No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, I consider the GW AT interview more of a "company line/team player" interview.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

I am getting fed up with reading stories that are about Mitchell!!!! What about Daniel????? And I really wanted him and Vala to get together, NOT Mitchell and Vala-ENOUGH OF HIM ALREADY!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        After reading the latest spoilers and AT interview, I really hold no hope for Season 10.
        I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
          IMHO, I consider the GW AT interview more of a "company line/team player" interview.
          My impression from the interview was that AT wasn't entirely happy with the direction or lack of direction Sam was taking. She also sounded disappointed that a relationship building moment between Sam and Vala was cut. I was disappointed as well. I guess because it didn't involve Cam or the 3 Bs, it wasn't worth keeping.
          Last edited by Rogue; 05 June 2006, 01:57 PM.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

TPTB are perpetuating the idea that women aren't allowed to build relationships with each other in the post-Sam/Janet universe. There's plenty of room for male/male bonding (Shep/Rodney, Jack/Daniel, Mitch/Teal'c..sorta, Rodney/Zelenka) and some for female/male non-ship bonding (Vala/Daniel, Sam/Mitch, Teyla/Ronon), but no room whatsoever for Sam/Vala or Elizabeth/Teyla. That's a damn shame, and has been one of my sticking points for both shows. The men are the centerpieces and the women are stuck revolving around them, minimally interacting with each other at best.

Comment

so Brad Wright sees the show as a "comedy"? really???
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                My impression from the interview was that AT wasn't entirely happy with the direction or lack of direction Sam was taking. She also sounded disappointed that a relationship building moment between Sam and Vala was cut. I was disappointed as well. I guess because it didn't involve Cam or the 3 Bs, it wasn't worth keeping.
                vala's not one of the 3Bs? i thought it was bridges, browder, and black?
                the interview was highly disapointing. but what did i expect?

pittsburghgirl: his words, apparently.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I'm glad TPTB are just as confused with the direction of the Show as the Fans.Here I thought TPTB were trying to make a serious SciFi Show with some Comedy.I guess it was a Comedy Show with a little SciFi.The Ori sure fit in with the Comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    so Brad Wright sees the show as a "comedy"? really???
                    I couldn't believe he said that. When I read that I said to myself, well no wonder why they have all the toilet humor the last season. But, OMG, what a disservice to the fans. I don't think this guy knows what station the show is shown on, it's called SCIFI, not COMEDY CENTRAL. Yeah the occasional funny comments are good tension breakers, but the show is a comedy? Maybe he feels that all scifi is a comedy because its fiction?

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      I'm glad TPTB are just as confused with the direction of the Show as the Fans.Here I thought TPTB were trying to make a serious SciFi Show with some Comedy.I guess it was a Comedy Show with a little SciFi.The Ori sure fit in with the Comedy.
                      Ah no more can SG be described as an intense drama, tis a pity since that's what brought so many people to the series and kept them there. Yes they had comedy in there, but it wasn't the focus of the show, it fit in with the scene, and wasn't over the top (IMHO). Most drama's that are well written have some funny moments in them and are appropriate for the situation. Turning SG into a comedy is not appropriate and it's NOT SG1
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well said Mandysg1.IMO SciFi should never be confused with Comedy.If I want to watch a Comedy I'll watch a Comedy.It always bothers me when TPTB say they never take the Show too seriously.Well maybe they should.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          It's especially telling because she's all cuddly and purry when we're watching DVDs of the first eight seasons.
                          I purr too when I watch O'Neill.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            vala's not one of the 3Bs? i thought it was bridges, browder, and black?
                            the interview was highly disapointing. but what did i expect?

pittsburghgirl: his words, apparently.
                            lol, i was thinking the other 3 Bs, boobs, butts and bombs. They only way that scene could have been saved from the cutting room floor is having the women dressed in low cut, tight fitting clothes, running from bombs while carrying on their female bonding conversation.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

It would be the same if, for example, Renee O'Connor was brought onto Battlestar Galactica. Lucy Lawless as D'Anna Biers can play a role on Battlestar Galactica and develop her new character. With both Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor on Battlestar Galactica, it could very easily become a case of Xena and Gabrielle on Battlestar Galactica, in no small part because there would be Xena fans who would want to see plenty of screentime for the two actors together and the producers would want those fans to keep watching.

Though I think the creators of BSG have a bit more sense. They would keep Renee O'Connor on Pegasus, have her be an engineer, a brunet, a red head, or a stawberry blond, and have little to no screen time with Lucy Lawless's character. I told my parents that was Xena, and they were like 'no, that's not her ... wait! Your right! She looks so different as a blond.' I basically told them that they changed her hair color for that show and that she's a natural bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                                I couldn't believe he said that. When I read that I said to myself, well no wonder why they have all the toilet humor the last season. But, OMG, what a disservice to the fans. I don't think this guy knows what station the show is shown on, it's called SCIFI, not COMEDY CENTRAL. Yeah the occasional funny comments are good tension breakers, but the show is a comedy? Maybe he feels that all scifi is a comedy because its fiction?
                                you know-i am starting to seriously worry about him each and every time he goes to the bathroom-considering where his brains are.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X