S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    One of the things I find troubling about this shoddy treatment of characters is that presumably they spent some time developing these characters in the first 8 seasons. Wouldn't RCC and Co. feel some stake in keeping them the interesting and somewhat complex people we came to know?

You also have to wonder how much sense of collaboration was going on here. The actors have brought the characters from the written page to life. (Something I don't think RCC always recognizes). I can't believe CJ and AT were entirely happy with the wallpapering of their characters. And not just from a "give me screen time" perspective. Would Sam really stand around and not jump in to solve a scientific problem? Would she accept without question or comment being robbed of command? Would she and Teal'c say nothing about Daniel's personality change?

Would Teal'c be satisfied to be treated as nothing more than muscle in the "new" SGC? Do you think Teal'c would really "follow" Mitchell? He respected O'Neill and Carter. there's no evidence of him respecting or trusting Mitchell. And no Mitchell proving himself to Teal'c.
    I could go on...

Teal'c politely greeting his new CO Colonel Makepeace.

Teal'c's neatly hung jacket after hearing there will be no rescue for O'Neill and the rest of SG-1
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post

Teal'c politely greeting his new CO Colonel Makepeace.

Teal'c's neatly hung jacket after hearing there will be no rescue for O'Neill and the rest of SG-1
      The first pic reminded me of Daniel's attitude in that episode (Shades of Grey). He was outraged and upset that Sam wasn't given or even considered for command of SG1 and now in season 9 he's best buddies with Mitchell who clearly robbed her of the command she already had and deserved...shows how much Daniel's really changed.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        The first pic reminded me of Daniel's attitude in that episode (Shades of Grey). He was outraged and upset that Sam wasn't given or even considered for command of SG1 and now in season 9 he's best buddies with Mitchell who clearly robbed her of the command she already had and deserved...shows how much Daniel's really changed.
        Daniel's gone, remember? We've been watching Anubis-in-Jackson since Daniel "Descended". The real Daniel is in the Ancient diner, weeping bitter, bitter tears when he sees what the impostor taking his place is doing.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Amen. Especially in the way he readily went to bat for Vala to join the team full-time, and didn't have any objections when she seemed to "earn the right to join SG-1."

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Amen. Especially in the way he readily went to bat for Vala to join the team full-time, and didn't have any objections when she seemed to "earn the right to join SG-1."
            What I find utterly bizarre is that anyone would trust a word that came out of Vala's mouth in "Avalon, Part 1", much less allow her to set foot through the stargate... at least when the iris was open.

Are we supposed to believe that Daniel vouched for her? If so, I take it that we can safely assume that his brain melted and dribbled out his ears at some point prior to the beginning of Season Nine.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              Daniel's gone, remember? We've been watching Anubis-in-Jackson since Daniel "Descended". The real Daniel is in the Ancient diner, weeping bitter, bitter tears when he sees what the impostor taking his place is doing.
              ah now see THAT would have been cool. jackson was really anubis in disguise all along. that would have been sweet.

this was just a poor attempt at machoing a character, imho
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                ah now see THAT would have been cool. jackson was really anubis in disguise all along. that would have been sweet.

this was just a poor attempt at machoing a character, imho
                I wonder whose idea it was; did the writers not want to have to write the more complex character that Daniel used to be, was it Coop or did MS want his character to be the hero of the piece?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  I wonder whose idea it was; did the writers not want to have to write the more complex character that Daniel used to be, was it Coop or did MS want his character to be the hero of the piece?
                  Methinks Coop found Peee-Ewwwe fascinating and decided to abuse Daniel to facilitate his Vala lurve. But I think Shanks loved Daniel being a macho "mini-RDA" <<-----rofl. Yeah, right. Dream on whoever had that idea.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Methinks Coop found Peee-Ewwwe fascinating and decided to abuse Daniel to facilitate his Vala lurve. But I think Shanks loved Daniel being a macho "mini-RDA" <<-----rofl. Yeah, right. Dream on whoever had that idea.

suse
                    Make you wonder why they bothered bringing in BB if MS was going to be "the man".
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

i have no doubt that MS found PU fun. Who wouldnt? the whole show was a lark. It jsut wasn't stargate.

It was a mockery of Han Solo adventures with a little Andromeda tossed in with a dash of hercules (later seasons)

That's the thing that coop just couldn't ever and seemingly can't wrap his head around...he was given teh job to make season nine and ten of STARGATE, not season 1 of Space Lark.

But, in what i can only guess was an effort to put 'himself' into the show, he got fixated on 'i'm the boss, i can do whatever i want' and ran with it. And to heck with anyone that shook their heads and wondered just what they were watching

sigpic

Comment

i have no doubt that MS found PU fun. Who wouldnt? the whole show was a lark. It jsut wasn't stargate.

It was a mockery of Han Solo adventures with a little Andromeda tossed in with a dash of hercules (later seasons)

That's the thing that coop just couldn't ever and seemingly can't wrap his head around...he was given teh job to make season nine and ten of STARGATE, not season 1 of Space Lark.

But, in what i can only guess was an effort to put 'himself' into the show, he got fixated on 'i'm the boss, i can do whatever i want' and ran with it. And to heck with anyone that shook their heads and wondered just what they were watching
                        Plus he had his new toy to play with...Vala
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

it also would have helped if cooper knew WHAT he was making too. Not only did he not make SG-1 he made a show that he didn't have the basics for.

the ori as an enemy is just so shallow, Vala as a member of SG-1 is unrealistic, Action Jackson is NOT Daniel. Sam and Teal'c were wall papered. His new lead was not the lead.

The list goes on and on and on....

However in my own little fic where I do make Mitchell the lead character I find I have enough room (aniother words so underdeveloped) that I can just about do anything I want and he's still in character. This fic...he's foster daddy to Vala's second miracle child. Next fic, he 's helping a hire detective (female sherlock holmes type) track an alien serial killer that could rival Jack the Ripper and using the gates as his main entrance and escape route. (love cold case files)
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

"Space Lark"--Love it! Can't green you so please accept this instead:

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
                              I agree, and it all failed so miserably.
                              sigpic

Comment

Space Lark...course Space Snark works too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X