Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Not sure what you mean.
    My point is NOTHING was effectivly resolved onscreen in the last 2 years unless it was specifically related to the new show...and even then they took a lot of leaps in logic and let the viewers fill the rest in. You know sometimes, especially with alien\monster special effects you cant do, letting people use their imaginations is a good idea....but to write yourself into a corner and just ignore it or doing a cut away and coming back and having it resolved (looking at atlantis in this instance) or beaming out all the time, is a really crpy way to make a show. The writers have got to do SOME work for the fans. The fans shouldnt have to make up a backstory for the team breaking up or where O'neill is or why he may have taken Hammonds job or, or, or...oye

They have always had plotholes, but now it seems they are gigantic sinkholes that have sucked away the foundation of the show.
    Last edited by AGateFan; 20 June 2007, 05:08 PM. Reason: because I cant make up my mind
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

coop can be a great writer. sateda was marvelous

but as a show runner?

he seems to have an obsession with boobs, butts and bombs
      he seems to have an issue with women as anything but cliches
      he loves to sacrifice the characters to make a weak plot work

for example

in PU
      Spoiler:
      we're honestly supposed to believe that vala depopulated the promie all by herself??? with all those nice trained marines on board?

in insiders
      Spoiler:
      we're honestly supposed to believe that sam gave baal all he needed instead of at least trying to trick him?

in bounty
      Spoiler:
      we're supposed to accept that cam's reunion can be crashed by aliens?

in family ties
      Spoiler:
      we're supposed to believe that the sgc was not only stupid enough to let vala's daddy live on earth but they couldn't stop him from fleecing anyone he could?

he's depended way too much on the plot device of the week. instead of our heroes actually thinking htier way out of things, we have just in time beam outs and 30 second wrap ups and deus ex machina of the week

he can kick tushie as a writer...but, imho, as a show runner, he focuses too much on the short term and forgets the long term. he also screws the characters over to make them fit his plot, instead of making his writers write a story that fits the characters
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

but as a show runner?

for example

in PU
        Spoiler:
        we're honestly supposed to believe that vala depopulated the promie all by herself??? with all those nice trained marines on board?

in insiders
        Spoiler:
        we're honestly supposed to believe that sam gave baal all he needed instead of at least trying to trick him?

in bounty
        Spoiler:

in family ties
        Spoiler:
        we're supposed to believe that the sgc was not only stupid enough to let vala's daddy live on earth but they couldn't stop him from fleecing anyone he could?

he's depended way too much on the plot device of the week. instead of our heroes actually thinking htier way out of things, we have just in time beam outs and 30 second wrap ups and deus ex machina of the week

he can kick tushie as a writer...but, imho, as a show runner, he focuses too much on the short term and forgets the long term. he also screws the characters over to make them fit his plot, instead of making his writers write a story that fits the characters
        I definitly agree. Sg-1 has changed significantly since he was put in charge.(and not for the better).
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          I definitly agree. Sg-1 has changed significantly since he was put in charge.(and not for the better).
          For me the "new show" is an AU or Alternate timeline - remember in "Moebius 2" there was a fish in Jack's pond and apparently the "close enough" is not "good enough"

Comment

Given the way S9& 10 went, the idea of a new series turns me off. I doubt I'll watch it. Friday's episode was ok, but not great IMHO. I thought the whole
            Spoiler:
            giving Vala a false memory was glossed over too quickly--as if it was just business as usual.
            I'm not sure how psyched I'd be about a new series either at this point, but having endured S9 & S10, I figure anything's worth a look, since ANYTHING has the potential to better than that

Comment

and it's a good and valid point
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                For me the "new show" is an AU or Alternate timeline - remember in "Moebius 2" there was a fish in Jack's pond and apparently the "close enough" is not "good enough"
                I hold to that theory too, but it still makes it difficult to watch. What ever they did in the past that gave us this screwed up version of SG-1 I hope they change it back in BW movie.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                  My point is NOTHING was effectivly resolved onscreen in the last 2 years unless it was specifically related to the new show.... The fans shouldnt have to make up a backstory for the team breaking up or where O'neill is or why he may have taken Hammonds job or, or, or...oye
                  Oh, indeed. I get you now. I was thinking there was something other than the 2 of them falling off the face of the earth that you were referring to. The handling of O'Neill in particular was criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

but as a show runner?

for example

in PU
                    Spoiler:

in insiders
                    Spoiler:

in bounty
                    Spoiler:

in family ties
                    Spoiler:

Excellent examples. I refuse to watch PU again--it's an embarrassment, IMHO.

And in Insiders the whole thing seems to be set up so that
                    Spoiler:
                    there could be a shootout at the end. Now Sam did give the alert & she did slow the download to buy time, but in the past we would have seen her do more. Sam locked in a storage room and she just sits there? come on. At least they put her in a room that looked like a file room, so we could see there wasn't much for her to work with. But this is the same woman who *made* a radio out of an internal com system & stray parts in Prometheus. And don't get me started on the de-clawing of Baal.

Comment

Excellent examples. I refuse to watch PU again--it's an embarrassment, IMHO.

And in Insiders the whole thing seems to be set up so that
                      Spoiler:
                      there could be a shootout at the end. Now Sam did give the alert & she did slow the download to buy time, but in the past we would have seen her do more. Sam locked in a storage room and she just sits there? come on. At least they put her in a room that looked like a file room, so we could see there wasn't much for her to work with. But this is the same woman who *made* a radio out of an internal com system & stray parts in Prometheus. And don't get me started on the de-clawing of Baal.
                      and don't forget how they seemed to forget to lay much of the blame on Landry.

Spoiler:
                      He has a high ranking officer taken hostage and he doesn't lock out her command codes and access to the computer Come on you're a General in charge of a top secret facility how can you not do the basics?????
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ok I am in a funny mood so I came bearing gifts I found this comforting in another thread

I thought some of you would like this and need it and will use it
                        I have joined the Anti group in other threads so I am one of you now.
                        Please don't flame me
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          ok I am in a funny mood so I came bearing gifts I found this comforting in another thread

Please don't flame me
                          How can we flame you for bringing us furniture Now we just have to worry about who's sitting on who's lap
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Please don't flame me
                            where's the popcorn? We need food and booze!
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              How can we flame you for bringing us furniture Now we just have to worry about who's sitting on who's lap

I'm wondering if "parking tickets" may ensue. Some maybe doubled/tripled parked on the sofa.

Comment

[http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ticouchup7.jpg
                                Please don't flame me
                                LOL!

Somehow, though, this couch seems more... fitting...
                                http://revjim.net/2006/06/02/free-or-best-offer/
                                (and I'm *not* flaming this thread... I'm actually spending more time lurking here (and agreeing) than on most other threads)

Comment

Working...
                                X