S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
    I miss Janet a lot, but there's one thing that offers me a little comfort---she left with her dignity intact. Who knows what travesty the writers might have inflicted upon Janet if she were still around today....

Warning: not for the squeamish......
    Can you imagine our Janet mooning over Hewo Cam or in the throes of a forbidden love affair with Gen. Landry? I hate to think of the character assassination tptb might have dumped on her based on their current track record.....but I'm sure they would have found a way to change her into somebody unrecognizable from the Janet we know and love.
    There is that. Even though I hate that it happened, I was glad that she went out with some dignity.

Ugh... what you described is like a car wreck! I'm glad that they didn't have a chance to pull anything like that. Sadly it seems to be happening to Daniel now...

Comment

You know what all of this reminds me of? A quote of Sam's from...oh, what season was it...? OH! Season 3, "Foothold". The one where she stands from her seat and yells at Maybourne, "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week! Why couldnt you take just one day off?!"

Umm...

"TPTB, you're idiots every day of the week! Why couldn't you just take one day off!?!"

(I mean that with the sincerest respect, of course. )

Where did come from, and what happened to the we know and love? (Shave Teal'c and give him back his staff weapon!)

My Fanfics Warning!: Some fics may contain , so non-S/J shippers BEWARE!

Comment

LOL!! It does feel very appropriate, doesn't it? (with all due respect from me too)

Comment

Does anyone know how "Company of Thieves" did ratings-wise?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Aria Rayn
            "TPTB, you're idiots every day of the week! Why couldn't you just take one day off!?!"
            <G> How about his one?

A learning experience is one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." --Douglas Adams
            Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              Does anyone know how "Company of Thieves" did ratings-wise?
              Looks like it held steady from last week - 1.5 (while SGA's "Phantoms" got 1.6).

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
                <G> How about his one?

A learning experience is one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." --Douglas Adams
                Heh...that's another good one

Comment

It's Thursday time to make preparations for the next new episode of SG-1.

Oh dear it's an "Arthurian" one (gag - where's that bucket??)

Hmm I'll add to my checklist from last week -
                  • Watch several Monty Python movies prior to watching so I can at least laugh my way through the ep (by making comparisons) if it is bad.

I sure hope we don't get something like this :
                  Beware - The Quest spoilers
                  Spoiler:

-

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                    ROTFLMAO! I was thinking it. I just didn’t have the guts to voice it.

Is it me? Or was exploring the Arthurian legends the WORST possible idea the writers of this show ever came up with?

People are so familiar with, and this mythology and it has been so beat to death, the writing staff’s glaring lack of research is more obvious than usual.
                    Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

i was watching criminal minds last night...and they too had mention of the Fisher King and the grail...but it was a very original twist.

our writers????? they just went to the ren fest and thought they'd basea whole season on it

I've always had an issue with the king arthur stuff simply because it's sooooo picked aparat and done and redone and redone (does a year go by that SOMEONE doesn't make some sort of arthur movie????)

the advantage they had with the goauld and basing them on old mythologies was that those myths were very vague and largely understudied (the egyptian gods are rarely the basis of major motion pictures) thus they had more room to play. more room to interpret and tweak

arthur legend, by its very popularity, is so incredibly studied and known so that, as popular as it is, there's not much room to play with it

that's always been my issue wtih it...that and the fact that these boys seem incapable of avoiding the cliche
                      Spoiler:
                      dragons????? swords????? wizards??????
                      dude, can they get anymore cheesy????
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

• Watch several Monty Python movies prior to watching so I can at least laugh my way through the ep (by making comparisons) if it is bad.

Spoiler:
                        http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/1189/vrseason1017ai.jpg
                        Ugh, I hope not... I thought I read in some spoilers though that
                        Spoiler:
                        there is some dragon involved in it

I think I'll follow your Monty Python suggestion. Might make watching the ep easier for me. I'm also trying to guess (even though it is supposed to be a team ep more or less) how long it will be before everyone starts pairing off in that familiar old way and for how long Daniel and Vala will be sewn together

The Quest:
                        Spoiler:
                        BTW, I saw a few pics on the Stargate Solutions site for this ep and one shows Daniel lying on the ground unconscious, and Vala is holding him and looking devastated. I am guessing this will be in Part 2... I can't help but wonder if that scene, whenever we see it, will include a declaration of love from Vala complete with shippy music. I also hope that if something horrible has happened to Daniel, we won't just see Vala looking upset, but also Sam and Teal'c. I'd hate to have them trying to imply that Vala is the only one who cares about Daniel, and that Sam and Teal'c just think "Oh well, he's hurt/whumped/dead again. *shrug*"
                        Last edited by JessM; 21 September 2006, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i was watching criminal minds last night...and they too had mention of the Fisher King and the grail...but it was a very original twist.

our writers????? they just went to the ren fest and thought they'd basea whole season on it

I've always had an issue with the king arthur stuff simply because it's sooooo picked aparat and done and redone and redone (does a year go by that SOMEONE doesn't make some sort of arthur movie????)

the advantage they had with the goauld and basing them on old mythologies was that those myths were very vague and largely understudied (the egyptian gods are rarely the basis of major motion pictures) thus they had more room to play. more room to interpret and tweak

arthur legend, by its very popularity, is so incredibly studied and known so that, as popular as it is, there's not much room to play with it

that's always been my issue wtih it...that and the fact that these boys seem incapable of avoiding the cliche
                          Spoiler:
                          dragons????? swords????? wizards??????
                          dude, can they get anymore cheesy????
                          Yup it's been done to death, flogging a dead horse. As soon as I read someone's comments (I believe they were MS') before S9 started filming that they were going to do Arthurian legend, I thought, "hoo boy." And as odd as it may sound, when Daniel was giving the briefing at the beginning of Avalon Part 1 (IIRC) and started mentioning Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, I expected him, Cam and Teal'c to suddenly start dancing on top of the briefing room table and singing the "Knights of the Round Table" song from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Comment

Spoiler:

Yeah, I am still waiting for Cam to battle the bunny rabbit.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Yeah, I am still waiting for Cam to battle the bunny rabbit.
                              Beware the killer bunnies!!
                              -

Comment

And the infamous Black Knight. Oh, wait, he already did that...

*snicker*

Betcha will will see Cam skipping over hill and dale with Vaniel, Sam and Teal'c clopping coconut halves together behind him (or Cam with Vaniel next to him, followed by Sam and Teal'c clopping the coconuts).

Comment

Working...
                                X