S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
    We would be in danger of alcohol poisoning!
    Zoser right, we would be sick before the opening credits finished.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Essential for watching rest of S10
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Babylon 5 used to do that and hand them out at Christmas or wrap parties. I'd think something similar here. It'd be like a home movie - but of work.

LOL Perhaps a request to TPTB. They could say ooooh! Look how well S10/the movies sold! when all we are doing is getting the bloopers.

Putting them on Continuum would be perfect. Release them at the official end of SG-1. Because I don't see them doing well enough for more.

suse
        They will release them when they need the DVD sales to be better, hoping to get the Classic fans.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Oh wow. All that would take is 5 sips. I have ZERO tolerance. Must remember to get some for the rest of the season.

Or perhaps some Kaluah. Makes great shakes.

Or a nice pint of hard cider.

Choices, choices.

Wonder if TPTB know people have been driven to drink to watch?

suse
          Maybe thats the problem. Maybe they own stock in those companies.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Very very nice snark. And true - which makes it even better.

snark +snark = suse with the giggles
            I must say, your new sig is quite nice. I would green you for it but the frig is locked.

Comment

Oh wow. All that would take is 5 sips. I have ZERO tolerance. Must remember to get some for the rest of the season.

Or perhaps some Kaluah. Makes great shakes.

Or a nice pint of hard cider.

Choices, choices.

Wonder if TPTB know people have been driven to drink to watch?

suse
              Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              Essential for watching rest of S10
              Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              Maybe thats the problem. Maybe they own stock in those companies.
              Newly added to the SG1 opening credits: Warning do not watch Stargate SG1 and drive!
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                They will release them when they need the DVD sales to be better, hoping to get the Classic fans.
                That was my thought/suggestion.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

OT here.

I nned a Sanctuary blurb for my sig. But I couldn't resist quoting Coop. <<<---

Any ideas for a short one?

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

more to milk every lack buck out of us

I fully expect 'specially remastered' versions to be released, likely as a whole series huge box set with a few new specials that they'll pimp (like putting the uk ones on the us dvd's and the us specials on the uk dvd's) so that they can see if they can get folks to buy all 10 seasons again to make some more money off it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      more to milk every lack buck out of us

I fully expect 'specially remastered' versions to be released, likely as a whole series huge box set with a few new specials that they'll pimp (like putting the uk ones on the us dvd's and the us specials on the uk dvd's) so that they can see if they can get folks to buy all 10 seasons again to make some more money off it
                      I ithnk we'd find..ways around that. Though I'd probably buy the seasons without the commentaries. If I knew they were done well.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

LOLOL

or they come across an enigmatic race with pointed ears and pushed-up boobs in cat suits???
                        If we're pitching such ideas to anyone in particular, we should at least do it right. I recommend a crossover with the Marvel Universe.

- Sam can kick around a few tech ideas with Iron Man

- Spider-woman can use her pheremones to walk the Hewo off a cliff

- Jack becomes head of SHIELD and swipes Nick Fury's eyepatch, just for kicks

- Vala can be mistaken for the Scarlet Witch reincarnate, and then we unleash a vengeful Hawkeye on her

- Daniel can go to Marvel's version of Atlantis, and enjoy the famed 'hospitality' of Prince Namor.

- Sheppard gets to meet the Fantastic Four.

- Rodney wows Tarantula with his technological expertise...

- The Bori are swallowed by Galactus

- Weir negotiates a peace between home superior and homo sapiens

- Landry is arrested under the Superhuman Registration Act for improper use of exotic technology -- allowing Mitchell to use the Stargate, thus inflicting Hewoics upon countless worlds.

- Spiderman is recruited to the SGC

Comment

slight problem with that though....marvel protects their copyrights and likey wouldn't take too kindly to being copied homaged

then again, the ensuing law suit would probably count as free publicicy
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

"Newly added to the SG1 opening credits: Warning do not watch Stargate SG1 and drive!"

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

enough booze and anything is funny
                              That explains why I don't like Seasons Nine and Ten - I don't drink.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                                "Newly added to the SG1 opening credits: Warning do not watch Stargate SG1 and drive!"

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X