S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    one would think so. in any case I am still trying to figure out why this show appears to go out of its way to alienate the long time fans and confuse the new ones.
    Confuse the new ones is right. A few newbies--here and there--have made post asking, "Who was Jack?"
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
      I was so looking forward to seeing Jack O'Neill in the shower talking about a weird dream he had.
      That's an episode that would bring back many of those lost viewers, and even make me forgive TPTB for the crud of S9. *wanders off to think about Jack in the shower*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Oh, no--they tried to make him Jack's in 200.
        There's no way Mitchell is Jack's mistake.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          Don't get me started on that one.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Sadly, I think Jack's part in the second movie will be probably no more than 3-4 minutes. Jack, Janet, Hammond, Thor are all the past....who needs them?
            I'm holding onto the hope that TPTB wouldn't fly RDA up to Antarctica for 3 or 4 lines. I really hope he has a part to play in the second film like everyone else. Seeing him, Daniel, Sam and Cameron work together to solve the problem would be cool to me...especially if Continuum is the last film where the whole cast is together.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
              Why wouldn’t Carter ask about her brother, or her father, Cassie or Jack when she finds out she’s in an AU? Or Janet, or all those SG1 teams from last season? Or about her counterpart? After all, she might just have killed one of the geeky Sam’s that came through the Gate in Ripple Effect? Plus, everyone, including ‘our’ Sam, just seemed to be fine with their Carter being thoroughly dead, and our Carter having done it. (Oops, my bad – no worries.) Sam used to be much sharper, more thoughtful and a heck of a lot more compassionate than that.
              Good point. But you see that would have slowed down the story with references to a (non shiny new) character's history.

Comment

Confuse the new ones is right. A few newbies--here and there--have made post asking, "Who was Jack?"
                Aaargh! The pain!

maybe we can educate them.

Comment

i do agree that we don't need whole episodes dedicated to jack and cassie and janet. they're off teh show and so be it

but it is very painfully obvious when there are perfect times to mention them and they're ignored that it is like tptb want to ignore the show's past and history.

do i need a whole episode of jack setting down? no. but a frelling MENTION of where he is and what he's doing wuold be nice. just ike, in ripple effect...dude, AU bonanza with the return of a character from the dead...and her traumatic death isn't even mentioned.

talk about missed opportunities

Certainly they don't need to 'live' in the show's past, but it woud be nice if they'd acknowledge it every once in a while
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    yeah. i don't know if it's banking on a pair, or if it's 'they're so easy/fun' and the writers - overworked and stressed - stick to the easy to crank out banter and, given the general attitude that i perceive...a basically rudderless ship of writers careening along...since there doesn't seem to be anyone who's a continuity/quality control, no one notices or has time to care that rod has ranted for 8 of the last 10, or that the shep and rod hour has turned teyla and ronon into wallpaper, or that sam is frequenty made to be stupid to make plots work, etc, etc,

they just seem to settle into their groove, on sga the shep and rod banter hour, on sg1 the vaniel burlesque hour, and kinda forget that they're supposed to be writing for ALL the characters
                    We've all known shows that get into a rut--maybe a minor character is a hit in his/her brief stint, then becomes a regular and sometimes takes over the show, or two characters develop a routine, it seemed to be funny, so then too often the writers get lazy and this routine, or former minor character are pushed into the forefront much of the time, often to the detriment of the content of the show(it may be that network in question told them to do the pushing.) Like you said maybe it's just too easy to keep on with it. In some cases the ratings seemed to depend on this stuff, content be damned.

Comment

Perhaps he was Teal'c's.

Comment

Perhaps he was Teal'c's.
                        TPTB's.

Though he does look a little like Daniel...

Comment

TPTB's.

Though he does look a little like Daniel...
                          Oh, so it wasn't Jack in 1969 getting into trouble...it was Danny I guess he just doesn't have a girl on every planet, he one in every decade
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Oh, so it wasn't Jack in 1969 getting into trouble...it was Danny I guess he just doesn't have a girl on every planet, he one in every decade
                            On the bright side, he and Mitchell (Jackson Junior?) will be able to freak people out at the SGC Father-Son Picnic and if the prospect of Cam as a future stepson doesn't make Vala abandon any and all thoughts of pairing up with Daniel, nothing will.

Comment

Now I *like* that theory - it fits the circumstances and results so nicely...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                LMAO

On the bright side, he and Mitchell (Jackson Junior?) will be able to freak people out at the SGC Father-Son Picnic and if the prospect of Cam as a future stepson doesn't make Vala abandon any and all thoughts of pairing up with Daniel, nothing will.
                                Vala would just do both. Think of the possibility. Having both Daniel and Cammie. She wouldn't have to worry which one was the father of her child--the kid will look like its father anyway.

Oh, maybe there was a reason for the pink handcuffs after all. Vala is into bondage for a reason. Hmm, maybe there was a reason why Cam was running so much in the final.

Cam jogging and checks watch: Is it my turn yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X