No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear about the obscene amount of suckage in this finale. I suppose I should be glad I wasn't there to see it...but I still feel a little sad. What's worse though is...

Spoiler:
    They killed off the Asgard?!?! WTF?? Somebody send me a PM explaining all, 'cause I'm lost, LOL. And a little scaired...

Well, it's over then. Hail and Farewell, SG1. What can I say?
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
      I'd like to find one myself. I do feel bad for the S/J shippers

I've also heard about some mythical scene between Sam and Daniel. If the existence of such a thing can be proven, I wouldn't mind having that tacked on as well.
      I'll write you a good Sam/Danny ending. Something...classic.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Like everyone else ( and coming from me I'm sure it won't sound like much but)

i am a little disappointed for the Jack/Sam shippers

TPTB built jack and Sam up so much in season 8 and every since there's been noting ..not even in unending.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
          I agree, Long Live Repeats. Also Long Live DVD's from seasons 1-8!!
          Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          Long live Classic SG-1. S1-S8 the good show that setup the record even if TPTB wouldnt let them cross the finish line.
          Dittos on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            I'll write you a good Sam/Danny ending. Something...classic.
            Thanks, would really appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              Family Ties, on the other hand... Well, there are some redeeming parts throughout that episode, again depending on what makes or breaks an ep for you.
              Heh, I heard that the best part of that ep was at the very end, but I'm betting that skiffy will censor it out. Really, when people started the Lucius comparisons I knew watching that ep would give me a world of hurt...

Comment

I loved SG-1, was addicted to it since I saw the first season in syndication. Seasons 9/10 except for a few episodes were terrible.

Spoiler:
                Why the hell would they have shipper episode as the finale

Killing off the azgard was just stupidity. I fear SGA doesn't much time left
                Last edited by Hypochondriac; 13 March 2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

My Dad after watching the second part of Moebius (finally) said that he wishes it ended after season 8. He said that those were the good episodes,
                  (Seasons 1-8), then came the bad ones he's seen so far.

Comment

JessM you said you needed a barf bucket?

Here's a special one for you

warning spoler pic attached

Spoiler:

and for everyone else who needs it
                    Last edited by Mandysg1; 13 March 2007, 06:37 PM.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Welcome to the thread, hypochondriac. I agree with you. I watched S9 mostly out of habit as well as part of S10, mostly with the small hope that it would get better... but I was wrong ...and with that ending...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        JessM you said you needed a barf bucket?

Here's a special one for you

Spoiler:
                        http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8366/buckets3gb5.png

and for everyone else who needs it
                        *grin* Thanks Mandy, it'll definitely be put to good use, especially after I saw that spoiler pic! *tries to scrub image from brain*

Comment

I suppose they had to end it the way they did. They have alienated all but one group of fans so they only really had to please that group. The shippers and us anti-shippers are unimportant only that new group of fans is important. And with that you might as well
                          Spoiler:
                          kill off the asgard because its not like those new fans know or care about Thor anyway.
                          The people who care were discarded a while ago the show is made only for the squeeling few now.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I feel pretty much the same way as most/everyone of you. It was okay ep I guess but in no way a good ending to the show. I sooooo wish that Moebius was the end, or even Threads would have been a really good series ending!

Spoiler:
                            Even though I kind of liked the beginning of the ep I was sad and angry that they killed of the Asgard. We haven't really seen them at all, in what feels like forever, and then Thor finally comes back just to be blown away.

I didn't really like this 50 years on the ship thing. I was hoping for the show to go out with a bang, but it got a bit boring there. And I seriously could have done without the D/V...thing. Even though they did resolve that ship and then taken away...how come they can't do that with a certain other ship on the show that has been going on for ages?! I feel sorry for all the Jack/Sam shippers that it never got resolved...

Nah, for me this show ended on a high note with S8...those episodes that brought a end to the whole Goa'uld/Replicator stories were really well done. A lot of character moments, drama and good action. I don't hate SciFi that they cancelled the show after S10...I hate them that they just had to continue after S8.

Though I have mixed feelings I have to admit. It's a long show that I have followed and now it's just gone. But at the same time, I didn't want it to continue with the current story and developments. Thank god for DVDs and they are airing the golden seasons on TV here now finally so can watch it every day.

Comment

I feel really bummed out this morning. I really no longer have a desire to even see the rest of season 10 now! Nor watch any of the movies.

Spoiler:
                              Killing of Thor and the Asgard was harder on me than I thought it would be. It's definitly not the way to end the series. Amazing how that one little movie just destroyed everything that was left of SG-1. The show is truely dead now.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yep. Now its like even after the first movie clears the Bori story there is still nothing to look forward too. Hard to think that there is much to look forward to in atlantis either. They will just continue to kill more characters so why get attached to any of them. The only thing they can do now is more and more damage. Its almost like they are trying to kill the "franchise". There is pretty much nothing left of the original stargate "franchise" and the new one is crp so its pretty much over.

If they had just ended it in S8 then in a couple of years they could have had a movie or something, but not now. Now they have gone to the trouble to kill it. There will be no more, no more worth watching at least.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X