S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kazzyk
    The fact that it is all about the golden couple and whatever it is TPTB want to recreate--whether it is a form of Farscape or BB/CB back together again---I can not help but be confused by this?? They backseat the long time and well liked main characters and honestly think there is enough fans to go with them on this?

Is it just me? Because I just do not see it...............
    it is my not so humble opinion that they were trying to rewrite stargate history-season 9 was going to be the year of the the sam/jack what? and 10 was to be jack who?-unfortunately for them-they bit the hand that fed them too many times in season 9 and there was a revolt. The ratings went down, people weren't talking positive about the show and more importantly I believe-they were hit square in the pocket book.

TIIC tried to pull a fast one and got caught with their hand in the proverbial cookier jar or
    Spoiler:
    down their pants as the case maybe
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Run dry? When they're being extra super way totally CREATIVE by exploring these oft never ever before in the history of mankind explored plot possibilities?
      drat Shadow the evil lords of the greenstill won't let me greenya
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        it is my not so humble opinion that they were trying to rewrite stargate history-season 9 was going to be the year of the the sam/jack what? and 10 was to be jack who?-unfortunately for them-they bit the hand that fed them too many times in season 9 and there was a revolt. The ratings went down, people weren't talking positive about the show and more importantly I believe-they were hit square in the pocket book.

TIIC tried to pull a fast one and got caught with their hand in the proverbial cookier jar or
        Spoiler:
        down their pants as the case maybe
        I too think they got hit in the pocket book which is why we now have RDA the big ratings ploy.
        I wonder if it will work?????

I am still really angry they have messed up Stargate Mondays with BB and CB giving commentary--I can not help myself. I am going to have to just watch my DVD's

Comment

i can deal with them giving commentary. they're part of the show now

i do think that it would serve them better if bb and cb restrained thier comments to the future or to something that theywould know something about

i noticed something else in the clips last night....notice how jack heavy they were???? i mean we have a LOT of jack...especially to promote a show that he's no longer in
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I too think they got hit in the pocket book which is why we now have RDA the big ratings ploy.

I am still really angry they have messed up Stargate Mondays with BB and CB giving commentary--I can not help myself. I am going to have to just watch my DVD's
            It's funny I felt the same way - Hey whatca doing spoiling Monday night. Just the sight of them irritates me.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              It's funny I felt the same way - Hey whatca doing spoiling Monday night. Just the sight of them irritates me.
              I have to agree - by continually pushing them, even on classic Stargate that was not tainted with the stain of S9 before now, TIIC are making me resent the characters (and unfortunately now the actors) even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                It does--it really bugs me. On top of that--they have no clue and so we get to listen to CB going on about her experience in space being on a ship IE: Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i can deal with them giving commentary. they're part of the show now

i do think that it would serve them better if bb and cb restrained thier comments to the future or to something that theywould know something about

i noticed something else in the clips last night....notice how jack heavy they were???? i mean we have a LOT of jack...especially to promote a show that he's no longer in
                  Sky--I agree with you 99% of the time but sorry I really think they have no place giving commentary on the one night that is pure Stargate. It is like the new guy in the office giving the presentation of an employee who had been there for years.

I do agree if they must be there it would serve better if they spoke about the "new show" but I think that would still bug me

Jack heavy--yes--I noticed.

Comment

I doubt that TPTB are making the show or that Sci-Fi are showing it for the good of their health.

Depending on how well they advertise RDA's return, they could end up with a boost in the ratings for his episodes but unless they drastically improve virtually all aspects of the show, I don't see them keeping any of the viewers they draw back for the rest of the season; in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the ratings lowered even further after RDA is gone.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

it'll be a flash in the pan.

and, if the jack heavy promotion we've got going on is any indication, a heavily promoted flash in the pan

it's possible that they're finally realizing that, no matter how highly thought of BB and CB are and how talented they are, they'er not bringing that many fans into the show. RDA was and is a big draw. and when you couple that with a drastic change in show direction/writing, you end up with a very iffy product

sigpic

Comment

I think that they made too many changes to the show too quickly.

There was no opportunity for the fans to adjust to losing Jack's presence and no time given for the writers to master writing for Sam, Daniel and Teal'c without Jack around and to settle the team before Mitchell was shoved into the spotlight wearing a giant placard announcing to the world that he was a Real Hero, and Simply Wonderful.

Then, if that wasn't enough, Vala was thrown into the mix, wearing her own placard.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Down with placards.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Then, if that wasn't enough, Vala was thrown into the mix, wearing her own placard.

i thought it was leather????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i thought it was leather????
                              Maybe it was a leather placard.

Is that what they're calling it, now?

Comment

i always thought it was a bustier, but hey, times and terminology changes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X