S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
    I'm the opposite. Watching S1-8 is like a breath of fresh air; a time when the episodes were good. Most of those episodes I will watch over and over and over. I have the complete set of SG-1. I won't be ordering Stargate Command.
    Knowing that Sam lost command to a goof, that they never really resolve the Sam/Jack issue and that Daniel has turned into Jackson makes it hard for me to watch the old eps. These were characters I cared about, I wished I could erase my memory of S9 and S10.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Are they freaking kidding me?? 200.00 for a commemorative book?
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        Knowing that Sam lost command to a goof, that they never really resolve the Sam/Jack issue and that Daniel has turned into Jackson makes it hard for me to watch the old eps. These were characters I cared about, I wished I could erase my memory of S9 and S10.
        not watching those episodes sure helps-but then I am of the opinion that this is not our SG-1-
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Tonight is Unending, the last SG-1 ep and I actually don't really care. I have been watching Sg-1 since it first aired on Showtime and I can't believe I feel this away. I feel so indifferent.

What bothers me is that my indifference has carried over to S1 - S8. Watching the last 2 years has really tainted my view of the series.
          I agree!

Comment

Tonight is Unending, the last SG-1 ep and I actually don't really care. I have been watching Sg-1 since it first aired on Showtime and I can't believe I feel this away. I feel so indifferent.

What bothers me is that my indifference has carried over to S1 - S8. Watching the last 2 years has really tainted my view of the series.
            I consider 9 & 10 as AU and therefore of no consequence.
            SG-1 seasons 1 - 8 are the reality I choose to dwell in. Jack and Sam are together, the Goa'uld are mostly gone and the Replicators destroyed. And we have a whole galaxy to explore!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
              not watching those episodes sure helps-but then I am of the opinion that this is not our SG-1-
              Totally agree. Through the eps I've watched this season I kept trying to remind myself that.

I won't be watching Unending tonight. Having already seen it and have no desire to rewatch it, I consider Moebius the end of the series. My mom who I discuss the show with on a regular basis (and helped get me into the series way back when) is watching just for the sake of watching the final episode. She doesn't like what the show has become either. Still I warned her that it was pretty bad.

Comment

That's kind of how I handle it too. I have to view it as a separate series. Almost like when an author dies and they get someone to continue his series. Or I remember they did a bunch of books in Asimov's Robot universe with different authors, some were ok, but it wasn't Asimov.
                Of course in this case the writers are the same...unless they're goa'ulds and S9 & 10 was part of a clever new torture technique...

I won't be home tonight but will tape Unending so I can watch it later. I feel no annoyance that I'll miss the "live" episode. Haven't really for most of S9-10. Like you, JessM, I consider Moebius the end of the real series. I still wish they had let the show/season go out on that episode.

Comment

Are they freaking kidding me?? 200.00 for a commemorative book?
                  that's all the franchise is about now....how many ways they can come up with to fleece the fans and bilk them for every last penny

I have a dvd of unending that a friend sent from the uk. but it's commercialless and i honestly don' tnkow if it's worth trying to watch with my friends having to remind them to tell me when to pause or not.

Unending was a 35 minute waste of time to get in one big deus ex machina to make AoT easier to write.

beyond that, it's useless. cause if you're a fan of anything but teh vaniel soap opera hour, there's nothing else in there.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    That's kind of how I handle it too. I have to view it as a separate series. Almost like when an author dies and they get someone to continue his series. Or I remember they did a bunch of books in Asimov's Robot universe with different authors, some were ok, but it wasn't Asimov.
                    Of course in this case the writers are the same...unless they're goa'ulds and S9 & 10 was part of a clever new torture technique...

I won't be home tonight but will tape Unending so I can watch it later. I feel no annoyance that I'll miss the "live" episode. Haven't really for most of S9-10. Like you, JessM, I consider Moebius the end of the real series. I still wish they had let the show/season go out on that episode.
                    Sorry for the OT
                    They (DoubleDay Publishing Books ?) did that to Asimov's "Foundation" series too (best sci-fi series IMHO) but I wouldn't recommend any of the sequels...

