S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    i don't know if season 10 is going to have any quality. I think a hiatus to retool would have been a good idea-i think they ought to have considered that before the stuff hit the fan this season.

I firmly believe the magic baby story line is the death knell of this show.
    i thought they should have done that with amanda being on maternity leave, instead of writing what they did (first 5 eps and mitchell taking over command of sg1). i wonder if they had waited, what we'd have now....

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i thought they should have done that with amanda being on maternity leave, instead of writing what they did (first 5 eps and mitchell taking over command of sg1). i wonder if they had waited, what we'd have now....

sally
      you know-I really do not know if we would have had anything better coming from that group.

they seem to have swapped out taste for tacky and i don't know if changing anything that way would have made any difference at all.

i keep hoping that they will realize that the direction they are going is going to lead to cancellation but then *shrug.

I don't know about anybody else-but we now have 2 seasons of SG-1 that I am not purchasing-I wonder if viewers unhappiness has translated into decreased sales. I am not buying the comics (when Avatar decides to publish) the dvds, the books or anything else.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Here are as many unresolved plot threads that I can think of. Please add if I forgot some. One of the things that really pisses me off with S9 is that they are introducing so many new characters and races, when there's a ton of stuff simply abandoned.

1.) Episode 112 "Fire and Water" They NEVER used those aliens again, even though they established they helped Earth fight the Goa'uld off of Earth. Interesting that they were not seen in Moebius.

2.) The Nox: Whatever happened to them, haven't seen them since Pretense. Well the Nox actually require a certain level of intelligence, so I guess that's why they haven't been seen, lol.

3.) The Furlings, EVERY fan wants to learn about them! Especially after being teased in S6!

4.) Whatever happened to Cassandra after Frasier died!!!

5.) Kinsey, though they may bring him back,

6.) Never went into detail about what happened with the Tok'ra after the defeat of the Goa'uld,

7.)THE RETU. What the hell happened there!

8.) The Unas. Wait, all the Unas episodes suck anyway (Well except Thor's Hammer) so let them be forgotten!!

9.) Bounty Hunter Aris Botch in Deadman's Switch. Totally left behind plot idea.

10.) The Foothold aliens!

11.) O'Neill's almost wife from A Hundred Days

12.) The Giant Aliens from Crystal Skull! Now we will never be able to see O'Neill react to the giant aliens again!

13.) Never saw Sarah after being freed from Osiris.

14.) Whatever happened to the Aschen ark!!!

15.) What happened to Hailey?

16.) JONAS!!!! They spend a whole season developing his character, and despite many great opportunities never brought him back! I checked the IMDB, and he isn't that busy! Never see what happened to his planet also!

17.) The aliens from Forsaken and Space Race. Wait, Space Race is arguably the orst SG-1 episode ever! Good thing to leave them behind.

18.) Never have seen the Abydonians or heard anything from them since Full Circle!

19.) What happened to Ishta?

20.) What happened to Major Davis?
        Last edited by Vyse; 26 March 2006, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i *loved* season 6! i felt it was the last great *season* of the show (even with ms being gone). it was the last one, at least, that cared about the finished product.

sally

I loved season six too! Thought that they transitioned Jonas in nicely, while keeping Daniel as a guardian angel.

Oh, and I much rather watch the light, non gritty, SG1. If I wanted to see sex and violence I would put on any other station.

Comment

same here. If i want sex and violence, i'll tune in bsg

season 6 was one of my faves, followed by season 3

IMHO, had cam been amajor and not put into command, they could have re-captured a bit of that 'eyes wide open newbie' feeling they had iwth jonas without totally destroying the character
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
              Thanks for the replies, DEM, Skydiver, and Mr Prophet. Any chance they will put Dr. Lam/Lexa in the credits, too? That would be crazy if she got a somewhat larger part next season, but I doubt it. I just thought it would make the credits even more confusing!

Edit: Actually from Season 10 Spoilers it sounds like
              Spoiler:
              Vala's baby
              will have a large part in the next season. Do you think this is someone who could be another addition to the opening credits?
              Spoiler:
              Although there will be many actresses for that part...
              I wouldn't be surpised if they didn't kill off the Dr. Lam character just because the actress is pregnate. Plus, being that they are bringing in an aditional female character this season.

