S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    If they make a TV movie or mini-series, do you think they will keep Mitchell or if RDA is available, will they stick with the original SG-1?
    I think it all depends on who's running the show If it's MGM, and they didn't have much of a choice in the additions of the new characters, and realized that it was these new characters that brought SG1 down, then if RDA was available I think it would be austa la vista (sp?) Cammy and Vala and welcome back original SG1 Well that's what I would hope for, that and getting rid of that crappy Ori story and maybe give Coop the heave-ho too
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I think it all depends on who's running the show If it's MGM, and they didn't have much of a choice in the additions of the new characters, and realized that it was these new characters that brought SG1 down, then if RDA was available I think it would be austa la vista (sp?) Cammy and Vala and welcome back original SG1 Well that's what I would hope for, that and getting rid of that crappy Ori story and maybe give Coop the heave-ho too
      I hope that happens.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
        LOL! Isn’t that the root of Sam’s appeal to a lot of fans too?

I’ve noticed a lot of the fans that criticize Sam for being written as “Super Sam” really have really no freaking clue exactly how much work a doctorate is or how ridiculous the number of them they gave Daniel is. One doctorate is thousand of hours of research and I don’t care how brilliant you are any university is going to force you to do the time.

As for Daniel being maverick—This is my grad school days talking. Daniel’s boring white bread. I just can’t see him as a maverick like a lot of others do. The truly brilliant people I went to grad school with acted like Jack or McKay.

that cracks me up. y es, sam knows too much and she's unrealistic, yet daniel, it's ok that he knows 23 languages and has 3phd's and all this. It's ok for him to interview base personnel - which is the security officer's job, but if sam steps outside ofher expertise it's horrible

ALL of these characters are spread too thin. that's because it's cheaper to u se the actor you've already paid for than to hire a speaking extra for 6 lines

I know i'm not objective when it comes to sam, but i don't quite see her as the mary sue simply because the only way she's the outsider - in the beginning - was her gender. She was military, she ws thier tech geek and seemed to bridge the gap between jack's military and daniel's science. she fit in, as much as a female can fit into a boy's club

Daniel was always the dissentor. the 'voice of reason', the 'isn't there another way' antagonist. And if you - the general viewer - are a civilian, ,it's a pov you're gonna identify with

Daniel wasn't supposed to come onthe mission, talked his way on it, proved that he was necessary, was accepted, needed, wanted. he becomes jack's best bud (and more if you want to see it that way), sam's friend. he forgives teal'c, etc, etc
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If SG-1 continues in some format my greatest wish is that it be SG-1 and that does NOT include mitchell or vala. If RDA comes back great a team of the original 4 without the ori -- I don't care what they give us as long as it is NOT the ori. If RDA does not return full-time than the team of the BIG3 is fine with me or if they have to bring on a 4th let it be a major (like so many of the ideas the fans had that would likely have worked better for mitchell) and have Carter in charge of SG-1 where she rightfully and deservedly belongs. Any incarnation of SG-1 without mitchell and vala would be fine with me.

Most of all I really truly believe that cooper should be fired and that the door should actually hit him (hard) on his way out. I could name a dozen people who could run the show better than cooper has.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            If SG-1 continues in some format my greatest wish is that it be SG-1 and that does NOT include mitchell or vala. If RDA comes back great a team of the original 4 without the ori -- I don't care what they give us as long as it is NOT the ori. If RDA does not return full-time than the team of the BIG3 is fine with me or if they have to bring on a 4th let it be a major (like so many of the ideas the fans had that would likely have worked better for mitchell) and have Carter in charge of SG-1 where she rightfully and deservedly belongs. Any incarnation of SG-1 without mitchell and vala would be fine with me.

Most of all I really truly believe that cooper should be fired and that the door should actually hit him (hard) on his way out. I could name a dozen people who could run the show better than cooper has.
            And many of them are on this thread
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

And many of them are on this thread
              The rest are in preschool.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                Got one question for you?

Are there other versions of this article floating around out there?

Because this is not the exact same article I read. There are some parts missing. Like RDA rehashing why he came (wasn’t happy with his performance because he was sick and the busted ankle, ect) and the few lines about Brad promising him they would take care of the logistics of losing a General on screen.

