Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I just wish we'd had some decent in uniform promo shots
    that's what i call "Dream vs Logic" but MGM chose the "Shocking" path..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I just wish we'd had some decent in uniform promo shots
      I really dislike that picture of Daniel.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        I really dislike that picture of Daniel.
        That's Daniel? He looks more like Action Jackson.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          Yeah, thats one of the reasons I dislike it. The other I will keep to myself.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Well I know I wouldn't buy the dvd's based on those pics. (2nd one of sky's)
            Yes, although I am not going to buy the DVDs in any case. If I was thinking about it, any of those pics would be enough to squash that.

I am one that am not the least bit suprised Vala is not on the cover of the DVDs. Sure she was a full time member of the show but since it made no logical reason for her to be there and since Maybourn, Kinsey, Samuals or some of the other characters Vala's character should have compared to were never there I am not miffed that she is not there. I am suprised that Cam is not front and center, after all hes the "leader"....of course there is no logical reason for that. But at least he has an actual logical reason for being on the team, just not in charge.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              Yes, although I am not going to buy the DVDs in any case. If I was thinking about it, any of those pics would be enough to squash that.

I am one that am not the least bit suprised Vala is not on the cover of the DVDs. Sure she was a full time member of the show but since it made no logical reason for her to be there and since Maybourn, Kinsey, Samuals or some of the other characters Vala's character should have compared to were never there I am not miffed that she is not there. I am suprised that Cam is not front and center, after all hes the "leader"....of course there is no logical reason for that. But at least he has an actual logical reason for being on the team, just not in charge.
              I'm guessing that the goal is to sell the DVDs; even though Mitchell should probably have been front and center for Season Nine's cover based on his role that season, with Vala and Daniel spotlighted for Ten's, maybe it was thought that this wasn't the best way to go.

Comment

I'm guessing that the goal is to sell the DVDs; even though Mitchell should probably have been front and center for Season Nine's cover based on his role that season, with Vala and Daniel spotlighted for Ten's, maybe it was thought that this wasn't the best way to go.
                I'm willing to bet that they didn't think that much about it at all. The DVD graphics folks are probably a separate group... who haven't even *seen* the Season 10 episodes (and don't care one whit about it)... it's just a graphics job to them... Maybe they were given some promo shots to work from... or maybe they just pulled them out of a folder (an old folder). Carter is probably front and center because she's the only female (of the group that they chose)... perhaps they were under the impression that SG-1 is still a group of *4* military space explorers... a group of 3 men and 1 woman... Perhaps, they were just working from old information (old blurbs about the show) and not-so-complete-group-photos. I find it hard to believe that the graphic artists would have edited *out* Vala and/or Adria and/or an Ori Prior and/or a starship if it had been given to them in a form they could easily work from.

I don't find it hard to believe at all that the graphics folks could make these assumptions (without knowing much about the show), when the actual writers of the show could make glaring errors about the show's history - e.g., stating that Sam and her Dad had *4* extra years together thanks to the Tokra... when it was actually 6. The writers admitted later that they just made an error there. Now, everyone makes mistakes, but I find it hard to believe that *no one* on the set... actors, directors, other cast and/or crew, commented that it was 6 (and not 4) years. I have been blown away how folks on this forum can identify one single screen shot from any episode - folks can identify the episode and the scene and usually the dialogue as well! If the folks on this board can do all of that, then why couldn't *someone* catch a silly error that noted that Jacob Carter was introduced in Season 2 and killed off in Season 8? After the error, folks were trying to give the writers 'an out' by saying that perhaps 6 seasons was only 4 years of 'SG-1 time'... however, the writers/directors/producers admitted that it was just an error.

At any rate, if the writers can make that kind of silly error, and no one catches it (or apparently cares enough to check or question), then I have no problem thinking that the cover art was done by folks who don't actually know what Season 10 was truly about (probably haven't even seen the episodes).
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 August 2007, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
                  I'm willing to bet that they didn't think that much about it at all. The DVD graphics folks are probably a separate group... who haven't even *seen* the Season 10 episodes (and don't care one whit about it)... it's just a graphics job to them... Maybe they were given some promo shots to work from... or maybe they just pulled them out of a folder (an old folder). Carter is probably front and center because she's the only female (of the group that they chose)... perhaps they were under the impression that SG-1 is still a group of *4* military space explorers... a group of 3 men and 1 woman... Perhaps, they were just working from old information (old blurbs about the show) and not-so-complete-group-photos. I find it hard to believe that the graphic artists would have edited *out* Vala and/or Adria and/or an Ori Prior and/or a starship if it had been given to them in a form they could easily work from.

