S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
    Fish in Jack’s pond, Seasons 9&10: Indisputable proof they never fixed the timeline!
    It is Coops excuse for anything goes now because the timeline had changed.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Playing pretend and even considering that skiffy woulda allowed them to rename the show, i'm not sure if it woulda lasted any longer or not. Yeah, it could have escaped the baggage of 8 years ofh istory...but honestly, coop's idea of a perfect show is such tripe i don't see it lasting any longer than it did...2 seasons.
      I would have preferred if Seasons Nine and Ten had existed as Seasons One and Two of Stargate Command.

At least they wouldn't be sullying the memory of Stargate: SG-1.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

ias to the hair drier, yes, it was stupid and yet another example of 'screw teh character/credibility, wouldn't it be funny if......'
        There is a type of radiation/chem agent detector that looks sort of like a hairdryer, and I was busy trying to figure out why Vala was carrying a rad detector, wondering why the props department wouldn't try to make it look less like a hairdryer... It never dawned on me that it was actually supposed to be a hairdryer. My brain obviously didn't even process the possibility that they would do something so idiotic.

And I hate to say it, but pigtails on a woman over 18 equates to a seedy XXX male fantasy, and I can't begin to fathom why they would do that to CB, much less Vala. It was a HORRIBLE choice on so many levels.

My LJ

Comment

one train of thought is that they're trying to avoid the aeryn sun pony tail image

but boys, here's an idea, don't write aeryn, write vala and if you can't imagine that fans can't tell the difference, all the costuming in the world won't change it.

the pony tail doesn't make the character, thier actions do

the pigtails and cute litttle barretts they insist upon sticking in her hair just make her look silly. she's not some 18 year old ingenue, she's an adult woman and should dress that way. Unless, of course, they're trying to convince us all that vala is only 20 (which might not be that far wrong, heck, cam keeps getting canonly younger and younger)
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            And I hate to say it, but pigtails on a woman over 18 equates to a seedy XXX male fantasy, and I can't begin to fathom why they would do that to CB, much less Vala. It was a HORRIBLE choice on so many levels.
            It's supposed to attract the 14 year old boys....um I think Oh wait, no, the male fans who like girls in pigtails and wait for it to come later...
            Spoiler:
            Vala in a cheerleaders outfit

I saw an interview with the actress from Ghost Whisperer, and when why she was always dressed up when talking to ghosts...she said the low cut out-fits were to attract the 14 year old boy audience
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

jack in chains???? i don't recall that.
              I'd give credit but I don't who I snerched this from.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                It is Coops excuse for anything goes now because the timeline had changed.
                Hey!

Don’t slam denial. It’s the only thing that’s gotten me through the last couple of years of SG. The complete refusal to acknowledge what’s in front of me and that MY SG-1 is back in time still trying to fix the time line so reality can reset!

Denial: It’s not just a river in Egypt!
                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                  Gotta agree with that. The only thing I sort of liked about Chimera was Daniel again... mostly in the form of eye candy...lol I didn't like the Sam/Pete thing either, and were definitely starting to see "the girl" in this ep. Plus the fact that Pete was something of a stalker bothered me a little...
                  I thought Sam could definitely do better.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    I thought Sam could definitely do better.
                    I actually wanted to see her kick his butt in hand-to-hand combat! Now that would have been a better episode
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

one train of thought is that they're trying to avoid the aeryn sun pony tail image
                      That could be one part of it.

It could also be their trying to introduce those whimsical elements back in to the show with Vala and Cam and failing miserably too. SG always had that optimistic combativeness going up against a rather adult jaded cynicism.

All the major characters had some whimsical childlike quality to how they were written. From Sam’s one sided crush on Jack, Daniel’s enthusiasm at new discoveries, T’s stanch belief that given the choice people/Jaffa will always make the honorable choice, Jack’s overall rather exuberant personality. There was a childlike element to every one of the major characters.

Well up until like season 7 or so. Suddenly SG1 was forced to completely grow-up and that gutted the characters in the process.
                      Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I would have preferred if Seasons Nine and Ten had existed as Seasons One and Two of Stargate Command.

At least they wouldn't be sullying the memory of Stargate: SG-1.
                        And then I wouldn't be ashamed to admit that Stargate is my addiction. This admission is always qualified with "I mean only classic Stargate" or "only Season 1-8"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          I actually wanted to see her kick his butt in hand-to-hand combat! Now that would have been a better episode
                          Or at least a"WTF are you doing here?" at the stake out. I would have like to see her show some spine instead of desparation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Or at least a"WTF are you doing here?" at the stake out. I would have like to see her show some spine instead of desperation.
                            Amen!

Comment

I'd give credit but I don't who I snerched this from.
                              ooohhh, i get it. jack in chains was referring to need. I was talking about EM and there as no jack in chains there

jack whining because he was owied and 28 seconds of sam, but no chains
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
                                Hey!

Don’t slam denial. It’s the only thing that’s gotten me through the last couple of years of SG. The complete refusal to acknowledge what’s in front of me and that MY SG-1 is back in time still trying to fix the time line so reality can reset!

Denial: It’s not just a river in Egypt!
                                Yep, I have been down the river Denial. Its a pleasent trip until you get to the end and realize this river does not lead to the Cape of Good Hope.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X