S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    You're not so annoying important a critic that you've been singled out in Joe's blog, so you're probably not persona non grata yet.

You're obviously not working hard enough. I'm disappointed in you.
    that's likely cause i don't post on joe's blog and he tends to only snark on those that engage him
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Unless Flash Gordon is a success among the critics, I don't see what their claim to fame is going to be.

with skiffy calling the shots, it'll probably be more like Flesh Gordon
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
        The Anti-S4 thread is not anti-Carter, there are other threads for that.
        I've just looked at the anti s4 thread as I was going to post about some of my fears for s4. I read through the last six pages of the thread, and had to check I hadn't gone into the wrong thread. It's more anti-Carter than the actual anti-Carter thread!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          I've just looked at the anti s4 thread as I was going to post about some of my fears for s4. I read through the last six pages of the thread, and had to check I hadn't gone into the wrong thread. It's more anti-Carter than the actual anti-Carter thread!
          I think I made a post regarding that this morning (GMT +1) in which I ask them to contain those sentiments to the respective threads dedicated to it (Otherwise they're simply being off-topic which is reportable ). Besides that, you should be save to post there, since I'm not anti-Carter or anti-Keller. So please post so I have some company
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
            I think I made a post regarding that this morning (GMT +1) in which I ask them to contain those sentiments to the respective threads dedicated to it (Otherwise they're simply being off-topic which is reportable ). Besides that, you should be save to post there, since I'm not anti-Carter or anti-Keller. So please post so I have some company
            I saw your post, and I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it progresses before I build up my confidence to post. When I feel it's safe, I'll come and join you. Thanks for trying to clean things up there.
            sigpic

Comment

I know--that's why I won't post there.

I also fail to see how you can be against something when you haven't even seen it yet.

I didn't become anti-season 10 till after I watched the season.

I may hate season 4 or I might like it. I really won't know till I see the season.

I also just read cooper's interview. Long and winded. Really pushing the Ark movie. The more Cooper explains the Ark the less I want to see it. It just doesn't sound very intresting. Sounds kind of boring to me. (Notice--I didn't say I hated it)

Last night I ended up renting a video becuase nothing I wanted to watch was on TV.

I get the feeling that I will be renting a lot.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                I also fail to see how you can be against something when you haven't even seen it yet.
                Currently it should be more of a "Discuss your fears of Season 4 thread" and when the season starts it should become more like this thread. Sadly some people don't grasp that concept yet.

I saw your post, and I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it progresses before I build up my confidence to post. When I feel it's safe, I'll come and join you. Thanks for trying to clean things up there.
                It's partially my fault anyway, so I'm merely doing what I should've done some time ago.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

snipped

Last night I ended up renting a video becuase nothing I wanted to watch was on TV.

My thoughts as well last night.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=84640
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Yeah well I did post over there and it got deleted. I guess it's not like this thread where you can actually disagree with each other on what you think the actual problems are and the best way to get your greivances heard. Maybe if I revert to a petulant child and join in the plans to embarass the actors at the Comic Con I'll fit in. Nah, not worth it.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Yeah well I did post over there and it got deleted. I guess it's not like this thread where you can actually disagree with each other on what you think the actual problems are and the best way to get your greivances heard. Maybe if I revert to a petulant child and join in the plans to embarass the actors at the Comic Con I'll fit in. Nah, not worth it.
                      Not sure I want to know what those plans are, but don't they realize such behavior only makes the petulant ones (and by extension the rest of us) look bad?

Comment

I know--that's why I won't post there.

I didn't become anti-season 10 till after I watched the season.

I may hate season 4 or I might like it. I really won't know till I see the season.

I also just read cooper's interview. Long and winded. Really pushing the Ark movie. The more Cooper explains the Ark the less I want to see it. It just doesn't sound very intresting. Sounds kind of boring to me. (Notice--I didn't say I hated it)

Totally agree. I won't post over there. I won't be a part of whats going on.

My question to those fans is, What if it was Daniel instead of Sam replacing Weir?
                        Last edited by Rogue; 30 June 2007, 04:49 PM.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I did too. I pretty much zoned out on the Ark of Truth stuff (since I doubt I'll ever see it) but I got the overall gist of it.

He also talked about the cancellation. Again I breezed through it but I think I have a pretty good idea of what he said.

