S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desert fox View Post
    Hello everyone. I was thinking I was alone in thinking that last few seasons of Stargate series complately suck. I was coming here and reading reviews here for some time. Thank you for not feeling me alone
    Grab a beer and pull up a chair.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      yeah, it reeks of 'ok, this would be cool..but how would we 'fix' it if we get another season...oh, oh, i know. we'll make it time travel so we give ourselves a ready made reset switch so that we DON'T have to deal with the fallout and consequences
      Yep exactly, and we'll throw certain shippers and huge fans of certain characters a bone, but don't worry those who don't care for it/them - we just have to hit the reset button!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Welcome desert fox, and no you are not alone
        Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Grab a beer and pull up a chair.
        What they said Welcome, desert fox. I felt the same way before I found this thread. It is great to know that you're not alone, that it's not just you.

Comment

Originally posted by SionnachOghma View Post
          A comedy? What are we supposed to be laughing at?

Mostly S9 & S10 make me want to cry.

I've been laughing. But *at* the show, not with the quips. Actually what I've been laughing at is my (somewhat) witty Pythoning of much of S9. And a few choice eps of S10.

This 'woman with issues' is *still* raging about "our hero" "the new leading man" Cam. actually being given leadership of team SG-1.

Sexism hopefully subconscious sucks. Hey! It could happen! Look at Irresponsible. How could the B@B not see that as the equivelant of using a rape drug on his wives?

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            I've been laughing. But *at* the show, not with the quips. Actually what I've been laughing at is my (somewhat) witty Pythoning of much of S9. And a few choice eps of S10.

This 'woman with issues' is *still* raging about "our hero" "the new leading man" Cam. actually being given leadership of team SG-1.

Sexism hopefully subconscious sucks. Hey! It could happen! Look at Irresponsible. How could the B@B not see that as the equivelant of using a rape drug on his wives?

suse
            oh, yes, more Cam thunking Please!

Comment

In fact I haven't watching SG-1 since "Lost City" ( That is when I gave up hope. I mean , a carrier group destroyed , a huge battle over Antartica between spaceships occured and nobody else realized ? ) But reading about stupid roles of BB and CB just killed me. Farscape was perfect. Really perfect. But cancelling it in favor of silly seasons of SG-1 plus Atlantis and getting its stars for stupid roles in SG-1 was more than I could bear.

RDA made the right choice by leaving the show it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by desert fox View Post
                In fact I haven't watching SG-1 since "Lost City" ( That is when I gave up hope. I mean , a carrier group destroyed , a huge battle over Antartica between spaceships occured and nobody else realized ? ) But reading about stupid roles of BB and CB just killed me. Farscape was perfect. Really perfect. But cancelling it in favor of silly seasons of SG-1 plus Atlantis and getting its stars for stupid roles in SG-1 was more than I could bear.

RDA made the right choice by leaving the show it seems.
                Yea, a lot changes (for the bad) occured when Coop took the reigns of the show, and unfortuenately continued on into s9 and 10 his new brain child
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

there was a very definite shift from 'just MIGHT be happening' realism to 'let's have fun' spoofyness

Had the new show stood on its own, i likely coulda looked at it like Dr who...so campy that it's fun. however to alter the show's recipe so much, just didn't sit well with me. it was too much of an alteration for my tastes, adn my enjoyment of the show has faded more and more as they've camped it up
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                    Yep exactly, and we'll throw certain shippers and huge fans of certain characters a bone, but don't worry those who don't care for it/them - we just have to hit the reset button!
                    That is so true, time travel and alternate realities are the biggest cop out.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

theyre like the holodeck...cool if used sparingly

cliched if over used to teh point of becoming a staple
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I had to come in here having just seen unending and it was terrible IMO. I would go so far as to say the worst ever ep, and I don't say that lightly.

Spoiler:
                        The team were stuck on the ship for like 50 years and yes Daniel and Vala kissed, and were together pretty much the whole time.
                        There was plenty of icky shippiness thrown in, I haven't cringed so much at a stargate ep ever, I mean much as I am an anti shipper S/J ship had nothing on this, you just couldn't ignore it here, of course at the end they hit that magic reset button and went back in time and only Teal'c remembers what happened.

And they effectively killed off the Asgard which I can't forgive them for, how can they do that to Thor No suprises but they didn't even mention Jack once, I mean come on the final ep ever and this is what they come up with.

To be honest after seeing that I'm glad the show was cancelled, I just don't care anymore, the team that I started watching the show for is long gone, and I really can't care about the movies either. As far as I'm concerned the Real SG1 got stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebius and this lot are just clones. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood, I know it's just a TV show

RIP Stargate SG1

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                          I had to come in here having just seen unending and it was terrible IMO. I would go so far as to say the worst ever ep, and I don't say that lightly.

Spoiler:
                          The team were stuck on the ship for like 50 years and yes Daniel and Vala kissed, and were together pretty much the whole time.
                          There was plenty of icky shippiness thrown in, I haven't cringed so much at a stargate ep ever, I mean much as I am an anti shipper S/J ship had nothing on this, you just couldn't ignore it here, of course at the end they hit that magic reset button and went back in time and only Teal'c remembers what happened.

And they effectively killed off the Asgard which I can't forgive them for, how can they do that to Thor No suprises but they didn't even mention Jack once, I mean come on the final ep ever and this is what they come up with.

To be honest after seeing that I'm glad the show was cancelled, I just don't care anymore, the team that I started watching the show for is long gone, and I really can't care about the movies either. As far as I'm concerned the Real SG1 got stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebius and this lot are just clones. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood, I know it's just a TV show

RIP Stargate SG1

I read the thread. I must say, I'm disapointed with the Asgard plot twist. especially since Thor was supposed to be in one of the the movies. The whole thing sounded very shippy and then they did the magic reset button in a vain attempt not to piss of the non shippers.

Spoiler:
                          Gaining the asgard technology is a shot in the foot. Now, they will have even more reasons to time travel and such. Thus, screwing with the show in the movies even more.

I will probably watch the episode--but not go out of my way to see it.

I agree the show ended for me in season 8.

long live repeats! So say we all!
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The series finale sounds very similar to Moebius.
                            Spoiler:
                            Stuff happens to the team. Except it really doesn't. Time travel/AU, suckas!!

Also, it features Vaniel. That's a big slam right there, IMO.

Now, I haven't watched any of the second half of s10. Would anyone be so kind as to recommend what to watch and what to avoid once it hits the US?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              The series finale sounds very similar to Moebius.
                              Spoiler:
                              Stuff happens to the team. Except it really doesn't. Time travel/AU, suckas!!

Also, it features Vaniel. That's a big slam right there, IMO.

Now, I haven't watched any of the second half of s10. Would anyone be so kind as to recommend what to watch and what to avoid once it hits the US?
                              I'd watch "The Shroud," mainly because of Jack.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                I read the thread. I must say, I'm disapointed with the Asgard plot twist. especially since Thor was supposed to be in one of the the movies. The whole thing sounded very shippy and then they did the magic reset button in a vain attempt not to piss of the non shippers.
                                And yet, they pissed off the shippers by
                                Spoiler:
                                having Daniel and Vala hook up. Whether they remember or not, they still did us S/J shippers wrong

I will probably watch the episode--but not go out of my way to see it.

I agree the show ended for me in season 8.

long live repeats! So say we all!
                                Absolutely. S9 and 10 never occurred. That was a spin-off that got cancelled quickly. SG-1 ended with the true team fishing in Minnesota.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X