S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it's even more fun whern the aliens know earth slang.

it struck me in quest 2 when adria was looking for 'addresses'

addresses is a HUMAN term and stems from teh parallel of the postal system. i don't imagine that they have postal systems out in the universe, thus adria shouldn't be using a term like 'address'...she should have referred to the 'address' on the dhd as destination or location or series of glyphs or combination or some such generic word

[red]i find it sloppy writing and kin to teal'c using 'd'uh'[/red]
    I thought Sam said "D'oh" in LITS !? And at least that's believable as Jack likes "Simpsons" and maybe "D'oh" is a proof for Sam/Jack ship/friendship and/or Jack/Teal'c friendship.

Comment

yeah, sam using it isn't an issue. Teal'c - after 10 years - using some isn't an issue...but aliens that have never been on earth shouldn't have any idea what d'oh means, or any other cultural referenc or slang. I think there are some instances in bounty where the bounty hunters just knew too much about earth for it to be believable
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, sam using it isn't an issue. Teal'c - after 10 years - using some isn't an issue...but aliens that have never been on earth shouldn't have any idea what d'oh means, or any other cultural referenc or slang. I think there are some instances in bounty where the bounty hunters just knew too much about earth for it to be believable
        The reference while the writers may think they are 'kwel' now, will, in a few years, make the show seem so very dated.
        The aliens using our slang is just absurd.
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
          The reference while the writers may think they are 'kwel' now, will, in a few years, make the show seem so very dated.
          The aliens using our slang is just absurd.
          That is what made me really nuts(well-what did you think RN stood for?) when
          Spoiler:
          Vala's dad came and visited and was able to use the slang and references and huh -what? where did he pick that up from?
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
            That is what made me really nuts(well-what did you think RN stood for?) when
            Spoiler:
            Vala's dad came and visited and was able to use the slang and references and huh -what? where did he pick that up from?
            Kosh, "If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die"
            Maybe that's how Stargate will end - our heroes, led by the intrepid Mitchell, will trip off to Z'ha'dum looking for new technology and find cancellation!
            sigpic
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Maybe that's how Stargate will end - our heroes, led by the intrepid Mitchell, will trip off to Z'ha'dum looking for new technology and find cancellation!
              rolling on floor!
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

KOSH!!!!
                dude, it's been so long. how's it hanging man???

sigpic

Comment

snerched from the gateworld article:

Spoiler:
                  Cooper reached back not only to the first season of Stargate SG-1 in conceiving the story, but to his own childhood as well. "My dad took me to see Jaws when I was seven years old. I was seven. There's a line in the script: one of McKay's histories is that his dad read him 'Moby Dick' when he was seven years old. The line was: 'What was the man thinking?!'"

well....that explains everything.

Comment

snerched from the gateworld article:

Spoiler:
                    Cooper reached back not only to the first season of Stargate SG-1 in conceiving the story, but to his own childhood as well. "My dad took me to see Jaws when I was seven years old. I was seven. There's a line in the script: one of McKay's histories is that his dad read him 'Moby Dick' when he was seven years old. The line was: 'What was the man thinking?!'"

well....that explains everything.
                    Oh I thought his dad took him to see Plan Nine from Outer Space
                    sigpic

Comment

child was severely warped by the experience

Comment

i thought it was Wasp Woman and the Gila Monster

sigpic

Comment

From what we've seen of Vala, I think he's been watching "Debbie Does Dallas".
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            From what we've seen of Vala, I think he's been watching "Debbie Does Dallas".
                            *picture me spitting out my ice tea on the screen and laughing hysterically

Comment

*picture me spitting out my ice tea on the screen and laughing hysterically
                              Geez pittsburghgirl, you got me all wet
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Geez pittsburghgirl, you got me all wet
                                *hands towel and apologizes profusely
                                *sniff
                                Wasn't all my fault-i had help

Comment

Working...
                                X