S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    The bathroom scene would be great--but nreds use FLAVORED chapstick. Thus she scrounges through her over size purse and find that her chap stick has the end chewed off by her poodle at home.

She would have to use wads of tiolet paper for the bloody nose--forget that nostrial has a wad of paper sticking out.
    Daniel has allergies and I bet the poodle would be like her baby. That would be halrious to have her showing everyone pics of her dog, Agatha. The high maintence dog that is a diabetic and needs her insulin.

Daniel is so non nerdy now that nerd would be great with him.

Names:

Norma Roberts--famous romance novelist

Mitchelle Shanks--play on micheal shanks name.
    Ricky Anderson--sorry RDA--I kind of like Ricky the best.
    okay who spilled the beans about my problem with also having a bloody nose
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      The bathroom scene would be great--but nreds use FLAVORED chapstick. Thus she scrounges through her over size purse and find that her chap stick has the end chewed off by her poodle at home.

She would have to use wads of tiolet paper for the bloody nose--forget that nostrial has a wad of paper sticking out.

Daniel has allergies and I bet the poodle would be like her baby. That would be halrious to have her showing everyone pics of her dog, Agatha. The high maintence dog that is a diabetic and needs her insulin.

Daniel is so non nerdy now that nerd would be great with him.

Names:

Norma Roberts--famous romance novelist
      Mitchelle Shanks--play on micheal shanks name.
      Ricky Anderson--sorry RDA--I kind of like Ricky the best.
      I can also see her walking around the SGC with her nose stuck in a book or file, then walking into open doors. Causing yet another trip down to the infirmary! Another idea would be that they would have her sitting in her office with her lunch doing her work because she was too shy to go up and ask to sit with strangers. Then Daniel or Sam would invite her to come eat with them. She would refuse the first couple of times but eventually decide to go with them.

Oh! I got two new names that play off of Vala Mal Dorian:
      Dora Valance
      Maleficent Valentine

I bet Claudia would have had a blast playing a dork. Amanda seemed to have fun with it at the end of season eight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        okay who spilled the beans about my problem with also having a bloody nose

Oops, sorry! My poor brother used to get them all the time. He had to get surgery to stop them. That's where the t. paper came from.

Originally posted by Amanda Eros View Post
        I can also see her walking around the SGC with her nose stuck in a book or file, then walking into open doors. Causing yet another trip down to the infirmary! Another idea would be that they would have her sitting in her office with her lunch doing her work because she was too shy to go up and ask to sit with strangers. Then Daniel or Sam would invite her to come eat with them. She would refuse the first couple of times but eventually decide to go with them.

Oh! I got two new names that play off of Vala Mal Dorian:
        Dora Valance
        Maleficent Valentine

I bet Claudia would have had a blast playing a dork. Amanda seemed to have fun with it at the end of season eight.
        Or Vivian De Moran (vivian means alive) I always like the name.

Or Vera.

CB would have been a blast as a nerd.

I can also see her being really shy and then when she finds something funny she laughes through her nose with a snort effect. (like bowder laughs) And Daniel would have connected more solidly to CB's character because he would have been there.

CB could also forget her work shoes and end up weaing the ugliest old sneakers she could find. Make her chew pencils and make her into a groupie to McGyver or magnum PI. (Some old 80's show) Show scenes where she is sitting with AT and she is talking about McGuyver or Magnum PI being her fav show...like Jack would do with the simpson's.

Diet: She goes on a carrot stick diet to try and increase the size of her breast. She would be a chocolate junkie. M&M's, candy bars, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, chocolate cream pie...ect. And have her reading Nacy Drew mystery novels and try not to get caught reading them.

CB interacts really well with CJ--have her asking Teal'c the dumbest Jaffa questions. Like, "Did that thing on your head hurt when they put it on?"

I would have loved to have seen CB nerd trying to handle a weapon, learn how to throw a punch and flip people.

Image the basket ball scene with a "nerdy Vala"--goes to hip bop Teal'c and falls on her butt because he's too strong. Make a running jump and get's caught on the hoop. LOL
        Last edited by Jackie; 17 January 2007, 11:39 AM.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

They also could have brought CB in as the new CMO (from an allies military) thus not having the whole Lam/ Landry debacle
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            Apparently, neither the authors of the poll nor the fans voting have figured out that the third series will likely have none of the current or former castmembers.

