S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the show USED to be balanced. Each eps would have a little something for everyone. But we don't get that with Vaniel. If Vaniel is there, the show is all about Vaniel. But if Daniel is gone, then vala is free to interact with the others and it makes a more rounded show.
    This makes me wonder about something (spoilers for the second movie)...

Spoiler:
    Since Vala and Teal'c are supposed to suddenly disappear and there's an alternate timeline, Sam, Daniel and Cam have to spend most of the movie trying to put things back. It looks like Vala will be gone for a bit of the movie, or at least separated from Daniel. I am wondering if things will be more well-rounded, at least until Vaniel are reunited... or if we'll get pretty much the same thing that we got in Memento Mori.

Comment

Maybe there's hope that the second movie will
      Spoiler:
      un-Vaniel the franchise. There's no reason for the relationship on her part at least.
      Unless it's Twu Luv.

I've just watched Prophecy and Full Circle again. God, I miss Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        Spoiler:
        un-Vaniel the franchise. There's no reason for the relationship on her part at least.
        Unless it's Twu Luv.

I hope so!
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I love the way you put this AGateFan. That's just the way I feel about how Daniel has been. Now if they had said something happened to him when he descended the 2nd time or addressed the personality change I still wouldn't have necessarily liked it, but they could have written stories dealing with it. I've always liked Daniel. i just don't like the way he is with Vala. And while we're talking about other character interactions, I miss the Sam/Daniel friendship we used to see--those moments have been few and far between in S9 & 10. I'd also like to see more Daniel/Teal'c interactions.
          That's exactly how I feel about it. Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            This makes me wonder about something (spoilers for the second movie)...

Spoiler:
            Since Vala and Teal'c are supposed to suddenly disappear and there's an alternate timeline, Sam, Daniel and Cam have to spend most of the movie trying to put things back. It looks like Vala will be gone for a bit of the movie, or at least separated from Daniel. I am wondering if things will be more well-rounded, at least until Vaniel are reunited... or if we'll get pretty much the same thing that we got in Memento Mori.
            we could hope

at least the 'holy pair' will be separated for what i'll guess to be a good part of the movie. They'll be forced to interact with others. At the very least it'll be refreshing
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
              Spoiler:
              Unless it's Twu Luv.

I hope so as well!

And I miss it too. This Stargate Command is not an acceptable substitute.

Thank God for reruns and DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                we could hope

at least the 'holy pair' will be separated for what i'll guess to be a good part of the movie. They'll be forced to interact with others. At the very least it'll be refreshing
                Very refreshing

Comment

I am so looking forward to the second movie. Without (as much of) the added stress of concurrently producing two shows I think the movies (well, at least the second one) as well as SGA can only improve. Brad Wright and Martin Wood are a winning combination. I think I'd buy this one sight unseen - especially if it has commentaries. And if it isn't bundled with the first.

I'd be truly happy if
                  Spoiler:

1) Mitchell does not order people around.
                  2) Vala gets used in a new refreshing way as Qetesh. Could be fun! (No fascination with Daniel.)
                  3) Teal'c gets a meaty role. consort of Qetesh/plotting against Baal might be fun (NOT a ship!)
                  4) Sam has a healthy role. (Fingers crossed.)
                  5) Daniel acts like Daniel, not Action Jackson. (I'm not asking for Sneezy, but a passonate confidence. Being a man might require a thicker skin, but not to the point of callousness.)

suse
                  Last edited by suse; 21 January 2007, 08:54 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Yeah, I am a bit more optimistic about the second movie, too. I'm rooting for the things on your checklist, especially

Spoiler:
                    numbers 2, 4 and 5. Wonder if I could add a corollary to #5... Daniel also does not act like Vala is the most important thing in the universe, whining to Sam and Mitchell "oh we just gotta get her back, this is all my fault, bla bla"

Comment

I just wonder about the second movie,

Spoiler:
                      If the time line changes, while they are all there; then why would Sam, Cam and Daniel be the only one's to know what has changed? Shouldn't they NOT know who Teal'c and Vala are
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        Don't you just love how they always "save" the day in jus 40 minutes?

