S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    I know 200 is suposed to be a "spoof" but all I can say is : YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.
    that seems to be the overall response. but you know-we have been noticing a certain vacancy to their presentations lately-so maybe we have been watching
    Spoiler:
    zombies
    all long
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      why not Zombies? it kinda fits their style-brainless-mindless-numbing....
      i was gonna say, zombies...the walking dead...seems oddly appropriate for StarFarce
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

why can't they just write...better?
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          that would be too easy.
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            because it's not bigger
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, there's witty self-parody and there's obviously cheesy, OTT self-parody. I knew the 200th ep clip would fit into the latter category even before watching it...

Spoiler:
              Zombies, OTT Mitch, and slow-mo double-fisted Matrix-style guns. Maybe it's best they spared us the puppet scene...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Well, there's witty self-parody and there's obviously cheesy, OTT self-parody. I knew the 200th ep clip would fit into the latter category even before watching it...

Spoiler:
                Zombies, OTT Mitch, and slow-mo double-fisted Matrix-style guns. Maybe it's best they spared us the puppet scene...
                Spoiler:
                There's a Mitch who isn't OTT?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Spoiler:
                  There's a Mitch who isn't OTT?
                  Uh not that I've noticed Oh wait a minute wasn't there a pic of him sleeping? Nah that was OTT too
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Spoiler:
                    Question is: Will the fans be laughing with him or at him?
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Question is: Will the fans be laughing with him or at him?

Well, ya know, the show is a comedy.....

A comedy of errors.

Suse
                      pained
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I know I've said this before (and even I'm getting tired of it (though I think it's more that my hopes for S0 were dsshed and S10 doesn't look so good) but...

I really believe Gekko (Greenberg and Anderson) leaving has a huge amount to do with SG-1 going down-hill. Yes, Rick as actor is missed, but Gekko had nothing to do with Atlantis, did it? So while the B@B were planning Atlantis someone who could concentrate solely on SG-1 was there. Even after Greenberg left RDA was still there for S8. He has a rep for being a work-a-holic and I remember reading about him doing EP duties from Malibu. So it would make sense that S8 still "had it".

Kinda interesting how quality fell so far (and I know S8 also had issues) as soon as Gekko wasn't around anymore.

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

i just finished reading yet another article from scifi weekly on Morjanna's yahoo group -yes another letter in the ongoing "get over it" letters that have been published and answered and re-answered ad nauseum.

and it worries me because I actually responded on the group to that person's comments. and yeah-i guess I should write my own letter to scifi weekly and i might-but ...

I think that what is being said-but not heard is and this paraphrases James Claville (spell?)-It's the Writing Stupid!

I don't think that very many people really care that we have new actors or that the show is going in a new direction. There is, as the saying goes, nothing more constant than change. And in reality the show had to change. The lead actor was gone. A beloved female lead was unnecessarily killed off (my not so humble opinion). Two well loved character actors -gone. I know that DSD wanted to leave. I don't know about CA-but I wish they didn't kill of Jacob-but he was a plot device to supposedly put closure on Sam and Jack.

The thing of it is-if these guys really do have their eyes and ears on the threads and the groups-hows come they are acting like everything is hunkey dory. They have to know that people are not happy and it isn't just one of the segments.

I never enjoyed it when RDA played the village idiot-at least sometimes he had a point-but Ben's character is the village idiot. That I think annoys me more than anything.

So-if the boys from vancouver are actually paying attention.

It's the Writing, Stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                            I know I've said this before (and even I'm getting tired of it (though I think it's more that my hopes for S0 were dsshed and S10 doesn't look so good) but...

I really believe Gekko (Greenberg and Anderson) leaving has a huge amount to do with SG-1 going down-hill. Yes, Rick as actor is missed, but Gekko had nothing to do with Atlantis, did it? So while the B@B were planning Atlantis someone who could concentrate solely on SG-1 was there. Even after Greenberg left RDA was still there for S8. He has a rep for being a work-a-holic and I remember reading about him doing EP duties from Malibu. So it would make sense that S8 still "had it".

Kinda interesting how quality fell so far (and I know S8 also had issues) as soon as Gekko wasn't around anymore.

Suse
                            You read my mind Suse!

Comment

Remember how Citizen Joe was supposed to be about making fun of the really fanatic fans. Well, I think that this whole Zombie thing is one of those instances too. I think they think that the fans are following the show like Zombies and that they will buy just about anything they barf out.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                                Remember how Citizen Joe was supposed to be about making fun of the really fanatic fans. Well, I think that this whole Zombie thing is one of those instances too. I think they think that the fans are following the show like Zombies and that they will buy just about anything they barf out.
                                What a shock. I don't want to presuppose anything, but I don't expect to be around by the time this...thing...airs.

I really want to give S10 a fair shake (then I guess I shouldn't be here) but...Oy. <SIGH>

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X