S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
    I had to come in here having just seen unending and it was terrible IMO. I would go so far as to say the worst ever ep, and I don't say that lightly.

Spoiler:
    The team were stuck on the ship for like 50 years and yes Daniel and Vala kissed, and were together pretty much the whole time.
    There was plenty of icky shippiness thrown in, I haven't cringed so much at a stargate ep ever, I mean much as I am an anti shipper S/J ship had nothing on this, you just couldn't ignore it here, of course at the end they hit that magic reset button and went back in time and only Teal'c remembers what happened.

And they effectively killed off the Asgard which I can't forgive them for, how can they do that to Thor No suprises but they didn't even mention Jack once, I mean come on the final ep ever and this is what they come up with.

To be honest after seeing that I'm glad the show was cancelled, I just don't care anymore, the team that I started watching the show for is long gone, and I really can't care about the movies either. As far as I'm concerned the Real SG1 got stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebius and this lot are just clones. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood, I know it's just a TV show

RIP Stargate SG1
    Spoiler:
    I'm exactly the same way right now even though I won't see it until tonight or tomorrow. It sucks that I can't look forward to it.

What is it with them feeling the need to kill off a major character and/or race at the end of every season?! It's NOT interesting because it's already been done so many times. I guess we can count ourselves lucky that they didn't kill Bra'tac since he's practically the only one outside of the team to survive the series.

I HATE that there was so much D/V. I'm like you in that I hated S/J too but seriously at least they weren't so shoved in my face and like you said, it could still be ignored. It didn't take away from the whole team like D/V did. Plus TPTB did the same old lame "let's forget it all in the end" thing that they do all the time except to me it was worse than Moebius because at least Moebius had more team to it. If this is what I would have had to watch had there been another season then I'm thankful that it was cancelled. Like I said in another thread too, they did that lame, annoying cliche where they "fight then...get together (keeping it PG)". Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
      And yet, they pissed off the shippers by
      Spoiler:
      having Daniel and Vala hook up. Whether they remember or not, they still did us S/J shippers wrong

Absolutely. S9 and 10 never occurred. That was a spin-off that got cancelled quickly. SG-1 ended with the true team fishing in Minnesota.
      As a J/S shipper, it will be a cold day in hell before I watch anything that is written or produced by RCC.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        As a J/S shipper, it will be a cold day in hell before I watch anything that is written or produced by RCC.
        I applauded him for writing "Threads." He had such potential. Once he got to write for a character that he essentially created, he let the core characters and relationships crumble for this "exciting" character. Well, he can keep that exciting character. I'm sticking to what's believable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
          I had to come in here having just seen unending and it was terrible IMO. I would go so far as to say the worst ever ep, and I don't say that lightly.

Spoiler:
          The team were stuck on the ship for like 50 years and yes Daniel and Vala kissed, and were together pretty much the whole time.
          There was plenty of icky shippiness thrown in, I haven't cringed so much at a stargate ep ever, I mean much as I am an anti shipper S/J ship had nothing on this, you just couldn't ignore it here, of course at the end they hit that magic reset button and went back in time and only Teal'c remembers what happened.

And they effectively killed off the Asgard which I can't forgive them for, how can they do that to Thor No suprises but they didn't even mention Jack once, I mean come on the final ep ever and this is what they come up with.

To be honest after seeing that I'm glad the show was cancelled, I just don't care anymore, the team that I started watching the show for is long gone, and I really can't care about the movies either. As far as I'm concerned the Real SG1 got stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebius and this lot are just clones. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood, I know it's just a TV show

RIP Stargate SG1
          WTF!?!?!?
          Spoiler:
          They killed off the Asgard? What about freaking Atlantis and Hermy? I freaking HATE TPTB if this is true. They are freaking useless
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
            I applauded him for writing "Threads." He had such potential. Once he got to write for a character that he essentially created, he let the core characters and relationships crumble for this "exciting" character. Well, he can keep that exciting character. I'm sticking to what's believable.
            Well like you said in a earlier post, S8 was really the ending of Sg-1. S9 - S10 is Stargate command. It flopped after two uneventful seasons.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I've yet to see Unending, but just from reading about it, there is no way I will watch it

(spoilers)

Spoiler:
              That fact that they kill off the Asgard... WTH???

And of course the totally sickening Vaniel stuff... I mistakenly clicked on a spoiler tag and saw a picture of them kissing. I swear I felt the vomit rising up into my throat.

What makes it worse is that there is no interaction between the Big 3... maybe one scene with Daniel and Sam (where he was most likely rude or indifferent toward her), but nothing with the three of them and no real team interaction. I find it all so laughable that tptb referred to this as a "team episode" becaue that's not what it sounds like to me. Oh, wait... the whole team is stuck together on a ship, so even if they're not all interacting with each other that still makes it "team."

The last episode and they couldn't pay any tribute to the friendships that have endured the longest. I am thoroughly disgusted.

ITA with everyone here who's said the show really ended in S8. This awful, awful finale just proves that we've been watching something completely different for two years.

UGH.

