No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found that I enjoy an episode in inverse proportion to how much fun it apparently was to make.

So the more anyone pimps how much fun it was the more I know to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      If they want to make Farscape so badly, why don't they actually make Farscape, a minseries or TV movie or something, and leave Stargate alone?
      cause then skiffy would have to

a)admit they were wrong to pull the plug on the show
      b) Pay someone a ton of money for the name.

but if they use cb adn bb, even if they're playing different characters, it will be seen as 'close enough' especially since many at skiffy see fans as nothing more than stupid lemmings (MS had to grow a beard cause we'd be too stupid to tell the difference between him and BB)

but if they morph stargate into farscape-lite, using its actors and part of the premise, they can rip off the show without paying for the rights
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        I've found that I enjoy an episode in inverse proportion to how much fun it apparently was to make.

So the more anyone pimps how much fun it was the more I know to avoid it.
        yep, harder they sell it, the more i think they know it's gonna stink

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          yep, harder they sell it, the more i think they know it's gonna stink
          Is that a new Oma-ism?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

works for me

sigpic

Comment

works for me
              Wow...so you've come up with an Oma-ism...AND you live in Mitchell's home state!

You must be so dang proud...and you know he went to your high school...

*ducks for cover*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Heh heh... Were there any jocks who were planning on going into the Air Force during your senior year? Any loud, obnoxious, you-could-swear-they-were-from-North-Carolina, guys you would save your sharpest sarcasm for?

If so, I think the B@B have been secretly shadowing you. This is their final attempt at the ultimate torture, after all that you've said about them.

Comment

I like what sci-fi says over at sci-fi weekly on sci-fi.com in the letters blurb and then lists titles of the 3 letters posted:

"Readers blast Ben Browder's Stargate casting, recommend a star for the X-Men's next stand, and more...

TV Lives and Dies by Darwinism
                  Stargate SG-1 Is Only a Shadow
                  Storm Deserves Her Own Spinoff

I think it is a pretty good letter - take a read if you have an opportunity. At least they are not "spinning" it into all positive and they are acknowledging a lot of the criticisms of the browder character and mitchell and thge show in general.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Wow...so you've come up with an Oma-ism...AND you live in Mitchell's home state!

You must be so dang proud...and you know he went to your high school...

*ducks for cover*
                    if he goes to my high school, i'm gonna rip up my diploma and change my name.

i'm already steeling myself for lovely mountains in the background of the high school, not to mention the thick pine trees

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      I like what sci-fi says over at sci-fi weekly on sci-fi.com in the letters blurb and then lists titles of the 3 letters posted:

"Readers blast Ben Browder's Stargate casting, recommend a star for the X-Men's next stand, and more...

I think it is a pretty good letter - take a read if you have an opportunity. At least they are not "spinning" it into all positive and they are acknowledging a lot of the criticisms of the browder character and mitchell and thge show in general.
                      I especially like the point made in the "Stargate SG-1 Is Only a Shadow" letter that Daniel and Teal'c only agreed to return to SG-1 when Sam did. Looks like she has far more of a claim to being the "glue" bringing the team back together than Mitchell does.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

if he goes to my high school, i'm gonna rip up my diploma and change my name.

i'm already steeling myself for lovely mountains in the background of the high school, not to mention the thick pine trees
                        Think of it as a positive. Every high school is going to produce at least a few fools every year - Mitchell must count for at least several decades worth of fools, so everybody else who graduated from that school should be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

Give this woman a standing ovation! Very succinct!!

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I decided to turn on the tube about 2 hrs ago and saw that Flash Gordon with
                            Sam Jones playing the title role. Now Jones played Aris Boch the bounty hunter in Deadman's Switch.

This version was supposed to be campy, Brian Blessed played a great part as the prince of the Hawkmen, and Von Sydow as Ming. There's one part where's Flash is on a rocket cycle.

Now the one thing that's going thru my head right now is getting the song Flash Gordon out of my head. Why, because I'm using Cam Mitchell in it.

"Cam Mitchell. He's saved everyone of us."

My apologies to Freddie Mercury and Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              I especially like the point made in the "Stargate SG-1 Is Only a Shadow" letter that Daniel and Teal'c only agreed to return to SG-1 when Sam did. Looks like she has far more of a claim to being the "glue" bringing the team back together than Mitchell does.
                              very much so.

not that they'll have the balls to admit it. see, sam's a woman. she can't be the glue, the hewo must be the glue and center of the show...even if he's a one dimensional cliche, he's gotta be better than the woman

sigpic

Comment

very much so.

not that they'll have the balls to admit it. see, sam's a woman. she can't be the glue, the hewo must be the glue and center of the show...even if he's a one dimensional cliche, he's gotta be better than the woman
                                I keep forgetting that intelligence, integrity, courage, strength, competence and experience are no subsitute for a Y chromosome.

Comment

Working...
                                X