Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    You mean:

REYNOLDS: Excuse me. Amateurs coming through.

I love that bit.
    There should have been a lot more of that, ever since the introduction of Landry, Cam and Vala what used to be seen as the best of the best at the SGC seemed more like scenes from the Three Stooges.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Nyanyanyanaynya

See me laughing?
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        There should have been a lot more of that, ever since the introduction of Landry, Cam and Vala what used to be seen as the best of the best at the SGC seemed more like scenes from the Three Stooges.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

and might you be thinking of "family Ties" ?
          I can't resist reposting my edited video of the intro..

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwVUdp8K1aA

So that's what S9 and 10 were missing...a laugh track
            Last edited by Mandysg1; 14 November 2010, 03:19 PM.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

So that's what S9 and 10 were missing...a laugh track
              yep, that's how I felt! more sitcom than serious sci-fi..

Well, to make those 2 seasons acceptable, I try to think that Cam was in fact injured during the attack over Antartica, and during his long period of coma, imagined all this. It was his dream to be the leader of SG1, the team that he worshipped.. So all these episodes are not in our real universe or a parallel universe, they are in his head! From this point of view, all makes sense...

Comment

That supposition has been made on this thread too. It's all a pain/drug induced dream.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

That was the actual dialog! I had no idea.... I was in Seattle at the time. And the brother does not own a tv. At that point all I cared about was seeing the Sanctuary webbies.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                    Granted things change, but the dorky bits in "Point..." are amplified so badly in "Memento" it's cringe worthy in places. :(
                    In my case it's the opposite. I find that Memento Mori (not to be confused with season 6 Memento, which is a great ep) is not cringe worthy in places. I can't help but cringe for about 90% of the ep. But then again, IMO MM was one of the worst Stargate episodes ever produced, in all 3 series. *shrug*

Although "Company of Theives" is next. Great episode. Its the reason i LOL whenever they mention "the Lucian Alliance is a threat" in Stargate Universe.
                    Company of Thieves would be another episode I abhor. I liked the part set on Deadalus, and I liked Anateo - the only LA member in SG-1 who was a believable threat (at least until McCollough killed him off in the cheesiest way possible, having him screaming in rage and firing at Daniel and Vala in space vacuum ), but the part with Cam undercover and Teal'c being tortured again ruined the whole ep for me.

re: LA, I was very sceptic when I heard they were to be brought back for SGU, but I must admit I love their changeover. If only it was done sooner, back on SG-1...

Although i found "uninvited" to be a pretty good episode. I mean, the whole team was actually invovled and everyone did at least ONE useful thing in the episode. And there were some good character moments, action moments and comedy moments. Overall, a better episode than some episodes to come in Season 10.
                    I think Uninvited is regarded as one of the better season 10 episodes, but once again the premise - Landry fraternising with his subordinates in Jack's cabin moved to Colorado - and its execution ruins the ep for me. The creature was laughable, as was Landry (in addition to being incompetent, both as a soldier and as a leader). For me Uninvited's only saving grace was dr Redden. She was fantastic.

Originally posted by Arga View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwVUdp8K1aA
                    Man, I loved it. And you know what's scary? That laugh track was a perfect fit. If I didn't know better I would totally believe it was taken from a real sitcom. Which isn't good for a supposedly sci-fi show.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    That supposition has been made on this thread too. It's all a pain/drug induced dream.
                    Didn't someone have a whole series of sigs showing that everything was dreamt/hallucinated by Felger strapped to the chair from Avatar? I loved those sigs!
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                      <snippety do dah>

Company of Thieves would be another episode I abhor. I liked the part set on Deadalus, and I liked Anateo - the only LA member in SG-1 who was a believable threat (at least until McCollough killed him off in the cheesiest way possible, having him screaming in rage and firing at Daniel and Vala in space vacuum ), but the part with Cam undercover and Teal'c being tortured again ruined the whole ep for me.
                      One thing i have learned over the years is not to blame individual writers for seemingly stupid or bad writing because as time passes and little bits and pieces of BTS stuff gets out you find that RCC rewrote a lot of those parts or "suggested" the changes.

