S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    The problem with the anti S4 thread, is that we may not be anti s4 yet, and it does seem to be rather anti Carter, which many of us are not either.
    Just as this thread was (and for a large part still is) anti Vala/Cambo.

The reason that thread currently is primarily anti-Carter because there are many anti-Carter people there at the moment. The moment others come who aren't anti-Carter it'll change to a more balanced thread.

As for being Anti-S4 or not, imo the anti-threads are the best places to discuss an upcoming and/or running season especially when you compare them to the pro-threads.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

My two cents are:
      Spoiler:
      The Asguard, never in a million years would they give up all their knowledge and tech to a primitive planet.

Second, they all die.

Third, said tech also happens to include holodecks, food replicators, and the like. Star Trek anyone.

Fourth, did this same tech include the ability to produce Goa'uld's in mass quantities for Sam to convert into Tretonin for Teal'c. I mean 50 years is a long time for him to go without it.

Fifth, the relationship angles felt all out of wack.

Well that's about five cents worth sorry, I may think of more later.

Comment

One would figure that for the very last series ep...TPTB would want to get the whole cast from season 1-8 together. You know, Jack, Hammond, Frasier, Jacob, Bra'tc and bring in mini Jack for good measure.

That to me would have been an episode "love letter" to the fans.

The final should have been The Nox, the Asgard, The Tollen and the Tokra introducing us to the Furlings.

Brining back the dead would have been very cool and closer of the series would have been far better than Unending.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          One would figure that for the very last series ep...TPTB would want to get the whole cast from season 1-8 together. You know, Jack, Hammond, Frasier, Jacob, Bra'tc and bring in mini Jack for good measure.

The final should have been The Nox, the Asgard, The Tollen and the Tokra introducing us to the Furlings.
          Wow! That's all such a fantastic idea for the series ending!

Comment

or what if the holo stuff could have been used to 'revive' the dead adn let the characters have thier closure with them?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              Just as this thread was (and for a large part still is) anti Vala/Cambo.

The reason that thread currently is primarily anti-Carter because there are many anti-Carter people there at the moment. The moment others come who aren't anti-Carter it'll change to a more balanced thread.

As for being Anti-S4 or not, imo the anti-threads are the best places to discuss an upcoming and/or running season especially when you compare them to the pro-threads.
              Odd how anti threads can be more open to discussion. I guess if you think the show is awesome and perfect that could limit discussion a bit. Just as if you think the show is completely utterly worthless (which is why I cant really get behind most character centric anti threads even if I am not fond of a character). What makes threads like the S10 Anti thread so interesting is that we are all fans of the show. We want the show to be better because we know the show can be awesome (but probably not perfect...what is).

Maybe the S4 Anti thread is more like that this then I think. I need to read more of it to get a better sense. I can assume they are all Atlantis fans but it seems some are not actually Stargate fans in general as they never liked SG-1. Not that there is anything wrong with that it is perfectly fine to be a fan of Atlantis and not be a fan of SG-1 just as people can like SG-1 and not the movie or the movie and not SG-1. I guess the only Non-Stargate fans would be the ones that didnt like the movie. The others would be Atlantis or SG-1 fans. See now I am talking in circles so as not to be insulting which many assume I am anyway so whatcanyoudo.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm inviting all of you to join me in the Anti S4 thread of SGA since two anti threads seem a bit much to me for one season.
                Thanks, but I am a casual SGA fan. Plus I like Carter.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                  Thanks, but I am a casual SGA fan. Plus I like Carter.
                  The Anti-S4 thread is not anti-Carter, there are other threads for that.
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

SNIP
                    The Anti-S4 thread is not anti-Carter, there are other threads for that.
                    hmmmm looks in Anti S4 and it looks very anti-Carter to me...

Comment

Then change it and post opposing views.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Tricky tricky proposition. It is an anti thread so defending Carter in it can seem to be a pro type stance and the thread is for complaints and misgivings only. Probably the way to go is to simply state what complaints or misgivings you have and not address the anti carter stuff specifically.

Although I am a carter fan I do myself have misgivings with her going to Atlantis. I have misgivings on behalf of carter (I dont want to see the character destroyed or get a JACKSON makeover) and on behalf of Atlantis (I thought they were hitting a groove and all of these changes do smack of S9). I think these are appropriate for discussion and can be done while showing respect to the Carter character and AT.

Of course if you dont have any complaints or misgivings then I guess that wouldnt really be the place to post. But even though I am neutral leaning pro on the season I find it hard to beleive that we can look at the same TPTB that destroyed stargate now run Atlantis and not have misgivings.....but thats just me.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i would imagine that you would focus on what you don't like in the upcoming s4. just like, people that like vala could come into this thread and rant away about how they didnt' like cam or didn't like how daniel acted.

sigpic

Comment

See I reserve my judgement until I have seen S4, I didn't start posting anti s9 stuff until after the episodes aired. So I really have nothing anti to say about S4 yet. I don't like they got rid of Weir, but I'm not angry that they are bringing Sam in. I'll just wait to see what they do with her character...so far I am caustiously optimistic about S4, so I don't think I would fit in the anti S4 thread.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i'm neither pro or anti s4. or i'm both i guess

there's stuff i'm looking forward to, stuff i'm dreading adn stuff i really don't care about.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Brining back the dead would have been very cool and closer of the series would have been far better than Unending.
                                You know, I wonder how much better the show would have turned out, how much more satisfying the very end of the series would have been had the fans been at the helm. One can wish...

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Working...
                                X