S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    Neither movie sounds to be of any interest to Classic SG-1 fans. What a pity, I had some small hope for the second one. Stupid me any hope would have to be tide into TPTB admiting (without admitting of course) that they were wrong. Saddly SG-1 will be remembered by many as just a bad, bad cheese filled scifi show, not the fate it deserved.

Actually the second movie sounds kind of fun (to me). It's the last ep of S10 that sounds like absolute drivel. It
    Spoiler:
    sounds like a placeholder so they son't have much of a cliffhanger to go to the movie. Why would I care how they team interscts over the next 50 years? They are in a bubble and can only interact w/eaqch other, right? How...boring.

I'm looking forward to the first movie only because it
    Spoiler:
    ends the (B)Ori story. Finally. Too bad They seem to be keeping the character I'd rather not see again for the second movie. But at least Vala will be a different character. I'm looking forward to that. Mitchell? Waste o' space. Always has been, always will be.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Here's a question concerning the second movie and Vala

Spoiler:
      In the second movie, they are gathered together for Ba'al's execution. Now if they are able to hold Ba'al accountable for execution, why don't they hold Vala accountable for what she's done? She wasn't a Goa'uld when she stole the Prommie and left everyone to die
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath on that movie actuall making sense:

Spoiler:
        1 st how do they maintain thier memories when the timeline is changed so there never was a SG program? Why would Mitchell, Sam and Daniel still be at the execution site after Teal'c and Vala--"vanish" into thin air? Wouldn't all of the characters have been forced into an alternate timeline where none of them would remember. It doesn't say where the execusion takes place--but if it's not on earth. Then how do they get back to earth with no program? Even the synopsis id full of plotholes.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Spoiler:
          In the second movie, they are gathered together for Ba'al's execution. Now if they are able to hold Ba'al accountable for execution, why don't they hold Vala accountable for what she's done? She wasn't a Goa'uld when she stole the Prommie and left everyone to die
          Simple enough:
          Spoiler:
          It's not in the script.

Seriously, ... beyond the fist statement I made I have no idea. So will they only execute the Goa'uld by extracting him or kill the (perhaps) innocent hopst also? You never know, the host might also be a sociopath. Meh. At this point I'm willing to let up on Vala as she has seemed to change the worst of her ways. I know. I can't believe I typed that either.Baal never changed his ways. She did. Mostly. I kinda like her. But not as Vaniel. I still wanna know why Mitchell is "in charge" though. Even in name only. I want the PTB reasoning.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I finally got around to watching The Quest Part2 and thought that it was a halfway decent episode if you took everything at a surface level. I had a couple of problems with Vala, Ba'al and (surprise, surprise) Mitchell and the overall pacing of the episode though.

Sadly I'm not sure I have enough enthusiam at the moment to elaborate on what was wrong with the ep.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Simple enough:
              Spoiler:
              It's not in the script.

Seriously, ... beyond the fist statement I made I have no idea. So will they only execute the Goa'uld by extracting him or kill the (perhaps) innocent hopst also? You never know, the host might also be a sociopath. Meh. At this point I'm willing to let up on Vala as she has seemed to change the worst of her ways. I know. I can't believe I typed that either.Baal never changed his ways. She did. Mostly. I kinda like her. But not as Vaniel. I still wanna know why Mitchell is "in charge" though. Even in name only. I want the PTB reasoning.

suse
              Baal has helped the SGC just as much as Vala.
              Baal has sexually harassed a member of the SGC as much as Vala....ok maybe not that much.

The only difference between Baal and Vala is that he didn’t magically turn into a 6 year old pining after one of the SGC manly men (bwahahahaha...neither of them are particularly manly but I always laugh when I see "Jackson’s" superman pose in the adds).

TPTB decided to make Vala a good guy even if it doesn’t fit with the history they gave her of using and abusing people. SHE FREAKING WILLINGLY ENSLAVED PEOPLE....am I the only one disturbed but that? Why am I the only one disturbed by that? That is 5000000000 times worse then what that stupid Luscious guy did on Atlantis and there are tons of people who are disturbed by that. SLAVERY = WORST THING ONE HUMAN CAN DO TO ANOTHER HUMAN. Attempted murder = 2nd worst (ok actual murder is 2nd worst....but this is an attempt at the 2nd worst). Theft, playing people for fools and stealing from them are also up there. It is not funny. There is no redeeming quality in it. AND not only did TPTB make this her history, she made her remorseless. She didn’t care that she enslaved those people, she just cared about stealing more from them and then about escaping her execution. Helping after the Ori made them sick doesn’t make her a hero it just proves that she has some small amount of humanity that most criminals have. Just because someone helps out in a natural disaster doesn’t suddenly erase all their sins especially when they aren’t even freaking sorry for them.

