Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ick. I just realized that the in Morpheus
    Spoiler:
    which was filmed way to dark - on purpose, but it made me well, sleepy - the parasite is still in their brains. Decomposing. Same old same old for Sam but ICK!!

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
      Ick. I just realized that the in Morpheus
      Spoiler:
      which was filmed way to dark - on purpose, but it made me well, sleepy - the parasite is still in their brains. Decomposing. Same old same old for Sam but ICK!!

Suse
      Yeah, I thought of that too. Really gross, plus one would think that anything growing in one's brain would cause some sort of problems. Unless it was growing in a part of the brain that we don't use, but at the same time it could stimulate something there, kind of like what happened with Jonas in Prophecy.

Oh and I'm also getting tired with all this, "in the nick of time" scenes that they've been doing. How many times can one be so lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I agree. There have been missed opportunities and nitpicks of course (some big HONKIN' nitpicks especially with Mitchell doing everyone's job/filling every role in F&B), but seriously, Season 10 so far is better than all of Season 9 put together. And I agree with you... Pegasus Project was a hit for me too.

Amazingly though, there have been 4 episodes that I didn't detest Mitchell...and 2 of them have been from Season 10. Now...if they can just tone Mitchell down so that I don't constantly want to shoot him...I'd be much obliged.
        mitchell was bearable in the first two eps, but peg project -for me- was back to being machomitchell. or maverickmitchell. either way, he DID irritate me.

mitchell is the number one sore spot for me now, just in front of no sam/jack resolution. let him go to atlantis, where him and sheppard can beat up fruit that don't obey them or something.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          mitchell was bearable in the first two eps, but peg project -for me- was back to being machomitchell. or maverickmitchell. either way, he DID irritate me.

mitchell is the number one sore spot for me now, just in front of no sam/jack resolution. let him go to atlantis, where him and sheppard can beat up fruit that don't obey them or something.

sally
          Exactly what do you have against fruit? What did it ever do to you to deserve that fate?

Suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
            Exactly what do you have against fruit? What did it ever do to you to deserve that fate?

Suse
            *they* did it! mitchell and sheppard were mean to that innocent lemon...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

sally
              You would really want to burden poor Weir with having to babysit Mitchell? Hasn't she got enough to worry about already?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Actually, it seems like they are already trying.
                You do it by doing a bait and switch. You fill your episode previews with Carter, Teal'c, Daniel and yes RDA. People think old Stargate and tune in. Then you throw out the new, new and improved Stargate with a toned down Cambo and Vala and hope that its good enough to stick.
                I was thinking along the same lines.
                But where do we see RDA - but 200.
                And I hope it is not as stupid as some of the spoilers suggest. RDA will be a draw and if the larger audience is presented with Mitch the @$$ and Vala the 'whorelette', TPTB will have destroyed their best chance to regain audience numbers.

I heard some interesting satistics this morning in reference to the 50 to 60 year old crowd - over 2 trillion, yep that's trillion dollar in disposable wealth. Who is playing to this crowd (me)? Personally I miss all the gray and bald heads gone from SG-1.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

sally
                  Heh heh. Well, why I totally enjoyed The Peg Pro, I've gotta say that I under where you issues come from with Mitchell there.

Spoiler:
                  It's like they had to hamfist his character into the oh-so-intrusive role of "leader" during Sam and McKay's scenes. I'm not sure why... OK, I totally know why... but that was my one problem with it.

Oh, and the fact that some people are totally reading into Sam/Cam ship. *blech*

Unfortunately, I don't see how it's going to get any better... In fact, I think you may be even MORE annoyed, if the promo for "Uninvited" hasn't been hacked to death and...

Spoiler:
                  ... Cameron really does come to Sam's rescue while she deals with someone whom she's known for many, many years. Making Sam impotent when it comes to handling someone like that, so that Cam can save her will DEFINITELY be the first sign of S9!Cameron coming back for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    I was thinking along the same lines.
                    But where do we see RDA - but 200.
                    And I hope it is not as stupid as some of the spoilers suggest. RDA will be a draw and if the larger audience is presented with Mitch the @$$ and Vala the 'whorelette', TPTB will have destroyed their best chance to regain audience numbers.

I heard some interesting satistics this morning in reference to the 50 to 60 year old crowd - over 2 trillion, yep that's trillion dollar in disposable wealth. Who is playing to this crowd (me)? Personally I miss all the gray and bald heads gone from SG-1.
                    I couldn't agree with you more - this is a sorely underrated demographic, and not just in TV. Its like Angela Lansbury said of Murder She Wrote: Death by Demographics.
                    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

they do the same thing with females in general.
                      we are 52% of the population last i looked. Yet, unless they're selling laundry detergent or feminine products, we're ignored while everyone fights for that tiny segment of the population, the young male.

Let me tell ya folks, as an adult woman in a decent job, i have a TON more money to spend than your average 18 year old flippnig burgers at Mickey D's

yet, the female half of the population is constantly ignored in favor of those handful of boys
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        they do the same thing with females in general.
                        we are 52% of the population last i looked. Yet, unless they're selling laundry detergent or feminine products, we're ignored while everyone fights for that tiny segment of the population, the young male.

Let me tell ya folks, as an adult woman in a decent job, i have a TON more money to spend than your average 18 year old flippnig burgers at Mickey D's

yet, the female half of the population is constantly ignored in favor of those handful of boys
                        Whats funny is this is getting to be (or already is) the babby boomers. The highest percentage of the population only to get bigger as the years go on. Why is this demo ignored in favor of broke, short attention spanned people who usually spend friday nights anywhere but at home?
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Whats funny is this is getting to be (or already is) the babby boomers. The highest percentage of the population only to get bigger as the years go on. Why is this demo ignored in favor of broke, short attention spanned people who usually spend friday nights anywhere but at home?
                          I know the feeling well. In a few short months I will become the 50+ generation. I remember Whoopie in one of her specials say something along the lines of "When did Richard Gere start advertising for AARP".

And yet, Skiffy still thinks mostly the young male demo views Sg-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            You would really want to burden poor Weir with having to babysit Mitchell? Hasn't she got enough to worry about already?
                            okay, how about this?...

mitchell and sheppard 'get together', and then run off somewhere to shove their overwhelming machoness around the galaxy. sound good?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

okay, how about this?...

mitchell and sheppard 'get together', and then run off somewhere to shove their overwhelming machoness around the galaxy. sound good?

sally
                              Poor Sheppard. What did he ever do to you?
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Poor Sheppard. What did he ever do to you?
                                i've only seen him in one episode (peg project), so the only thing i saw of him was him being mean to mckay, and his tag-teaming with mitchell to be macho.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X