I don't find it hard to believe at all that the graphics folks could make these assumptions (without knowing much about the show), when the actual writers of the show could make glaring errors about the show's history - e.g., stating that Sam and her Dad had *4* extra years together thanks to the Tokra... when it was actually 6. The writers admitted later that they just made an error there. Now, everyone makes mistakes, but I find it hard to believe that *no one* on the set... actors, directors, other cast and/or crew, commented that it was 6 (and not 4) years. I have been blown away how folks on this forum can identify one single screen shot from any episode - folks can identify the episode and the scene and usually the dialogue as well! If the folks on this board can do all of that, then why couldn't *someone* catch a silly error that noted that Jacob Carter was introduced in Season 2 and killed off in Season 8? After the error, folks were trying to give the writers 'an out' by saying that perhaps 6 seasons was only 4 years of 'SG-1 time'... however, the writers/directors/producers admitted that it was just an error.

At any rate, if the writers can make that kind of silly error, and no one catches it (or apparently cares enough to check or question), then I have no problem thinking that the cover art was done by folks who don't actually know what Season 10 was truly about (probably haven't even seen the episodes).
                  Wouldnt someone from Bridge, MGM, or Sony have to actually "sign off" on the art. It may be someone without a clue in some random marketing department who made it but someone who hired them would get to proof it and say yea or nay. Therefore I assume its this way because MGM wanted it to be this way.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think of all the fans of Farscape who are unaware that Claudia Black played in Stargate. They'll miss the chance to see her, when they go randomly through the aisles of a DVD store.. So some potential-buyers less.
                    Last edited by Arga; 27 August 2007, 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

Yes, and the text on the box says "...the team, led by Daniel Jackson..." Anyone tell Mitchell that? So much for our "new lead."

Oh and I listened to the "Flesh and Blood" commentary because I hoped Jim Menard (who I like) and Will Waring would balance out RCC. Nope, it was his usual monologue--mostly on the Bori. I'm barely exaggerating. I think the other two got to pipe up only 2 or 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        The cover is enhanced, but it's surely not as bad as Debbie Does Dallas. No leather is involved. Not that I know if leather or just skin is involved in DDD cover "art".

Carter is totally covered. She's not giving a 'come hither' look. Why would you say " one would think Carter was doing the SGC by that cover."?

They enhanced ber breasts. They still aren't as big as mine. It's over the top, considering we know full well that AT's breasts are not that big. But it's hardly as bad as is being made out.

suse
                        You think you know what the Debbie Does Dallas cover looks like?

To me, the issue isn't the size of her breasts as much as the lighting to highlight them. I didn't interpret it to mean Carter does everyone in the SGC; I just think it's tacky.

Did anyone notice that Jackson has some of the same lighting hitting his shoulder? I'm sure we can read symbolism about the size of his manhood into it.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

It's the tackiness for me too, scifithinker. That and the fact that they really don't look much like themselves. Much better to show *all* the characters in their green uniforms with an actual photo for the cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Yes, and the text on the box says "...the team, led by Daniel Jackson..." Anyone tell Mitchell that? So much for our "new lead."

Oh and I listened to the "Flesh and Blood" commentary because I hoped Jim Menard (who I like) and Will Waring would balance out RCC. Nope, it was his usual monologue--mostly on the Bori. I'm barely exaggerating. I think the other two got to pipe up only 2 or 3 times.
                            You have to admit, it's certainly an... interesting way to get around the Carter-Mitchell command issue.

Who cares who calls the shots? Jackson is the first to walk through the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              It's the tackiness for me too, scifithinker. That and the fact that they really don't look much like themselves. Much better to show *all* the characters in their green uniforms with an actual photo for the cover art.
                              they didn't act like themselves either.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                                they didn't act like themselves either.
                                I agree... I don't like the Season 9/Season 10 AU characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X