Comment

The way its written our options are to one believe this SG-1 is an alternate time line and our SG-1 died or believe the timeline was restored and our SG-1 has gone down the tubes.

Boy what a choice! I have just made myself depressed thinking about it.
                      Last edited by Rogue; 22 June 2007, 08:01 AM.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

What I'm looking forward to today is when SciFi shows Reckoning. The scene near the end that cuts to each of the four of them was brilliant IMO. I'll watch Unending, but my expectations are low.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I think my decision not to watch season 10 and not to see the further destruction of the universe has been useful. To me
                          Spoiler:
                          the asgard never die

Although S9 did hurt my drive for S1-S8 (and even more so for farscape). Rewatching the eps I have seen of the marathon has rekindled the fire. I watch some of these eps and think...this show is awesome, these are freaking amazing, I love this show. It really is night and day between Stargate Command and early SG-1. You can see the fall starting in some of the later SG-1s in S7 particularly but S8 had some really good eps and eps worthy of ending the series on.

I wonder if this marathon will backfire. How can unending possibly stand up to the likes of The Nox, The Light, The serpents Venom, The Lost City, Reckoning, Forever and a Day (now THATS a Daniel episode). I guess there is nothing to backfire on but the eps of S9-S10 are glaringly obviously bad and NON-Team based when you compare them to the classic real team eps of the earlier seasons.

The pond is where the show ended and where it should have ended. But sadly watching mobieus I came to the conclusions others have mentioned OUR SG-1 died in Egypt. Except for the lands of Fanfiction where they fixed the problems in mobieus and made it back, or didnt go at all.

Oh BTW in Mobieus part 2. You can see JACKSON in Daniel when the real daniel is found by the alternate SG1. But at the time I figured that was just the wear and tear of living alone with his best friends having been murdered. Maybe the spirit of THAT guy got into the current Jackson.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                            I think my decision not to watch season 10 and not to see the further destruction of the universe has been useful. To me
                            Spoiler:
                            the asgard never die

Although S9 did hurt my drive for S1-S8 (and even more so for farscape). Rewatching the eps I have seen of the marathon has rekindled the fire. I watch some of these eps and think...this show is awesome, these are freaking amazing, I love this show. It really is night and day between Stargate Command and early SG-1. You can see the fall starting in some of the later SG-1s in S7 particularly but S8 had some really good eps and eps worthy of ending the series on.

I wonder if this marathon will backfire. How can unending possibly stand up to the likes of The Nox, The Light, The serpents Venom, The Lost City, Reckoning, Forever and a Day (now THATS a Daniel episode). I guess there is nothing to backfire on but the eps of S9-S10 are glaringly obviously bad and NON-Team based when you compare them to the classic real team eps of the earlier seasons.

The pond is where the show ended and where it should have ended. But sadly watching mobieus I came to the conclusions others have mentioned OUR SG-1 died in Egypt. Except for the lands of Fanfiction where they fixed the problems in mobieus and made it back, or didnt go at all.

Oh BTW in Mobieus part 2. You can see JACKSON in Daniel when the real daniel is found by the alternate SG1. But at the time I figured that was just the wear and tear of living alone with his best friends having been murdered. Maybe the spirit of THAT guy got into the current Jackson.
                            You're right I thought he had to toughen up after the rest of the team died becasuse he was the only one left to carry on the fight and prepare the revolution against RA...

Comment

Amazing... all of SG-1, two Carters and Kawalski and they still ALL have something important to do. No wallpaper in sight.

As for the Asgard
                              "com'on you got to love those guys!!!"

Well unless your evil... not saying Coop is evil...but that would explain a lot with the drive to destroy all that was good and pure that is...but I am not saying it.
                              Last edited by AGateFan; 22 June 2007, 08:58 AM.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                Amazing... all of SG-1, two Carters and Kawalski and they still ALL have something important to do. No wallpaper in sight.

As for the Asgard
                                "com'on you got to love those guys!!!"

Well unless your evil... not saying Coop is evil...but that would explain a lot with the drive to destroy all that was good and pure that is...but I am not saying it.
                                No not evil, maybe narrow sighted, only seeing the new and improved Stargate Command and having blinders on to the real SG1
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X