S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    well doesn't being cute and adorable count?
    *runs very fast away and hides from skydiver and Ptahthecreationgod
    LOL! :lobs drippy veggies in pittsburghgirl's direction:

That pre-supposes that people think Cambo is cute and adorable. :checks cute and adorable criteria:

Hmm.

:checks Cam criteria:

:takes ibuprofen:

Nope. Sorry. Incompetence, woe-is-me-eeyore-ism, armed hyperactivity, inconsistency, minimal decision making talent, and minimal contributory skills just aren't on my list of cute and adorable criteria, I'm afraid.

Simha (officially not qualifiied for fandom according to TPTB-Continuum's apparent list of criteria )
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey, I'm cute and adorable, maybe I should lead SG-1!

Of course, I'm a girl, so that makes me automatically incompetent. And surgery to correct that is SO expensive!

Comment

Personally I think they should have made Cam the cute new Docter. Even had him as Landry's son. Then Lam could have been on SG1, we know the actress can do action scenes. And Sam would have been the leader. Though I know... heaven forbid two women are on one team, never mind SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Of course, I'm a girl, so that makes me automatically incompetent. And surgery to correct that is SO expensive!
          girl-you are such a hoot!
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

yes, it does seem that the one major requirement to be the leader of SG-1 is a Penis (sorry teal'c, a staff weapon don't quite cut it)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              yes, it does seem that the one major requirement to be the leader of SG-1 is a Penis (sorry teal'c, a staff weapon don't quite cut it)
              that is a green if there ever was one
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by agi
                The Goaul'd got it all wrong with their powerfull weapons and Jaffa and what not: all they needed to bring the SGC down was Vala! (imho of course).With a little help from Mitchell and the co-command thing and the lack of team and the "aren't we soooo funny?" and "aren't we the best?"attitude etc, etc, etc...
                You are speaking from my heart. It´s good to know that I´m not the only one who has feels this way about Vala and the new "funny" direction of the show.

Comment

No way I will buy season nine. Do not want it even as a gift.
                  Have you all read the spoilers for Counterstrike?

Comment

lol, of course if yu were leading SG1 no one would dare mess with them And think about all of those offworld Cabana boys just waiting for you
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

he is easy on the eyes.
                      Am I alone in thinking he's not even that? Sorry, but he just doesn't do anything for me. I don't find him especially handsome, I find his attempts at wit irritating rather than charming and he just doesn't seem hot to me at all!

With apologies to BB fans. <G>

yeah well, i personally found a good portion of s7 to be a waste of my money, more of s8 and s9....like i said, i'm not gonna buy the discs. I'll just put them on my christmas list

whereas in previous years i literally couldn't wait to stick the discs in the machine and watch the eps and commentary in their non-commercialed glory...there's not much in it for me now

how things have changed in the past few years
                      I hear you there. Except for the Christmas list bit. I'm on a limited budget when it comes to buying DVDs each year, so the previous boxed sets were already on my Christmas list. My husband bought them for me for Christmas in years past. But now...there are just so many other shows that I'd really like to have - BSG, House, Desperate Housewives, Lois and Clark and The Young Riders is starting to be released now too (the last two being my huge obsessions before SG1) - that I can't see the point in buying something else that I have lacklustre feelings about, have barely watched first time around, never mind over and over again. I'd only be buying it to sooth my anal compulsion for avoiding incomplete sets. And that's not strong enough to make me part with good cash I could spend on better enjoyment elsewhere.

Albion
                      Last edited by Albion; 02 April 2006, 04:03 AM.
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I'm so against the pairing aka dinner date of Vala and Mitchell. Come on...they've done that in their old show. Let the chemistry between Vala and Daniel go forth....It's just going to make the whole thing corny.

E

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                          And think about all of those offworld Cabana boys just waiting for you
                          Mmmm.... I AM thinking of all those lovely offworld cabana boys. Why do you think I volunteered?

Comment

You're not incompetent. You do just fine, honey.

Oh, God. Even saying that in sarcasm I just feel so vile.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Oh, God. Even saying that in sarcasm I just feel so vile.
                              Must be par for the course, 'cause you look vile, too.

Although if you think about it, I'm about as qualified as Cam. And after watching Stargate for six or so years, I may even have a slight edge on him. Hmm... maybe I should write to TPTB.

Comment

Haha! If I can get someone to make this into a sig (featuring a cute, little girl) would you mind if I used this line?!

Comment

Working...
                                X