Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^ yeah what she said.
    Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    I recall in an interview that AT was happy she could now grow her hair long again.

maybe Sam's new position is more desk work and that would allow for longer hair.

Or, Sam married Jack and shippers will finally get closer!
    Airforce women can have long hair so there is no reason the Carter character could not have always had long hair (except for TPTB and makeup’s choice) she would have just had to put it up like TR. It is not always convenient but it is allowed. If they make her a civilian just for that then they are fools.

EDIT: Also, no offense to shippers, but if they make her a civilian just for THAT too then they are even bigger fools.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Well as long as she puts it up, she can have long hair in the AF. If they make Sam a civilian I might just have to bail.
      Sam never struck me as a person who would bother, though that may change depending on SGA's hair cuttery. short's more convenient (if you can keep it that way). especially with the uncertainty and speed at which Sam acts.
      Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
      If they make her a civilian just for that then they are fools.
      :gasp: that would be terrible!! imagine what would happen!!!

sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

here is the current regulation for women's hair in the US airforce:

Hair- Hair will be styled to present a professional appearance. The length on all sides will not extend below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Plain and conservative pins, combs, headbands, elastic bands, and barrettes similar to the individual's hair color are permitted to keep hair in place. Bulk will not exceed 3 inches or prevent proper wear of headgear. If dyed, the hair will look natural. Bangs will not touch eyebrows when groomed, and may be visible in front of the flight cap only.

source:

http://www.colorado.edu/AFROTC/knowl...appearance.htm

If I read this right, then Carter's hair must be kept up to not exceed the line at the bottom edge of her collar. Or, she would need to maintain a shorter style.

as for sheppards:

Hair- Hair will not touch the ears or the collar, and will present a tapered appearance. Will not exceed 1 inch in bulk, regardless of length, and not exceed inch at the termination point. Hair will not touch eyebrows when groomed, and will not be visible in front of the flight cap. If dyed, it must look natural.

so much for regulations!
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I doubt SGA will be following regulations to a T. They probably think eh close enough
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            here is the current regulation for women's hair in the US airforce:

Hair- Hair will be styled to present a professional appearance. The length on all sides will not extend below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Plain and conservative pins, combs, headbands, elastic bands, and barrettes similar to the individual's hair color are permitted to keep hair in place. Bulk will not exceed 3 inches or prevent proper wear of headgear. If dyed, the hair will look natural. Bangs will not touch eyebrows when groomed, and may be visible in front of the flight cap only.

source:

http://www.colorado.edu/AFROTC/knowl...appearance.htm

If I read this right, then Carter's hair must be kept up to not exceed the line at the bottom edge of her collar. Or, she would need to maintain a shorter style.

as for sheppards:

Hair- Hair will not touch the ears or the collar, and will present a tapered appearance. Will not exceed 1 inch in bulk, regardless of length, and not exceed inch at the termination point. Hair will not touch eyebrows when groomed, and will not be visible in front of the flight cap. If dyed, it must look natural.

so much for regulations!
            That is not read correctly. You can have hair all the way down to your waste as long as you can put it up so that it does not touch your collar and you can wear headgear properly.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

That is not read correctly. You can have hair all the way down to your waste as long as you can put it up so that it does not touch your collar and you can wear headgear properly.
              i wouldn't particularly like to put up that much hair into three inches. i don't think i could.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

i think the 3 inches part means that you can have no more than 3 inches 'free'...as in if you put it up in a ponytail and y our ponytail is 5 inches long, you need to braid it. If it's 3 inches long, you can let it hang free
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think the 3 inches part means that you can have no more than 3 inches 'free'...as in if you put it up in a ponytail and y our ponytail is 5 inches long, you need to braid it. If it's 3 inches long, you can let it hang free
                  actually, it means that the bulk (as in width/what would get in the way of headgear) cannot exceed 3 inches. that's where, at least i, would have a problem putting all that hair into that area.
                  the mandatory length is simply above the collar.
                  sigpic

Comment

So far still enjoying Atlantis. Though it scares me with the new show runner that they will kill it the same way they killed Stargate SG-1 but it will be even worse since they will use a formerly great character from SG-1 to help kill it. Though no doubt the death will come from the continous turnover of other characters more then the addition of the SG-1 character not to mention whatever god forsaken direction the new show runner takes it.

After all another freaking
                    Spoiler:
                    baby plot, cant bode well. It doesnt help that the horribly written S10 of stargate has greatly weakend the Stargate mythos and universe by GIVING humans too much power and taking away the unique flavor of the stargate universe in favor of cliche drivel.

Comment

i will consider it a minor miracle if they get a s5, so there's only so much 'damage' that can be done to it in 20 eps

sigpic

Comment

I will be glad when SG-1 runs its course and my hubby will watch something better.

tonights ep was a total waste of air spce, tv space, space in general. Too campy, too cliche, and way too much Daisy/Vala.

I seriously wanted the really badly acted bad guy to kill the team--just to humanly euthanasias this dying show!

On a scale of 1-10...this ep, the bounty rates a negative 10.

Comment

waste not--want not. (waist?)

Comment

yeah, bounty was bad

it's one of a trifecta of suckiness that's coming up

sigpic

Comment

yeah, bounty was bad

The Bounty has rivaled the suck-ness-ablity of Irresistible and Irresponsible in one showing!

Comment

yeah, bounty was bad

Ah sky, that's too nice of a description for Bounty. I agree it was a waste of time, space and good liquor, because there aint enough booze to help this one go down
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X