I expect that
              Spoiler:
              Vala's baby will be played by the girl who was Grace for a few scenes, though they would likely have her wear a wig. Then I bet that the teenage version of her will be the girl that played Ally/Cassandra unless the actually have one of those two return for the 200th episode. Though I think the perfect adult version of her would be the Wraith Worshiper Chick from the hive part two, I think her name was Neera. She's got a lot of similar features to Claudia.
              Last edited by Amanda Eros; 26 March 2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                Here are as many unresolved plot threads that I can think of. Please add if I forgot some. One of the things that really pisses me off with S9 is that they are introducing so many new characters and races, when there's a ton of stuff simply abandoned.
                The aliens in Grace. THey would make dome great allies - or emenies. Who needs the Ori?

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                  The aliens in Grace. THey would make dome great allies - or emenies. Who needs the Ori?

Suse
                  In Cooper's interview with Scifi.com, he basically made fun of the idea of bringing those guys back. He called them the Shippers and said that they were basically created so that Sam/Jack shippers could see them kiss.

Comment

Saw part of the Beau Bridges panel at the convention today. He gave away some plot details for an upcoming ep.
                    Spoiler:
                    Apparently Landry and Mitchell are gonna spend some time alone in Landry's mountain cabin (everyone else was invited but got waylaid). So I present to you the newest scare in slash: LITCH.

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Saw part of the Beau Bridges panel at the convention today. He gave away some plot details for an upcoming ep.
                      Spoiler:
                      Apparently Landry and Mitchell are gonna spend some time alone in Landry's mountain cabin (everyone else was invited but got waylaid). So I present to you the newest scare in slash: LITCH.

Have fun.

ewwwwwwww....I'm trying to eat breakfast over here!!!! thanks for the update though. I'll take any little tidbits I can since I'm not at the con....
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                        I loved season six too! Thought that they transitioned Jonas in nicely, while keeping Daniel as a guardian angel.

Oh, and I much rather watch the light, non gritty, SG1. If I wanted to see sex and violence I would put on any other station.
                        I agree on both points. I think I've said it before - probably on the Anti Season Nine thread, but I the S9 opener was so different (to me) in fundamental ways from the previous seasons that I felt a bit 'left behind' as a longtime fan. I felt they were pursuing people who wouldn't have watched or been compelled by the show before.

The show used to elevate - possibly inspire the viewer to be a better person. To not leave others behind, to have courage, to sacrifice, to focus and solve problems in the face of doom, yadda. I am just not compelled by what they've dished out thus far. In addition to sex and violence, absence of team, splitered plots and bad writing, its also not really SG-1 saving our collective arses any more - its aliens or alien technology and often in the last few minutes of the ep. WAAAAAY too Jessica Fletcher/MSW IMHO.

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Spoiler:

Have fun.
                          ok, i'm scarred for life now

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Have fun.
                            *runs screaming into the night
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              I agree on both points. I think I've said it before - probably on the Anti Season Nine thread, but I the S9 opener was so different (to me) in fundamental ways from the previous seasons that I felt a bit 'left behind' as a longtime fan. I felt they were pursuing people who wouldn't have watched or been compelled by the show before.

The show used to elevate - possibly inspire the viewer to be a better person. To not leave others behind, to have courage, to sacrifice, to focus and solve problems in the face of doom, yadda. I am just not compelled by what they've dished out thus far. In addition to sex and violence, absence of team, splitered plots and bad writing, its also not really SG-1 saving our collective arses any more - its aliens or alien technology and often in the last few minutes of the ep. WAAAAAY too Jessica Fletcher/MSW IMHO.
                              i agree. it's not US solving things. It's those four folks with the same patches that find someone else's tech to save the day.

we're nothing more than treasure hunters and, frankly, not doing anything that anyone else couldn't do

these folks aren't needed for their unique abilities anymore, they're filling generic roles that any actor/actress could slip into

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i agree. it's not US solving things. It's those four folks with the same patches that find someone else's tech to save the day.

we're nothing more than treasure hunters and, frankly, not doing anything that anyone else couldn't do

these folks aren't needed for their unique abilities anymore, they're filling generic roles that any actor/actress could slip into
                                Funny, that! Didn't one of the TPTBs - or maybe even MS (sorry, I don't remember where I read it) that Stargate was going to become less dependent on specific actors???

Comment

Working...
                                X