X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i equate a lot of s9 and 10 the same way i do Unending
    buzzkill!

Nah, I totally see where you're coming from.

Comment

when i watched unending...ok it was decent as an epsode...but as a finale????

flatter than a pancake.

no emotion, no drama, just folks saying their lines in a story designed to be cheap since it used a standing set

it wasn't quite as bad as the quantum leap finale or the forever knight finale...largely because it was a finale in name only, but it left me with a ripped off feeling
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i equate a lot of s9 and 10 the same way i do Unending

It's like i got this pretty easter basket that someone had spent weeks raving about how great and super it was. then i get it and open it and...instead of a solid chocolate bunny i have a hollow bunny made of 'chocolately flavored' substance, and discover that most of the interior of the basket is full of cheap plastic grass and an empty box used to fill up the void and make it look like there was more in there than there really was.

In other words, i feel like i got the bait and switch and when i expected quality, i instead got a cheap rip off immitation that looks glittery from a distance but upon closer examination is nothing more than tin foil
        My expectation level has dropped quite a bit so I am not surprised about Unending. You would have thought that they would have wanted to end on a high note with fans eagerly waiting for the movie and new series. But as it stands now, i could care less about RCC movie and even less about the new series. RCC and companies brand of Stargate has pretty much weened me off the series. Two years ago I would have bought and watched anything that had to do with Stargate, now I could care less.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

you woulda thought, instead the impression i got was

dude, we have two movies so why bother to wrap things upnow??? we just need to kill an hour and get it over with.

cause, imho, that's all it was. there was one little thing - one deus ex machina - to put into place for the movies and possibly for atlantis (a get out of trouble free card) and once that 5 minute segment was over, the rest was a simple killing of time

sigpic

Comment

dude, we have two movies so why bother to wrap things upnow??? we just need to kill an hour and get it over with.

cause, imho, that's all it was. there was one little thing - one deus ex machina - to put into place for the movies and possibly for atlantis (a get out of trouble free card) and once that 5 minute segment was over, the rest was a simple killing of time
            Killing time and the fan base all in one fell swoop!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

So the recent syndication ratings of SG-1 and Atlantis were posted here.

Interesting results, for sure. I remember when SG-1 was getting 1.3s and 1.4s (and higher?).

Comment

Stargate SG-1 was the answer (question) on (College)Jeopardy last night and only one person had a clue - He said Stargate, Alex wanted more and he said Stargate Atlantis. The worst part was they showed the gate open and the team proceed up the ramp but it was Mitchell. Even Jeopardy nerds don't know from Stargate - is there any hope?
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  Stargate SG-1 was the answer (question) on (College)Jeopardy last night and only one person had a clue - He said Stargate, Alex wanted more and he said Stargate Atlantis. The worst part was they showed the gate open and the team proceed up the ramp but it was Mitchell. Even Jeopardy nerds don't know from Stargate - is there any hope?
                  LOL! A question I finally knew the answer to and I missed it! So if it had been RDA, I bet he would have gotten right.(no offense to BB)
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                    LOL! A question I finally knew the answer to and I missed it! So if it had been RDA, I bet he would have gotten right.(no offense to BB)
                    Haha, I think the fact the contestant only said "Stargate" the first time suggests that he's not all that familiar with either series to me. I'd bet that Stargate Atlantis was probably the first things that came to his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      Haha, I think the fact the contestant only said "Stargate" the first time suggests that he's not all that familiar with either series to me. I'd bet that Stargate Atlantis was probably the first things that came to his mind.
                      Actually, I have been watching this show since Showtime and I always thought of it as Stargate. I guess I always subconsciously thought the Stargate was the star of the show.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

well, rick called it the coolest prop on tv

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I don't know. I would assume if he knew Atlantis he would be somewhat familar with the Stargate series.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                            Hmm, I don't know. I would assume if he knew Atlantis he would be somewhat familar with the Stargate series.
                            Enough to be able to tell the difference, just because RDA is in the shot?

I'm bummed I missed the ep, though! I meant to watch it last night. It's not every day scifi geeky questions are asked... just generally geeky questions.

Comment

An hour is not all they killed but some of the flavor of the stargate universe. But then again they have been killing that flavor for 2 years so might as well go for the BIG Saurakraut change in the final show.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

So the recent syndication ratings of SG-1 and Atlantis were posted here.

Interesting results, for sure. I remember when SG-1 was getting 1.3s and 1.4s (and higher?).
                                I wonder if they will ever publish last weeks results for non syndication.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X