Spoiler:
                        I do recall reading a report at the end of season 9 stating that there would be a "significant loss." I don't recall if it pertianed to SGA or SG-1. However I have heard speculation that Jack gets killed off in the ep. Oh, boy...another carson and he's no longer on the show!
                        Counterstrike & Company of Thieves
                        Spoiler:
                        No, that was a reference to Counterstrike, Jonas and/or Dakara. Or it was Emerson in Compay of Thieves. Can't remember. Prolly all three.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          I just wonder about the second movie,

Spoiler:
                          If the time line changes, while they are all there; then why would Sam, Cam and Daniel be the only one's to know what has changed? Shouldn't they NOT know who Teal'c and Vala are

Mjor plot hole--but the we will have to see what the writers come up with. I bet there will be some mind preserving ray gun somewhere.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Given that this is the Anti Season 10 thread, and that I personally found the last two episodes to be good, is Stargate getting back on form?

While they haven't been screened yet, the next two episodes have also piqued my interest and sound (hopefully) like good episodes too. Is anyone else finding their interest in the show renewed? Or have they left it too little too late?

Of course it's all academic now, with the cancellation and it would be ironic for them to find their form at this stage.
                            Spoiler for LITS -
                            Spoiler:
                            As an example, having found Cam a cartoon rather than a character for a season and a half due to the erratic and self-indugent writing, suddenly in LITS, we get really nice scenes between him and Sam, with real emotion, rather than slapstic. It gives us a glimpse of what the character could have been with better writing and what a waste they have made of BB's talents.

Though I suppose they increase their chances of the DVD films being successful if they manage to get some of the fans back on board so it wouldn't be entirely wasted. I'm still not convinced, too many changes and too much self indulgent, illogical writing, but we'll see with the next few episodes.

Thank you for taking your time to moderate, TameFarrar no further clarification needed and AGateFan I clearly owe you an apology as your post isn't in anyway disrespectful.

FF
                            Last edited by Frostfox; 22 January 2007, 12:57 PM. Reason: Edited to add nature of spoiler
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              Given that this is the Anti Season 10 thread, and that I personally found the last two episodes to be good, is Stargate getting back on form?

While they haven't been screened yet, the next two episodes have also piqued my interest and sound (hopefully) like good episodes too. Is anyone else finding their interest in the show renewed? Or have they left it too little too late?

Of course it's all academic now, with the cancellation and it would be ironic for them to find their form at this stage.
                              Spoiler:
                              As an example, having found Cam a cartoon rather than a character for a season and a half due to the erratic and self-indugent writing, suddenly in LITS, we get really nice scenes between him and Sam, with real emotion, rather than slapstic. It gives us a glimpse of what the character could have been with better writing and what a waste they have made of BB's talents.

Though I suppose they increase their chances of the DVD films being successful if they manage to get some of the fans back on board so it wouldn't be entirely wasted. I'm still not convinced, too many changes and too much self indulgent, illogical writing, but we'll see with the next few episodes.

Thank you for taking your time to moderate, TameFarrar no further clarification needed and AGateFan I clearly owe you an apology as your post isn't in anyway disrespectful.

FF
                              I think it's a case of too little too late, while they may have some good episodes, it's not enough to negate all the bad ones, and once MS returns it is more than likey we well be getting more Vaniel, than team centric shows.

(note, this is not putting MS down, just the pairing of Daniel and Vala, and the writers not being able to write these two seperately)
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i'm thinking that the last few eps will be like - to my tastes - the reckoning/threads/moebius arc...a little island of 'decent' in a sea of tripe.

I doubt they'll hold it together for the whole rest of teh season. Vaniel will return, as will the slapstick adn cheap jokes and tawdriness. the boys can't restrain themselves.

If they could and we'd have had more LITS and less Ties that BInd, there would probably be a s11 right now.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X