No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know there is a big diference with laughing with the show, and laughing at how stupid the show has become I'm afraid they've lost it and can't get it back

Originally posted by Zoser
    And as for those who do not like Sam?????????????? I don't get it.
    Strong, smart and personality to boot - what's not to like????
    you see there are people out there who think that Sam saying anything takes screen time away from their most favourite, bestest character evah! They some how forget that is a team show, and not a singular character show
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Let's not worry about other fans huh?

let them like/dislike what they want
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        At least in Wormhole Extreme the team behaved in the same manner as they behave in a 'normal' episode. Unfortunately, in something like Bounty or Bad Guys, the team is behaving out of character, and are the jokes.
        Yep. That was my inept way of saying just that.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Still extremely OT-but since I shared my daughter's other piece of great news-thought I would also pass this on.

My daughter is a National Merit Scholar Finalist!

ain't that great?
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
            Still extremely OT-but since I shared my daughter's other piece of great news-thought I would also pass this on.

ain't that great?
            very cool!
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

ain't that great?
              Yes it is, congratulations

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes, congrats to your daughter, pittsburghgirl! That is quite an accomplishment!

Comment

ain't that great?

Congratulations.

Comment

Quote by Mandysg1 = You know there is a big diference with laughing with the show, and laughing at how stupid the show has become I'm afraid they've lost it and can't get it back

So true - I have been laughing at the show (and at TPTKSG-1) for quite some time now. Mallozzi's blog is one of the many things that makes me laugh - at the show and at the attitude of TPTKSG-1.

In some ways, IMO, they are simply to be pitied for their hubris and cluelessness. I am not sure how many times mallozzi has been asked about whether they take into account what fans say when they write and how many times he has now said that they write a show that "they" (referring to the people writing the show) would enjoy. Well THAT pretty much sums up for me how the drivel and puerile bunk that has been dropped upon the fans (at least the ones that stuck around through the crapfest that was S9 and the slightly better but not by much crapfest that is S10) came about. If they have been and are writing a show "they" would enjoy than the loss of fans and the cancellation are not really a surprise. This also seems very narrow-minded (hubris does that to people) as it would seem they would have been better off writing a show that the fan base they managed to build over the years would have enjoyed so that they would not have lost 30% of those fans they were able to bring in over the course of 8 years and, as a result, maybe they would not have lost the show. I find it absolutely fascinating that these guys still refuse to admit they made grave mistakes in S9 and have not really been able to right the ship in S10 (bounty and bad guys certainly sound like epsidoes they would have written for their own benefit so they could enjoy the puerile junk - oh well just as long as THEY like it).

He just did it again in his 2/17 blog:

Anonymous #8 writes: “Did TPTB make an intentional switch to write for a younger audience at the end of the 2003-2004 seasons?”

Answer: snip,snip In truth, there was no intentional switch in terms of series tone or the types of stories we tell. As always, it comes down to what ideas interest us.
                    Last edited by binkpmmc; 18 February 2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

yeah, well, glad they're interested.

too bad 30% of thier previously existing viewers don't share thier tastes.

sigpic

Comment

yeah, sad truth is it's totally up the them. i know there's nothing inherently wrong with that, i just wish it hadn't lost me my favorite show and some of my favorite actors a job.

you gotta wonder what made them fall change notswitch so quickly though.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

it IS totally up to them.

But, what they should realize, they're like a restaurant. they produce 'goods' that we consume. Now, say they're great fans of Onions. and they put onions in everything. mashed potatoes, corn, green beans,...cake

well good for htem. they're making something that they like.

but anyone that doesn't share their taste in onions, they're gonna find their customer base getting slimmer and slimmer and slimmer.

It's great to make things that you like. But, if you want to be a success, you need to find a balance between making things that you like along with things that a majority of your customers like

The broader your appeal, the greater your success

sigpic

Comment

So what are they saying, they didn’t like what they were making before? Because what they were making before is not what they are making now. And if you go to the trouble to build a clientele making one thing you cant just switch to something completely different and go "well we like this better so this is what you get" and expect to keep your clientele. That is just foolish and/or extremely short sighted.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

or a bit of hubris with a side order of arrogance tossed in

sigpic

Comment

my OPINION????

Gekko held them to some standards. Between Rick and Glassner, someone did say 'dude, that's a stupid plot' and they had to listen to them, cause of that pesky title thing

then rick and gekko left and the kids were let loose in the candy store. Mom and dad were away for the weekend, so it was a keg party and everyone cut loose adn indulged themselves in having 'fun'

they escaped the bonds restraining them and just did whatever the heck they wanted.

only...what they wanted wasn't what the viewers wanted to watch. And, instead of thinking 'gee, wonder if we messed up'...insteaad anyone and everyone else is blamed for the choices the B@B made. I think they are only now realizing that thier ultimate fantasy tv show is not as popular with the general viewing public as they wish it was. And they're facing the hard fact that they've indulged themselves - and a few hundred other people - out of a job.

The folks i really feel for are not the B@B. They're just gonna ride out the excuses and dodge responsibilty and move on...and ride the coat tails of htier friends to get/keep jobs on atlantis

the real victims in this are the actors. The ones that had no choice but to follow along. They're the ones looking for work right now. Something they probably wouldn't be doing if hte B@B had just not over indulged

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X