Oh, and Unending too of course. This made me laugh:

So the idea for "Unending" was to somehow create something that would be an emotional tribute to the ten seasons that have come before, and to feel like it was the last chapter in the book -- but not necessarily in the series of books. It was a chance to show, using science fiction, to show people one version of what the future might be like for these characters that they've spent so much time with and loved so much.

And I think if there's one thing that fans have always been very vocal about, liking about the show, is the team and liking team episodes, and wanting to spend time where the team is all together. So ... "You want a team episode? You want them to be together? I'll give you them together! They'll be together for 50 years!"

Hmm, nope I didn't see any emotional tribute to the 10 seasons that came before. No Jack. No decent interaction between the Big Three.

Heh - still saying it's a "team" episode. Yep, the meaning of "team" episode has really changed...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                            I did too. I pretty much zoned out on the Ark of Truth stuff (since I doubt I'll ever see it) but I got the overall gist of it.

He also talked about the cancellation. Again I breezed through it but I think I have a pretty good idea of what he said.

Oh, and Unending too of course. This made me laugh:

So the idea for "Unending" was to somehow create something that would be an emotional tribute to the ten seasons that have come before, and to feel like it was the last chapter in the book -- but not necessarily in the series of books. It was a chance to show, using science fiction, to show people one version of what the future might be like for these characters that they've spent so much time with and loved so much.

And I think if there's one thing that fans have always been very vocal about, liking about the show, is the team and liking team episodes, and wanting to spend time where the team is all together. So ... "You want a team episode? You want them to be together? I'll give you them together! They'll be together for 50 years!"

Hmm, nope I didn't see any emotional tribute to the 10 seasons that came before. No Jack. No decent interaction between the Big Three.

Heh - still saying it's a "team" episode. Yep, the meaning of "team" episode has really changed...
                            I stopped reading stuff that Robert Cooper says in interviews quite a while ago as I couldn't take anymore of his spin doctoring. The man obviously has no understanding of the meaning of the word team, which I find really sad in a professional writer.

I also wonder how it is possible to pay tribute to a long running series by actually dismantling or killing off almost everything that was done in the years before he got control of the series?

The Stargate - a seldom used prop
                            Jack - who?
                            Janet - who?
                            Jacob - who?
                            The Goua'uld - mostly gone or converted into a running Ba'al joke
                            The Tokra - gone
                            The Asgard - gone - they are all just a bunch of suicidal aliens dontcha know
                            SGC integrity - gone
                            SGC ingenuity - gone. We don't need our brains and guts to fight no more, just one more treasure hunt should do it
                            Intelligent strong female characters - gone. We'll shove the one we did have into the background so she doesn't show up Hewo, Plot Device Boy. Oh and we'll add another female to the cast, we need a decoration for Jackson's arm. We'll remove the brain from a previous guest character and she'll be a perfect decoration.

I could go on but my snark is depressing me This is why I try to avoid any of Coop's press.

I find it sad that one man's vision, or lack thereof, can kill a series. It wouldn't have taken much to have kept me interested, just a little attention to plot and characters, keeping the spirit of the show while going in a new direction. I spent the whole of S9 being so open minded about the show and giving it a chance that it wasn't till the end of S9 and I found there were only 8 eps that I would possibly rewatch and those were all just OK that I crossed over to the dark side of "anti"

*wanders away wondering how a writer doesn't comprehend the concept of team*
                            -

Comment

Yeah - it is quite sad.

I laughed and then was left with a rather empty feeling. I normally steer clear of his interviews and such... guess it was morbid curiosity to see how he'd spin things this time. Like the whole driving past a car wreck thing.

But no, it wasn't anything new.

I was the same way about S9. Was wary of the direction it was taking and of course the newcomers, but I thought I'd give it a chance too. Became *really* wary when I heard the spoilers for S10, but wasn't quite "anti" yet. I think I turned completely "anti" right after Flesh and Blood and heard Daniel's first line to Landry in Morpheus... but I won't get into that.

It is depressing to think about how he's lost the concept of team. And he'd written some pretty darned good eps back in the day (Singularity, The Fifth Race...). But that was back before he was running things, so...

Need to stop babbling now. *pops in early season dvd*

Comment

Good idea to watch some early DVD's. I think I'll do a mini marathon tonight as there's nothing much worth viewing tonight on TV.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X