Which is strange.
                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Yep I agree. What I would LOVE to see is that [possible spoilers?]
                  Spoiler:
                  we find out that these past two seasons are really an AU and "our" SG-1 is still in Egypt, and then the finally figure out a way to get back home and the timeline/reality/whatever (sorry it's too early for me to be thinking correctly, lol) is restored. As someone on another thread mentioned, that would probably muck things up as far as Atlantis is concerned but I'm sure they could worm their way out of that. And it would be great to have someone admit that the SG-1 we've been watching in S9 and 10 was just some bad AU.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                    Yep I agree. What I would LOVE to see is that [possible spoilers?]
                    Spoiler:
                    we find out that these past two seasons are really an AU and "our" SG-1 is still in Egypt, and then the finally figure out a way to get back home and the timeline/reality/whatever (sorry it's too early for me to be thinking correctly, lol) is restored. As someone on another thread mentioned, that would probably muck things up as far as Atlantis is concerned but I'm sure they could worm their way out of that. And it would be great to have someone admit that the SG-1 we've been watching in S9 and 10 was just some bad AU.
                    Or its Mitchells comatosed dream. He wakes up to find he is still a pilot and was never a team member much less the leader of SG-1.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Or its Mitchells comatosed dream. He wakes up to find he is still a pilot and was never a team member much less the leader of SG-1.
                      they were so determined to make Mitchell King of the Gate-there is no question in my mind that it was kind of like "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" mentality that they took.

It is much easier to make it up as you go along and to rewrite history-notice how some characters are no longer mentioned-you would think they never existed. Season 9's Ripple Effect comes to mind.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Janet had a solid friendship-they meant something to each other and yet....Sam and Martouf who really had nothing but a protein marker in common had an almost kiss?
                      -

Even with RDA's character on Atlantis and SG-1 and I do mean character-they didn't write "Jack O'Neill" they wrote about some guy whose name just happens to be Major General Jack O'Neill-two guys with the same name-but one has nothing to do with the other. The other Jack O'Neill? Never heard of him. Was he an on-going character? *shrug-well we just needed a name for the guest star-you know-Joe Anybody-who is going to play this Major General Character on Atlantis.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        they were so determined to make Mitchell King of the Gate-there is no question in my mind that it was kind of like "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" mentality that they took.

It is much easier to make it up as you go along and to rewrite history-notice how some characters are no longer mentioned-you would think they never existed. Season 9's Ripple Effect comes to mind.
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam and Janet had a solid friendship-they meant something to each other and yet....Sam and Martouf who really had nothing but a protein marker in common had an almost kiss?
                        -

Even with RDA's character on Atlantis and SG-1 and I do mean character-they didn't write "Jack O'Neill" they wrote about some guy whose name just happens to be Major General Jack O'Neill-two guys with the same name-but one has nothing to do with the other. The other Jack O'Neill? Never heard of him. Was he an on-going character? *shrug-well we just needed a name for the guest star-you know-Joe Anybody-who is going to play this Major General Character on Atlantis.
                        They are no longer interested in writing Jack O'Neill. These parts aren't written with RDA or Jack in mind. Its just a guest star role that any actor could do. RDA asked what his character had been up to and the answer he got back was I don't know, they would make it up as the go along. So far I have felt his character is flat with zero chemistry with the characters he has interacted with. But you know RDA can only do so much with what is given to him.
                        Last edited by Rogue; 05 October 2006, 06:59 AM.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          :grimace: What?! Am I wrong?
                          Unfortunately no

Originally posted by DEM
                          I'm going to pretend I didn't read that because I'm pretty sure I had successfully forgotten that anyone had ever said any such thing.
                          I think what scares me more is the fans that don’t call the writers on the obvious mistakes or takes everything that comes out of characters mouths like this as gospel.

Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to jump the logic gap of how Daniel came up with friendly and benevolent when the Ancients supposedly are the same people that inspired the Greek/Roman Gods? Maybe I’m missing something?
                          Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

They are no longer interested in writing Jack O'Neill. These parts aren't written with RDA or Jack in mind. Its just a guest star role that any actor could do. RDA asked what his character had been up to and the answer he got back was I don't know, they would make it up as the go along. So far I have felt his character is flat with zero chemistry with the characters he has interacted with. But you know RDA can only do so much with what is given to him.
                            Maybe that's it, they don't want him to look good, because if he did all other new characters would pale in comparison. If they make Jack look bad, then it's "see, you're not missing anything and look how wonderful the characters are."
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
                              Unfortunately no

I think what scares me more is the fans that don’t call the writers on the obvious mistakes or takes everything that comes out of characters mouths like this as gospel.
                              Oh you mean the lemmings Yep that's just the way TPTB like their fans to be

Am I the only one that hasn’t been able to jump the logic gap of how Daniel came up with friendly and benevolent when the Ancients supposedly are the same people that inspired the Greek/Roman Gods? Maybe I’m missing something?
                              Um, nope your not missing anything, in fact it's TPTB that are missing something....the logic....they lost that a long time ago
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It was a dream sequence that flashed before his eyes in seconds as his F-302 was shot down.

Comment

Working...
                                X