they needed a 4th member of SG1 it would have been better to cast a new actor that wouldn't take over the show, but would be written to fit in. AT, MS and CJ had worked hard and were known well enough in the Stargate world to carry on the show.

It seems the 'new life' that Vala and Mitchell blew into the show, blew the candle out. TPTB seemed to forget the cardinal rules, keep your characters in character and remember your show's canon...oh yea and that big round thing that spins
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
              That's not quite what I meant... but it's hard to argue with the idea of a crossover. ;D

I was thinking more of just bringing over the Sun character (or channeling her spirit into a new character, whatever); she'd be a better fit in the 'Gate universe, and it would have meant more respect and better acting for CB.
              I know what you meant...when I heard cb was coming to the show I immediately thought of a Ayren Sun type character that would just rock. Instead we got a character that is a cross between dorothy gale and debbie does dallas.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              After RDA left, they did need a big name to replace him, IMO that should have Beau B. He was the biggest name on the show, he was given the role of the general of the base, which RDA's character was. Now if they had realized that Beau could have been the big name draw and left SG1 as it was, we may have gotten good season's in 9 &10. If they thought they needed a 4th member of SG1 it would have been better to cast a new actor that wouldn't take over the show, but would be written to fit in. AT, MS and CJ had worked hard and were known well enough in the Stargate world to carry on the show.

It seems the 'new life' that Vala and Mitchell blew into the show, blew the candle out. TPTB seemed to forget the cardinal rules, keep your characters in character and remember your show's canon...oh yea and that big round thing that spins
              True, B Bridges could have done for that show than anyone else if he was given good material. Granted AT was out for the first 6 eps of season 9 so there would have to be some working around that but it could have been done and with style.

Instead of having the "Vaniel comedy hour" we could have had a serious and well thought out show where Sam went missing. Mitchell could have been called in to help Teal'c and Daniel find her.

There could have been a much better reason for Jack not to be in the series...promotion to major general in one year flies in the face of time frame for such a promotion.

I would have rather they had Jack and Sam both missing the first six eps, a "quest" to find them. Have ep six return Sam to duty and Jack officially retires or actually killed off from the show.

I would have liked to have seen an actual send off ep for Jack which would explain why Bowder stays on and whey Landry continues as the general rather than..."let's have mitchell the boy wonder get the 'band back together' and bring on a big hollywood name for the new general."
              I mean, daniel had a send off ep with a transition to Jonas...RDA got squat!

IMO, TPTB relied too much on fan following and not enough on common sense.

Comment

He got a chess game with Beau. That's gotta be worth something.

sigpic

Comment

I know what you meant...when I heard cb was coming to the show I immediately thought of a Ayren Sun type character that would just rock. Instead we got a character that is a cross between dorothy gale and debbie does dallas.

True, B Bridges could have done for that show than anyone else if he was given good material. Granted AT was out for the first 6 eps of season 9 so there would have to be some working around that but it could have been done and with style.

Instead of having the "Vaniel comedy hour" we could have had a serious and well thought out show where Sam went missing. Mitchell could have been called in to help Teal'c and Daniel find her.

There could have been a much better reason for Jack not to be in the series...promotion to major general in one year flies in the face of time frame for such a promotion.

I would have rather they had Jack and Sam both missing the first six eps, a "quest" to find them. Have ep six return Sam to duty and Jack officially retires or actually killed off from the show.

I would have liked to have seen an actual send off ep for Jack which would explain why Bowder stays on and whey Landry continues as the general rather than..."let's have mitchell the boy wonder get the 'band back together' and bring on a big hollywood name for the new general."

IMO, TPTB relied too much on fan following and not enough on common sense.
                  Yea they relied on the farscape fans following BB and CB over, they just consider how many loyal fans they would drive away
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You can't help but wonder how AT & CJ must have felt to be basically told they weren't good enough & a new "star" (or two ) had to be brought in. [ms seemed perfectly happy b/c he was half of Vaniel]
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 12 March 2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: fix quote

Comment

You can't help but wonder how AT & CJ must have felt to be basically told they weren't good enough & a new "star" (or two ) had to be brought in. [ms seemed perfectly happy b/c he was half of Vaniel]
                      CJ strikes me as the happy go lucky type. He would just be happy to have a job and be able to work with these new stars.

AT, my heart went out too...she got screwed in season 9 and 10. Suddenly she went from being the science genius to wallpaper. She lost command of the team to a rookie and then what little she had left as the science officers was slowly twittered away till nothing, nada, squat.

Seems like after RDA bow out, they had no idea what to even do with Sam.

Funny, I've never had Sam as the "lead" in any fic I've penned but I always make sure she is the Science Officer. She figures out the problems and puts the pieces together.

I'm writing one with a murder mystery embedded in it and for the first time I have actually had a real reason for Teal'c to be in the fic. He puts himself in the detective position and tries to solve the crime. Backing Teal'c with forensics is Sam! I make it so Teal'c and Sam both solve the crime and start to work on the next plan of action.

I gave Teal'c a much harder role becuase in this fic he is acting as a civilian investigator and has to obey the laws...can't just torture his suspect. I find giving Teal'c those restraints much more fun than that one ep where blows his enemy up for killing his mother.

I don't believe Sam is the type of character to hold a grudge but at the same time I don't think she would have taken the crap that was dished out to her laying down. I would have loved to have seen her "unwinding" from the stress of biting her tongue and see what the character really thought of cam "Shaft."

Comment

RCC's vision of "Stargate Command" had an SG1 consisting of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c. Sam was supposed to be shuffled off to Atlantis. When they couldn't do that (JM mentioned something about contractual issues in an interview), RCC was stuck with her. That's how Sam was written in S9, like he was stuck with her. JMO.

Mike

Comment

Is it bite your tongue or blow raspberries?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yea they relied on the farscape fans following BB and CB over, they just consider how many loyal fans they would drive away

Speaking of loyal fans... When are you writing more fic Mandy? I need some Sam whump.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                              RCC's vision of "Stargate Command" had an SG1 consisting of Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c. Sam was supposed to be shuffled off to Atlantis. When they couldn't do that (JM mentioned something about contractual issues in an interview), RCC was stuck with her. That's how Sam was written in S9, like he was stuck with her. JMO.

Mike
                              Mitchell, Vala, JACKSON, regressed Teal'c. I think. I dont recall seeing much of Daniel in S9-S10 the way I dont recall seeing Carter. CJ still managed to keep Teal'c base (probably because RCC totally ignored him and let him do what he wanted) but he didnt really have anything to do.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

that's also cause there was no obsession with making teal'c all butch and manly and studly

and someone there has the idea to be manly and studly = rude, arrogant, petty and snotty....cause that's how jackson acted. like a jerk that uses an aggressive attitude to keep people at a distance and far enough away to NOT see who he really is
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X