I am so sick of the free pass Vala got and comparing her to Teal'c. Shame on you "Jackson". I miss Daniel. Shame on you Sam for becoming such a wimp. Shame on you Teal'c for regressing to preseason one. SHAME ON YOU TPTB for destroying this show. Now you killed it so would you please just let it rest in peace.

....uh good morning..... off to the RAGE thread I go....
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I couldn't be bothered to expand on what I felt was wrong with The Quest Part 2 because I am in a foul mood and usually I don't like to post in that mood 'cos it only puts the mods in a foul mood

Ya know what cheers me up though?? Someone else who's more ticked off than me, maybe I should hop back to the rage thread
                -

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                  I would love to hear Jack say I'll help you with Teal'c but who is Vala? If I'm RDA I will not appear in these movies unless Jack has some serious screen time.RDA deserves better than little cameo appearances and the season 1-8 Fans the backbone of the francise deserve better.
                  Now, I would love to hear him say that too

I agree, he does deserve better than that. I'd hope that these movies, if they do end up making more than just these two (not sure how likely that is), include one that focuses only on the classic SG-1. Whatever happened to that direct to DVD movie they were planning as set in S2 (BW I think said it had been a S2 script that ended up being a "lost" epsiode)? I think that would have been interesting to see.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I don't understand that either.
                    Spoiler:
                    Why don't they just 'deGoa'uldify' him. It is not the host's fault. And you've gotta admit Ba'al, although evil - he is hot.
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

it's called Plot Hole

augmented no doubt by
                      Spoiler:
                      the rampant adoration skiffy has for vala, thus they will bend every rule in the book to keep her around. and heck, they've ignored 'reality' for 2 years by having her on the team, why should the movie be any different???

vala is teflon. tptb have determined that she must be in the show, thus she will be in the show, whether it makes sense or not
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        I couldn't be bothered to expand on what I felt was wrong with The Quest Part 2 because I am in a foul mood and usually I don't like to post in that mood 'cos it only puts the mods in a foul mood

Ya know what cheers me up though?? Someone else who's more ticked off than me, maybe I should hop back to the rage thread
                        There's a Rage Thread? You mean I could find my true home?
                        Sarcasm is fine but every once in a while (and more often nowdays) you just gotta...AARRGGGGG!!!!
                        I feel better.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                          There's a Rage Thread? You mean I could find my true home?
                          Sarcasm is fine but every once in a while (and more often nowdays) you just gotta...AARRGGGGG!!!!
                          I feel better.
                          you've never been to the rage thread? you poor deprived poster!
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

oooh look! it's another point of fragmentation!! yay!
                            this SGA's changes were voluntary, SG-1's weren't is really starting to get on my nerves. whether yougen like the changes or not, whether you think the failing of the show (assuming yougen think it failed) was due solely to RDA and/or DSD leaving, disbanding the team and reassembling it around Mitchell taking Sam's command is NOT an involuntary change.

i feel better now.
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I have another question about Vala in the second movie. Since when was Q'tesh a
                              Spoiler:
                              queen symbiote? If I remember correctly, they mentioned her as Ba'al's Queen Q'tesh (or however one spells that - minor imported Egyptian deities are not my spelling forte ) How did Q'tesh get to be a Queen? Everything we've seen about her/it to date indicated she/it was a regular ol' minor non-spawning Goa'uld lord. No tanks full of larva. No Jaffa visiting to gather up the larva, etc.

Or are we going with the old 'Is Amaunet a Queen, as in breeding little snakey babies for Apophis as well as the occasional harcesis, or a queen, as in consort of the god'? I'm guessing B, unless Daniel needs to be ultra horrified at the fate of his other half (cough) whereupon A, with obligatory over the top Momma-Loves-Her-Little-Snakelettes and Daniel-Is-Suffering-And-Horrendously-Appalled scenes and dialog. Ho. Hum.
                              Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
                              So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

so, without spoiling myself to the movies, may i assume they're rather swiss-cheesy? that's alright, just gotta make sure you serve it with some* wine and chocolate.

*term used loosely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X