Didn't someone have a whole series of sigs showing that everything was dreamt/hallucinated by Felger strapped to the chair from Avatar? I loved those sigs!
                      Yep, it was me. S9&10 was all Felger's fault!!
                      -

Comment

the thing i liked about Uninvited, it was one of the handful of episodes where Vala was released from her imprisonment as Daniel's sidekick and actually gotta be more than 'hot chick lusting after the geek' (imho avatar for the writers)

she and sam had some great moments.

these were kinda overshadowed by:

landry fraternising, the stupidity of 2 men going walking in the woods in elk season without hunting orange, the sheer lameness and 'scifi saturday cheese' of the monster, and worst of all, moving jack's cabin from minnesota to colorado to make a weak story work

family ties....horrible. It's like they got so fan boy over Richard Kind that they destroyed the other characters to give him room to cut loose

Bad Guys.....i'm glad sam wasn't in it. as a sanctuary fan, watch Bank Job and see how bad guys SHOULD have been executed. IMHO it read to me like yet another example for coop to fanboi over his avatar Daniel and vala

that's what i read into a lot of s9 and 10, that so many episodes were little more than wish fulfillment for the writers' avatar - Action Jackson. And the other characters were often screwed over to make the fantasy play out. Not to mention the consistent sacrificing of the characters to make a weak and poorly thought out plot work.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          and might you be thinking of "family Ties" ? Positively painful.
                          SEE! You don't even need to mention that episode and EVERYONE knows what your hinting at!

but the part with Cam undercover and Teal'c being tortured again ruined the whole ep for me.
                          You know, if you re write season 10, and put Young and Rush in Cam and Teal'c postion, you could CLEARLY understand why Rush would HATE Young's guts!

"You got me captured and tortured. AGAIN!!"

BTW: Never noticed they moved Jack's Cabin. Never picked up on that massive error. Besides, i'm from the UK, all those American woods look the same to me.
                          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

SEE! You don't even need to mention that episode and EVERYONE knows what your hinting at!

You know, if you re write season 10, and put Young and Rush in Cam and Teal'c postion, you could CLEARLY understand why Rush would HATE Young's guts!

"You got me captured and tortured. AGAIN!!"

BTW: Never noticed they moved Jack's Cabin. Never picked up on that massive error. Besides, i'm from the UK, all those American woods look the same to me.
                            LOL They aren't American Woods. They are British Columbian woods. That's why they all look the same.

What I couldn't believe was SG-1 allowing Mitchell to go on his merry way endangering their lives "because it's what SG-1 does". No, they endanger their lives to save other lives, not for the fun of it.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

In my case it's the opposite. I find that Memento Mori (not to be confused with season 6 Memento, which is a great ep) is not cringe worthy in places. I can't help but cringe for about 90% of the ep. But then again, IMO MM was one of the worst Stargate episodes ever produced, in all 3 series. *shrug*
                              You aren't kidding. As much as I disliked S9/S10 it had more to do with the writing than the production. Memento Mori however... horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE (have I mentioned I thought they were lame?) cut ins of "Vala" fighting the bad guys in the diner. Cambodoing a stunt wheelie as he goes off chasing Vala. Then there was the plot: Vala tying him up and taking his pants. (Okay, that was mildly amusing. In a non-Stargate way.) Oh. And Athena. Possibly the the winner of the worst!goa'uld!ever!!! award. (I still can't figure out of Joe Mallozzi was pulling fandom's collective leg when he said she was his favorite goa'uld. ) Still, it had small bits that weren't too bad. I can't remember them specifically, but I seem to remember they were there.

Cringeworthy.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                You aren't kidding. As much as I disliked S9/S10 it had more to do with the writing than the production. Memento Mori however... horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE (have I mentioned I thought they were lame?) cut ins of "Vala" fighting the bad guys in the diner. Cambodoing a stunt wheelie as he goes off chasing Vala. Then there was the plot: Vala tying him up and taking his pants. (Okay, that was mildly amusing. In a non-Stargate way.) Oh. And Athena. Possibly the the winner of the worst!goa'uld!ever!!! award. (I still can't figure out of Joe Mallozzi was pulling fandom's collective leg when he said she was his favorite goa'uld. ) Still, it had small bits that weren't too bad. I can't remember them specifically, but I seem to remember they were there.

Cringeworthy.
                                Vala's shirt in the "date" scene was nice. Also, I personally always enjoy MS in leather...other than that...um.....I got nothing else. I liked the wardrobe.

*huggles thread* How I missed your snark and humor!
                                Originally posted by Callista
                                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                                Originally posted by HPMom
                                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Working...
                                X