S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    remember, it's nto jack writing sam out of command, it's jack writing stacy monroe and danning
    If Jack created the travesty that is Season Nine, he needs to be hit with a rolled up newspaper.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

well, what else does he have to do during all those boring meetings?????

but you're right, felger is a more likely candidate. jack is mentally mature enough to know better than to treat a woman that way while - thanks to his fantasies - we know that felger doesn't....poor chloe
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

but you're right, felger is a more likely candidate. jack is mentally mature enough to know better than to treat a woman that way while - thanks to his fantasies - we know that felger doesn't....poor chloe
        Here's what I think happened:

Felger created this fantasy after stumbling upon Jack's WX fanfic when he was general of the base and THEN hearing about a Major Cameron Mitchell who wanted to join the SGC. This all happened while the team was fishing at Jack's cabin. In an act of sheer BRILLIANCE, Thor created a time dilation bubble, and they've been stuck there ever since. It's still Friday afternoon for them, a year and a half ago.

Unfortunately, however, Felger has been allowed to play with the VR chair for that long, and he's gotten REALLY good at it...

There you go. Second movie treatment, done and done.

Comment

Well that sounds like what they did for S9, Felgers fantasy including a leather clad Vala Chloe
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Here's what I think happened:

Felger created this fantasy after stumbling upon Jack's WX fanfic when he was general of the base and THEN hearing about a Major Cameron Mitchell who wanted to join the SGC. This all happened while the team was fishing at Jack's cabin. In an act of sheer BRILLIANCE, Thor created a time dilation bubble, and they've been stuck there ever since. It's still Friday afternoon for them, a year and a half ago.

Unfortunately, however, Felger has been allowed to play with the VR chair for that long, and he's gotten REALLY good at it...

There you go. Second movie treatment, done and done.
            Are they going to send Felger for intensive therapy or will he survive being disconnected from the VR machine?

Maybe a young, not overly bright Lieutenant Cameron Mitchell stumbled on the device when he and several others were being shown around the base as a preliminary part of their training for SG teams and we've been watching his fantasies... which will prove him unsuitable for 'gate travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              Are they going to send Felger for intensive therapy or will he survive being disconnected from the VR machine?

Maybe a young, not overly bright Lieutenant Cameron Mitchell stumbled on the device when he and several others were being shown around the base as a preliminary part of their training for SG teams and we've been watching his fantasies... which will prove him unsuitable for 'gate travel.
              Maybe Felger introduced him to the machine? And Mitchell promptly said, "I'll take over from here, thanks."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                Maybe Felger introduced him to the machine?
                And Felger put his newest assistant in charge of monitoring it... young, dumb Lieutenant Mitchell is unlikely to survive.

Comment

<snerk> back to square one

That was the original idea Strix (I think) came up with and then discussion ensued and Felger was put in the machine

I think everyone, by now, knows I am a proponent of blaming it all on Felger To me, Felger's puerile hero worship / actions / attitude so very much encompass the core of what was served up to us by TPTB and now in S10 there is no real substance to build upon. Sadly "the new direction" will go down in history as a monumental conglomeration of lost opportunities. A little bit of professionalism, a little attention to detail, a little bit of planning and review would have gone a long, long way in preventing some of the tripe trite scripts and characters we were dished up.
                  -

Comment

either that or s9 and 10 thus far are nothing more than jack's bad attempts to write worm hole extreme fanfic
                    Joe Spencer inspired him to try his hand at a little ficcing. Sure, he was distraught at first that none of Joe's stories of his SG-1's adventures had sold...but then he came to the stark realization that things would be different if a.) he were writing them and b.) he came up with a newer, younger face to "lead" (and I use that term loosely) the team.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      Joe Spencer inspired him to try his hand at a little ficcing. Sure, he was distraught at first that none of Joe's stories of his SG-1's adventures had sold...but then he came to the stark realization that things would be different if a.) he were writing them and b.) he came up with a newer, younger face to "lead" (and I use that term loosely) the team.
                      I know - Sam was feeling down in the dumps, considering resigning as CO of SG-1 so Jack started writing stories about what it would be like if she wasn't in command to show her how amazing she was.

Comment

A little grey hair dye and make-up could have worked wonders had they needed to make Mitchell older than BB.
                        I guess unfortunately for Ben, he looks younger than his soon to be 44 years.

Comment

I know - Sam was feeling down in the dumps, considering resigning as CO of SG-1 so Jack started writing stories about what it would be like if she wasn't in command to show her how amazing she was.
                          Sam must have read his drafts and realized how vital she was to the team and it perked her spirits back up.

Good thinkin' Jack. See, I knew the "dumb Jack" thing was just an act.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            Sam must have read his drafts and realized how vital she was to the team and it perked her spirits back up.

Good thinkin' Jack. See, I knew the "dumb Jack" thing was just an act.
                            Yep, he's so sweet. Sam's staying in command of SG-1 and she's really enjoying her work.

There is the slightest of downsides - now she's afraid to retire unless she can get the higher-ups to swear that nobody named Cameron Mitchell will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be allowed within a hundred miles of the SGC.

On second thoughts, that's not a downside at all.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                              LOL, I dunno if that's unfortunate or not, though I'm starting to picture BB when he DOES go grey, and I don't think it'll be unfortunate then either.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                                they shoulda let him be 44. If he was gonna be sam's boss, they shoulda made it realistic. but they tried to mesh 'youthful and fun' with 'responsible and reliable' and didn't stop to think taht they just don't mix

I feel for cam, really i do. he had such potential in the beginning and could have been a fantastic addition to the team.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X