No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, "200" really sucked big time. Funny thing is that TPTB know where they are screwing up, but they just don't care enough to fix it.

I thought that the whole joke about
    Spoiler:
    cam being Jack's son was a reference to The original Terminator movie

Pissed that RDA was only in the show for like less than 10 minutes. They say that he "returns for the 200th episode", yet he was barely in it.

Was it just me, or did that ending with the "Wormhole Extreme" 200th episode thing was a big ego trip. Seems like TPTB think they are perfect....

I did like one thing, Walter FINALLY going through the gate. Didn't like the reason, but did like him going through.

Things I REALLY hated, why wasn't General Hammond there? Why do TPTB hate Jonas so much, no mention of him yet again.

Comment

Walter was off-world during an earlier episode (either Fallen or Homecoming, I think) so it wasn't his first time through the gate.
      As for Jonas; I'm just grateful they didn't add an in-joke about him.

Have to say my favorite bit was the invisible Jack bit. It was a skit, yet it felt weirdly like old school stargate.
      *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
        You weren't the only one.
        A question for me is why were fans always asking about the furlings (make that some fans)--enough that they thought it would be funny to show them, albeit as motheaten Ewoks.

Second question: are some fans going to take it as canon that Mitchell is 37 years old?

Didn't think Walter thing in the special was funny.
        Last edited by Gatetrixer; 20 August 2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

the walter thing was funny...the first 2-3 times. after that it got rather tiresome.

I've never gotten the fascination iwth the furlings

yes, the invisijack was the bet skit of the bunch and will likely become the 'best episode that we've never seen'

and yes, i do believe that tptb have the utmost confidence in thier own abilities....the kind of confidence that often outstrips reality
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
            Walter was off-world during an earlier episode (either Fallen or Homecoming, I think) so it wasn't his first time through the gate.
            As for Jonas; I'm just grateful they didn't add an in-joke about him.

Have to say my favorite bit was the invisible Jack bit. It was a skit, yet it felt weirdly like old school stargate.
            *sigh*

Yeah, forgot about Fallen, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
              Spoiler:
              can we cut back on the Mitchell love please? They have a party ready on the other side of the gate? To celebrate Cambo's 200th trip? Or was there a more interesting reason for the party that we weren't privy to?

And the quote about sci-fi at the end. Yeah, that would have worked before the show was screwed up into a shadow of its former self. It's a little pretentious when the show is as bog standard as it is now.
              It wasn't for Mitchell, it was for O'Neill.

Spoiler:
              Why would they throw a party for Mitchell's unofficial 200th time through various gates all ove rthe cosmos? He even said the 200 included various Stargates, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva

Spoiler:
                Why would they throw a party for Mitchell's unofficial 200th time through various gates all ove rthe cosmos? He even said the 200 included various Stargates, etc.
                because they desperately needed to come up with a rationalization for calling the eps 200?????
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  because they desperately needed to come up with a rationalization for calling the eps 200?????
                  Well, I seriously doubt Carter saying "Sir, in an alternate dimension this universe is a TV show, and they're on their 200th episode. So we're going to pretend this is a TV show too and call it 200!"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    the 200th time he did something really really dumb? ...the 200th time in the week leading up to it?
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                      Boy, "200" really sucked big time. Funny thing is that TPTB know where they are screwing up, but they just don't care enough to fix it.

I thought that the whole joke about
                      Spoiler:
                      cam being Jack's son was a reference to The original Terminator movie

Pissed that RDA was only in the show for like less than 10 minutes. They say that he "returns for the 200th episode", yet he was barely in it.

Was it just me, or did that ending with the "Wormhole Extreme" 200th episode thing was a big ego trip. Seems like TPTB think they are perfect....

I did like one thing, Walter FINALLY going through the gate. Didn't like the reason, but did like him going through.

Things I REALLY hated, why wasn't General Hammond there? Why do TPTB hate Jonas so much, no mention of him yet again.
                      Yeah I was disappointed in RDA time as well. I thought TPTB said that RDA would play a significant role in 200. I feel cheated.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        the 200th time he did something really really dumb? ...the 200th time in the week leading up to it?
                        Well, I think the SGC should have a party every time someone achieves:
                        • 200 times through any event horizon (as seen in 200),
                        • 200 times through an Earth-based event horizon,
                        • 200 times through any SGC-controlled event horizon (incl. Beta, Gamma sites, etc.),
                        • 200 times through the SGC HQ event horizon,
                        • 200 times outbound through the SGC HQ event horizon, and...
                        • 200 missions

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                          I'm compelled to mention here (although I have a feeling others may already have pointed it out) that this wasn't Walter's first trip through the gate. Season 7's "Fallen", where he and Hammond were among those manning a field facility on that planet where Daniel descended; they had to vacate quickly once Anubis targeted the planet with his super weapon.

I only point this out because it is YET another example of the PTB completely ignoring the history they created in the series. Many devoted fans remember, even though they don't have to. The PTB are paid to remember (ostensibly, anyway ) and as we all know, they just can't seem to get it right.
                          Titania of the V V

Keeper of the Quantum Mirror
                          (I swear, it's in my basement!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva

Spoiler:
                            Was that episode canon? Because if it was I missed it. Maybe someone can someone furnish me with the relevant line.
                            The inference I got was that it was related to Mitchell, nothing suggested otherwise. Especially since, if you want to read the episode as a whole it seems the only person who didn't/wouldn't know about it is Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Yeah I was disappointed in RDA time as well. I thought TPTB said that RDA would play a significant role in 200. I feel cheated.
                              TPTB have also been claiming how good S9 and S10 are, you should've expected it
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I've never gotten the fascination iwth the furlings
                                No, me neither. And I've never understood why it's felt by so many fans that TPTB owed us showing them on screen to the extent that they feel this is a loose end or some kind of error on the part of TPTB for not doing so.

RDA only came in 10 minutes from the end? I'm finding more and more reasons not to watch this one by the minute... First of all, they tell us that RDA will guest in...what was it, four episodes? Three?...of Stargate and then I find out all but one of those is on Atlantis. Which sucked. Especially as I don't watch Atlantis. I don't think my initial response to this news - that RDA was going to guest exclusively on SG1 - was too out of whack, considering SG1 was the show he starred in for eight seasons. Now, the only episode of SG1 he is in, he's in for 10 minutes at the end, after we're told his time would be 'significant'. Bleah.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X