S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Nobody is going to want to come out and say "We made some bad choices and our new direction for the show didn't work out as well as we hoped."

I'd say that after Stargate comes to an inglorious end, the blamestorming will cover network competition, budget costs, the fickle fans, the weather...
    Blamestorming - what a great word!

Let's see... Blamestorming an explanation for the end of Stargate...

Stereoscopes. The Internet was too fast. Nouvelle cuisine. Science. The institution of the Pax Romana. Regular soda. Crochet hooks. The deplorable state of modern architecture. Tattoos. The collapse of the British Empire. Diet soda. Technology. The Commonwealth form of government in Rhode Island. www.folkharp.com. Solar flares, reversing the direction of the outbound wormhole...
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      exactly. no one will go on record saying 'my mistakes killed the show'....cause they like wanna get jobs after the show is over.

and yes, they will blame anyone and everyone else that they can

and the ultimate guilty party will be magnets

it's all about magnets
      ahh yes they will but we all will know better won't we.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Stereoscopes. The Internet was too fast. Nouvelle cuisine. Science. The institution of the Pax Romana. Regular soda. Crochet hooks. The deplorable state of modern architecture. Tattoos. The collapse of the British Empire. Diet soda. Technology. The Commonwealth form of government in Rhode Island. www.folkharp.com. Solar flares, reversing the direction of the outbound wormhole...
        Hey hey hey! Leave the diet soda out of this after all it's never the diet soda's fault Just ask Sam!
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I like crochet hooks. And yarn. Also some tattoos are very nice.

Comment

i wonder what the sfx will look like for a blamestorm????
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Hey hey hey! Leave the diet soda out of this after all it's never the diet soda's fault Just ask Sam!
              LOL! If Sam had liked drinking something else, they could have gone on forever. But noooo... She just had to drink that diet soda, didn't she?

So... it's all gonna be Sam's fault!

:snerk:
              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i wonder what the sfx will look like for a blamestorm????
                A giant finger or arrow spinning around and pointing at everyone and everything that could possibly be at fault.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Dunno about Brad Wright, but I certainly see the show as a joke, these days.

My thoughts exactly.

I was thinking that I don't know about comedy but I do laugh - but at the show, not with the show.

I still have a hard time believing how far my opinion of the show could fall so fast.
                  I wasn't happy or unhappy with the show during the first nine eps, but I did spend time comparing SG-1 to Atlnatis each week to decide with ep was better each Friday. And it was split pretty evenly down the middle. However, like Sky, I only watch Atlantis, I'm not a fan of it. It was the second half of S9 that killed the show for me. And I mostly never got around to watching Atlantis becuse I turned off the tv - and just never restarted each tape. For Alantis or BSG.

Suse
                  Last edited by suse; 06 June 2006, 07:37 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

So...when are they officially changing the name of the show from Stargate SG-1 to Tripping the Rift?
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      So...when are they officially changing the name of the show from Stargate SG-1 to Tripping the Rift?
                      Perhaps it will be SG-1 Tripping over the Rift.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

so Brad Wright sees the show as a "comedy"? really???
                        Having just read Darrens's article on GW (we didn't get EW at work yesterday) I really think BW was talking about ep 200, not the show in general.

Though as I've said, I've laughed in a mocking, disbelieving way for much of S9 so in that respect I have laughed at SG-1.

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

how about Trippin over the event horizon
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SG1 has always had some elements of comedy and overall has been a much lighter, popcorn fodder show than say, BSG, but I wouldn't classify the show overall as a comedy. I'd say it's a lighthearted scifi/drama with some tragic deaths and events mixed in (disclaimer: deaths and events conveniently forgotten in next ep ).

Season nine does seem more like a comedy compared to earlier seasons for me, not because some of the eps feel like a joke (TPTB, anyone?), but because a lot of the comedy feels forced, which makes it stick out more. Think Mitch hamming it up with his AU self in Ripple Effect, Mitch and Daniel hamming it up while they held the Prior in FH2, and most of Vala's comments in the early eps, capped off with her infamous "Let's make babies!!" I like having comedy in SG1, but only when it fits well with the characters and the scene, when it's witty, when it isn't overdone. I didn't care for most of the comedy in s9.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                              Having just read Darrens's article on GW (we didn't get EW at work yesterday) I really think BW was talking about ep 200, not the show in general.
                              I really hope you're right. Has anyone actually read the entire article yet?

My LJ

Comment

This article?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....22&postcount=1

Comment

Working...
                                X