No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT is an amazing actress! Seriously--given all the tech stuff she had to memorize and deliver--she did great and even researched the stuff so she would have some idea what she was talking about.

Ok--this is what I question. This is a business and like most business's there is time spent in research and projections before major changes are made. Did they not do this?

What I find really sad is this show is going to end up going out on a sour note IMO.
    I find myself almost wishing that AT, CJ and even MS had gotten out with their reputations intake.
    I know--dont slam me to bad--just thinking aloud here

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
      Yes, I think that's the difference this time around.

Well, as others have said in recent posts, I think the arrogance level has definitely been upped a few notches lately. Which really plays into my Goa'uld theory, which is looking better and better the more I think of it. Supreme arrogance, a belief that they are gods, that they are completely right in everything they do and everyone else is just plain wrong, a desire to lash out at those who defy them ...and, seemingly, hell bent on a mission to destroy SG1!

It's all making so much sense now!

Albion
      I suppose this is a case of 'if you think it, you become it' self help...stuff...coming back to bite them in the tookus.

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk

Ok--this is what I question. This is a business and like most business's there is time spent in research and projections before major changes are made. Did they not do this?
        i don't see how they could have. and, honestly, i don't think they thought they needed to. I think hubris strikes again. they made the decisions that they liked(or that they were forced to) and just threw caution to the wind and ran with it.

and i think 'what if it tanks' never crossed their mind
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i don't see how they could have. and, honestly, i don't think they thought they needed to. I think hubris strikes again. they made the decisions that they liked(or that they were forced to) and just threw caution to the wind and ran with it.

and i think 'what if it tanks' never crossed their mind
          They seemed strangely unaware of the Vala controversy and talked about how much fun she was to write, months after people started complaining. It was strange.

I thought the everyone had become aware that the Vala character was controversial when we were in Vancouver. I believe she was only mentioned once, in a question to AT. That was also strange.
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I just read the JM interview about his thoughts on the premiers ratings.

He blamed:
            1) Tivo
            2) Historically least watched week for TV
            3) Pirate Movie
            4) Competition - Monk and Psych
            5) Not promoting SG-1 enough compared to BSG and Eureka

I am surprised he didn't use "my dog ate the script' excuse.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

well, if you look back at pete...tptb KNEW that he was unpopular. but that didn't stop them from pumping him up whenever they could. promting and defending him

and you have to look at things from their pov. they don't know PETE, they know DAvid, peter's brother and a really nice guy who just has the misfortune to play a character that peopel dont' like.

I also think of whomever it is that plays duella on BSG. She is absolutley hated by part of the fandom because of...well issues. but, as jamie bamber said on stage - to a certain extent. the actors don't necessarily see DEE being criticized as they do the actor who also happens to be thier friend

now, in the case of claudia/vala. I think tptb are doing the jack 'fingers in his ears and humming loudly' about her character. from the very getgo when it was announded that she was joining the cast for s9, reactions were mixed. and they've gotten more and more mized and polarized as the months ahve gone along

IMHO, they're ignoring any adn all crit about her, because they don't want to deal with it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

He blamed:
                1) Tivo
                3) Pirate Movie

just wait, that'll come this week.

next thing you know they'll claim taht a large portion of their viewership was military fokls and that the issues in the middle east are keeping those folks from tuning into the entertainment.

sigpic

Comment

He blamed:
                  1) Tivo
                  3) Pirate Movie
                  Bloody hell. That's...kind of pathetic, isn't it?

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    Bloody hell. That's...kind of pathetic, isn't it?

Albion
                    Well, although I agree, I didn't really expect him to sit there and say, "Gosh, yes, the ratings are terrible compared to past years and we now realize we must have made a terrible mistake somewhere..."

Spin is the guy's job. I expected nothing less from him. I will be a LOT more interested in what his reaction will be after a few more eps are broadcast and those ratings come in. Anyone wanna take bets on whether or not he'll be so quick to do interviews then??

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      just wait, that'll come this week.

next thing you know they'll claim taht a large portion of their viewership was military fokls and that the issues in the middle east are keeping those folks from tuning into the entertainment.
                      Yea but, most military fans don't buy Cam either, and probably don't buy putting a character like Vala on a team like SG1....so then what will be the excuse after that?

Oh yea, I forgot, sunspots and Magnets
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

He blamed:
                        1) Tivo
                        3) Pirate Movie

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Its amazing how the brain goes right into the cheesey cliche mexican accent whenever you (or I at least) read any of ol'Sparky's comment.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            LOL! Oh that Sparky...such a ham!

Comment

Well, although I agree, I didn't really expect him to sit there and say, "Gosh, yes, the ratings are terrible compared to past years and we now realize we must have made a terrible mistake somewhere..."
                              Naturally. But he'd have done better to stick to just one excuse. Five of them starts to smack of desperation. He's not too good at this PR thing, is he?

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Its amazing how the brain goes right into the cheesey cliche mexican accent whenever you (or I at least) read any of ol'Sparky's comment.
                                I have the Taco Bell Chihuahua's voice running through my head whenever I write his lines.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X