If anyone actually believes that this new series will have RDA or any of the existing castmembers as the star, I sense disappointment ahead for them.
            Actually that would be my preference. I loved Stargate SG-1 but if they are going to make a new show I hope they start fresh. New relatively UNKNOWN actors and new TPTB. Thats how SG-1 got started, thats basically how Atlantis started.

Sure I would like the continuity of an old friend stoping in now or then or being mentioned but at this point, with what they have done to ruin the show they need to start with a clean slate.

All that being said, I find it quite impossible to comprehend that they will manage to even get a 3rd series after the way they destroyed SG-1 and are headed to the same with Atlantis. Much like Star Trek maybe the series needs a good break. Sometime in the future when some actual fans of the classic show are in a posisition to make the third series then they can move on. Having a TPTB who apparently are sick of Stargate and want to make something different will never return Stargate to its glory.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              new TPTB
              This is the key part right there. If they keep the same tired bunch of writers, I won't bother with the show.
              "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
              "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

[QUOTE=Mandysg1;6213500]They also could have brought CB in as the new CMO (from an allies military) thus not having the whole Lam/ Landry debacle [/QUOT]

Instead of replacing Daniel--she could have been the CO--great idea Mandysg-1.

The nerdy new CO would have been a blast. Wouldn't have needed Landry at all.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

if the third series - presuming the i predict to be mediocre movies don't kill it - is to have a snowball's chance in netu of surviving it needs a coupel of things

NEW WRITERS - same old hubris enhaced dudes we got now, show is doomed cause it'll just be a homage of a homage of a homage
                  NEW EXEC STAFF - keep a couple, my preference Brad adn Martin Wood
                  ALL UNKNOWN CAST dont' stunt cast some 'big name' expensive person. start with a bunch of nobodies who just happen to get along like a house on fire in real life

even with only 2 of the 3, the show will be lucky to last 2 seasons
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually that would be my preference. I loved Stargate SG-1 but if they are going to make a new show I hope they start fresh. New relatively UNKNOWN actors and new TPTB. Thats how SG-1 got started, thats basically how Atlantis started.

Sure I would like the continuity of an old friend stoping in now or then or being mentioned but at this point, with what they have done to ruin the show they need to start with a clean slate.

All that being said, I find it quite impossible to comprehend that they will manage to even get a 3rd series after the way they destroyed SG-1 and are headed to the same with Atlantis. Much like Star Trek maybe the series needs a good break. Sometime in the future when some actual fans of the classic show are in a posisition to make the third series then they can move on. Having a TPTB who apparently are sick of Stargate and want to make something different will never return Stargate to its glory.
                    I agree, going with unknown actors and new TPTB would be great. If the owners stepped in at any time it should be now and make the changes needed to produce a quality scifi show.

Comment

You know, I was thinking.
                      One problem with the Vaniel thing.....the complete and utter lack of Daniel.
                      Maybe if you had Vala and Daniel interacting things would be better. Vala would still be a remorseless criminal but at least Daniel would call her on it. Yet I can see Daniel being compasionate and wanting to reform her because that is how naive and hopeful Daneil can be sometimes. I really dont get that vibe from Jackson.

We didnt just get 4 new characters on stargate S9. We got 5.
                      Landry (needed), Cam (a character was needed but should have been thought out), Lam (a character was needed but should have been thought out), Vala (unneeded), and Jackson (unneeded as Daniel was a MUCH better character).

