No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your preaching to the choir Jackie.TPTB are not going to change becuase they will have to admit they failed.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      This is where MGM has to step in and say enough.Season 9 and 10 did not work so were going back to the way SG-1 was in seasons 1-8.There should be some shakeup at Bridge after Season 9 and 10 tanked.There is no fear of the people at Brdige in losing their jobs.They've gotten too close and are like a little club.
      I could see why working with the same people for years could cause problems. If a show runner thinks that a writer's script doesn't work, or needs serious revision it would be fairly easy to say so to a colleague they may not know very well but it could be a lot harder to tell a close friend to go back to the drawing board.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Exactly Regan.They are going to do everything to cover for themselves and shift blame to other factors.The Schedule no advertising.RCC is already saying he hopes SciFi does what they can to make sure people are watching and know about Atlantis.So it's all going to be SciFi fault if the ratings are bad.I could be wrong but I do not rememebr SG-1 seasons 1-8 being heavily advertised.Funny how RDA and Gekko did not have to use excuses.

Comment

The only real advertising they used to have was word of mouth. Now the word of mouth is that "it stinks now". Gee their right, it is the advertising.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
            The only real advertising they used to have was word of mouth. Now the word of mouth is that "it stinks now". Gee their right, it is the advertising.
            I know that when people ask me what I think of the "new" show, I give my honest opinion.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              In TPTB's shoes - assuming, for the sake of argument, that I ever actually allowed the characters on the show in the first place - I would minimize Mitchell and Vala's roles in the movie and concentrate on the original SG-1 but it is possible that TPTB may feel very protective towards their new characters and ideas and push them.
              As a writer I can relate with being over protective with characters. Crap--I got my handle from my character. That's obsessive, huh?

Your preaching to the choir Jackie.TPTB are not going to change becuase they will have to admit they failed.
              I know--but this is the only choir I can preach too. No one else will listen to me.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              How true--word of mouth is the most powerful advertising tool. Whether it be good or bad.

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              I know that when people ask me what I think of the "new" show, I give my honest opinion.
              They don't even bother to ask me--consider yourself lucky.

I did try to go to the save dr. weir thread--beware they are animals over there.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Have you taken a look at the poll about who you'd like to see in a new series (character)? Just now Jack was leading with 34%...poor Vala, just 9% of respondents were interested in her.
                http://www.gateworld.net/
                Guess that answers the question of who was important for 8 years....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Have you taken a look at the poll about who you'd like to see in a new series (character)? Just now Jack was leading with 34%...poor Vala, just 9% of respondents were interested in her.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/cgi-bin/stargatepoll.cgi

Guess that answers the question of who was important for 8 years....
                  Can't get the page to open--oh, well. I think Vala should have been just a re occurring character anyways. So, I'm not surprised.

Comment

Jack in the lead excellent! Do you see this TPTB?

Comment

yeah the link worked--then I saw it was the home page and I felt really dumb for not finding it before(yes--I am blind). So, I voted--for Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                        Yeah about developing relationships you can count on S/C or S/Rodney and D/V
                        Still pissed about the fact that Jack isn't in the finale...
                        *sigh* Yep...

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                        If this was the orignal team, it would probably be good. I still don't recognize this team as SG-1. They are a group of indiviuals.

For the classic team ending, we saw them killed in Ancient Egypt then a different timeline version of SG-1 brought back.
                        Oh yeah, I don't get the real sense of "teamness" we had in s1-8 with these guys... it's a fractured group with Vaniel, Cam and Teal'c, and Sam by her lonesome (or if you prefer, Vaniel&Cam, Teal'c by his lonesome and Sam by her lonesome).

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                          For me the problem is
                          Spoiler:
                          which team. If it were the olden golden one - okay. This season 9 - 10 travesty - I'll pass
                          Yep, that's it in a nutshell. And from everything I've read so far, looks like it'll be
                          Spoiler:
                          Team Travesty

Comment

If you loved season 9 and 10 your probably going to love the movies.They should be very Daniel Vala and Mitchell heavy with about 5 minutes of RDA.
                            Ugh... well I think it's pretty much guaranteed that there will be lots of Vaniel in the first movie. As for the second...
                            Spoiler:
                            Vala and Teal'c disappearing. It gives Daniel a chance to be something apart from Vaniel for just a short while. I'm almost tempted to see how that would play out (yeah a bit of sarcasm creeping in here ). Of course he could also be whining the whole time how dearly he misses his better half.

As for RDA - if we do see him in the movies, it'll probably be a scene where SG-1 wants to go do something to stop the Ori (first movie) or find Teal'c and Vala, need a ship, bla blah and Jack says "you have a go." And that's it. Bye, Jack.

Comment

I would love to hear Jack say I'll help you with Teal'c but who is Vala? If I'm RDA I will not appear in these movies unless Jack has some serious screen time.RDA deserves better than little cameo appearances and the season 1-8 Fans the backbone of the francise deserve better.

Comment

I would love to hear Jack say I'll help you with Teal'c but who is Vala? If I'm RDA I will not appear in these movies unless Jack has some serious screen time.RDA deserves better than little cameo appearances and the season 1-8 Fans the backbone of the francise deserve better.
                                i really hope he still has that kind of leverage. but if not, RDA has every right* to stay on set because, heck, i think he likes it there--he has friends there. he didn't back out when they mislead him in the 5 eps in seasons 10/3. lets just hope his fulcrum is still well-placed.

*i'm not saying you disagree.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X