Comment

I do feel bad for the huge amoutn of Jack/Sam shippers. The Vaniel shippers got what they wanted. Yet, Jack/Sam only got a rediculas scene with the alternates in a puddle jumper while the REAL jack and Sam were dead.

I really wished the Vaniel was left out of the final but I knew they wouldn't.

I agree, season 9 and 10 was a bad spin off.

Taking out the Asgard was rather retarded. Not, sure if that will pan out good in the end.

RIP

highlight spiolers

Thor
                Janet Fraiser
                Jacob/Salmak
                the real SG-1
                Last edited by Jackie; 13 March 2007, 04:29 PM. Reason: spiolers
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  I do feel bad for the huge amoutn of Jack/Sam shippers. The Vaniel shippers got what they wanted. Yet, Jack/Sam only got a rediculas scene with the alternates in a puddle jumper while the REAL jack and Sam were dead.

I agree, season 9 and 10 was a bad spin off.
                  Spoiler:

Taking out the Asgard was rather retarted. Not, sure if that will pan out good in the end.

RIP

Thor

Janet Fraiser
                  Jacob/Salmak
                  the real SG-1
                  Martouf
                  The Tolland
                  Elliot
                  Prometheus
                  Col Checkoff
                  Joe (who was meant to die so at least that one was ok)
                  Daniel Jackson

Oh and lest we forget.
                  Grodin
                  Ford
                  Bates (ok maybe hes not dead but he is in the never to be seen again bowl with Jonas)
                  Spoiler:
                  Becket

Thank god Bratec at least survied.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well after reading the episode thread it reminds me of
                    Spoiler:
                    a mixture of Unnatural Selection and Moebius. I really don't like the fact that one of the five races are gone. But really pisses me off is MORE VANIEL..

Also I too wish it did end in Season 8.

Comment

yeah. a 2 year ship that DID impact on the TEAM got a resolution with all the great shippy scenes shippers like (even though it was reset), and the s/j shippers AFTER 10 YEARS are still waiting on that...

yeah, we're all feeling real good right now.

if i can find a kind samfan soul to just record the sam scenes, i won't have to watch this episode.

i didn't think they've leave it out either, i just didn't think it would be EVERYTHING in one ep.

Taking out the Asgard was rather retarted. Not, sure if that will pan out good in the end.
                      and what was the point of killing off the asgard again? is this another attempt for us to be made to forget/let go of anything pre season 9?

((( )))

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        The series finale sounds very similar to Moebius.
                        Spoiler:
                        Stuff happens to the team. Except it really doesn't. Time travel/AU, suckas!!

Also, it features Vaniel. That's a big slam right there, IMO.

Now, I haven't watched any of the second half of s10. Would anyone be so kind as to recommend what to watch and what to avoid once it hits the US?
                        I'd avoid Bad Guys at all costs. Depending on your level of tolerance for their idea of humor these days, Bounty might be OK (I thought it was OK). Family Ties, on the other hand... Well, there are some redeeming parts throughout that episode, again depending on what makes or breaks an ep for you.

I'd definitely watch TQII, LitS, TRNT and The Shroud.

I'm missing some eps... Hmmm...

ETA: Talion... There were some major "WTF?" moments there. Dominion was OK.

All in all, throw away eps pretty much include Bad Guys, Family Ties, Bounty. TRNT would've been a standalone too if they hadn't discussed certain things that are important to understanding Unending.

Comment

I read the thread. I must say, I'm disapointed with the Asgard plot twist. especially since Thor was supposed to be in one of the the movies. The whole thing sounded very shippy and then they did the magic reset button in a vain attempt not to piss of the non shippers.

Spoiler:
                          Gaining the asgard technology is a shot in the foot. Now, they will have even more reasons to time travel and such. Thus, screwing with the show in the movies even more.

I will probably watch the episode--but not go out of my way to see it.

I agree the show ended for me in season 8.

long live repeats! So say we all!
                          See, I guess the reset button thing wouldn't have ticked me off *quite* as much if they'd filled most of the remaining time with actual team scenes or good old friends interacting with each other. But apparently they did not do that.

You must have a stronger stomach than I. I really don't think I can bring myself to watch this. More power to you, though.

And I agree, Long Live Repeats!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            yeah. a 2 year ship that DID impact on the TEAM got a resolution with all the great shippy scenes shippers like (even though it was reset), and the s/j shippers AFTER 10 YEARS are still waiting on that...

yeah, we're all feeling real good right now.

if i can find a kind samfan soul to just record the sam scenes, i won't have to watch this episode.
                            I'd like to find one myself. I do feel bad for the S/J shippers

I've also heard about some mythical scene between Sam and Daniel. If the existence of such a thing can be proven, I wouldn't mind having that tacked on as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by JessM
                              And I agree, Long Live Repeats!!

I agree, Long Live Repeats. Also Long Live DVD's from seasons 1-8!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                                I agree, Long Live Repeats. Also Long Live DVD's from seasons 1-8!!
                                Long live Classic SG-1. S1-S8 the good show that setup the record even if TPTB wouldnt let them cross the finish line.

Comment

Working...
                                X