There is no Vaniel because there is no longer a Daniel he was replaced with the shallow and annoying character Jackson but still played by the same actor. They might as well admit its a different character. They write it differently, he acts it differently and it would be easier to suspend belief if they just said "here is a nother anceint who took over Daniels body"...or maybe a Tokra or something.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        if the third series - presuming the i predict to be mediocre movies don't kill it - is to have a snowball's chance in netu of surviving it needs a coupel of things

NEW WRITERS - same old hubris enhaced dudes we got now, show is doomed cause it'll just be a homage of a homage of a homage
                        ALL UNKNOWN CAST dont' stunt cast some 'big name' expensive person. start with a bunch of nobodies who just happen to get along like a house on fire in real life

I couldn't agree more. They need a completely new and fresh start with the 3rd show. They most certainly need new writers, so we get some fresh ideas even if it's hard. But I get the feeling they are going around in circles when it comes to stories these days. I think they are doing well story-wise on SGA, but lack anything that comes to characters. That's what I want in the next series, a more character driven show. And of course another important thing as you mentioned, it needs a pretty much an unknown team of actors just like SG1 (except for RDA) and SGA.

On another note, having watched "Line in the Sand" recently, I actually enjoyed it. Maybe that's because my expectations are very low these days, but it was a nice suprise either way.

Spoiler:
                        This was one of few times I actually enjoyed the Vala character. Maybe it's because Daniel isn't there, so we get a more strong character out of her...I liked that. Enjoyed her interaction with Tomin. I also thought the scenes with Tomin and the prior were well done. Teal'c still feels a bit wallpapered, but at least he got something to do here. I really though AT did really well acting in this ep as well, we haven't seen much of her this season so it was nice to see what a great actress she really is. She was very convicing that she was actually in pain, alot of the time I think it's over done, but this was well done by her. Mitchell was fine as well, did actually like his interaction with Sam. The only thing missing, was the loss of Daniel...it was only mentioned one time I think and I had hoped for some more emotions or something from the team.

Long story short, I think Vala works well on SG1 without Daniel around her. This was again a more team-ish episode even though they didn't work as one unit, but everyone got something to do. Good interactions between the characters, and some great acting by Amanda. I'm actually looking forward to "Road not Taken" now.

Too bad they made such a crappy introduction to the new characters in S9, and that it has taken them this long to start making some decent episodes that could hold your interest. Even though I enjoyed this ep, I'm still glad it's done and over after this season...don't think they could keep this quality and increase it tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Fat chance of any of it happening.
                          Same old crowd will peddle he same old stuff.
                          We'll probably get the new adventures of Baal or something equally underwhelming.
                          In the end, it'll all be just a pitch to the network.The execs will start to look at their watches, throw in a yawn here and there and then politely tell tptb ..."Don't call us, we'll call you..."
                          Here's my prediction:
                          Movie 1- moderately successful due to curiosity factor, not quality!
                          Movie 2 tanks.
                          Atlantis axed mid season 4. End of franchise.
                          Star Trek Movie X1 officially announced!!

Comment

Maybe if you had Vala and Daniel interacting things would be better. Vala would still be a remorseless criminal but at least Daniel would call her on it. Yet I can see Daniel being compasionate and wanting to reform her because that is how naive and hopeful Daneil can be sometimes. I really dont get that vibe from Jackson.

Landry (needed), Cam (a character was needed but should have been thought out), Lam (a character was needed but should have been thought out), Vala (unneeded), and Jackson (unneeded as Daniel was a MUCH better character).

There is no Vaniel because there is no longer a Daniel he was replaced with the shallow and annoying character Jackson but still played by the same actor. They might as well admit its a different character. They write it differently, he acts it differently and it would be easier to suspend belief if they just said "here is a nother anceint who took over Daniels body"...or maybe a Tokra or something.
                            'There is no Vaniel because there is no longer a Daniel he was replaced with the shallow and annoying character Jackson'
                            Maybe there is no Vaniel, maybe it's Vackson!
                            (None of the icons on this site work)
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I also would have liked CB to have played a different role. Vala was way over the top and really didn't fit the SG-1 show. I have never had anything against CB, just the character she has played.

I read BW interview stating that if rating had been better there would have been a S11. That statement just made me think about all the bad decisions made in S9 and how good the show could have been if the right decisions were made. I know they can't please everyone, but they lost 30% of their regular viewers and proceeded to piss off most existing fan bases. If they wanted to write a new show, they should have saved their great ideas for the third series and left SG-1 alone.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I can just see it...his eyes glow, his voice goes deeper and he says "Luke Sam I am your father"
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X