S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    there's not any one thing to change, because there was so very much wrong with the seasons - to me anyway

First:

Major Mitchell please. He's the new guy, hero pilot that got command of SG-1. Until he accomplished his goal of getting the old team back together. then he needed to make a choiice, have command of the team or step back, be second in command and learn from the best

Or, if he had to be Lt Colonel, he's only on the team cause his daddy/big wig with the Trust/IOA foisted him on them. He sold his soul to the devil to get his life's dream...and then realizes that, if he really and truthfully wants to be a part of it, he needs to face his past, accept and then disown the favors that got him there and EARN it. He's the 'spoiled brat' that called in favors or was a pawn to get what he wanted, then realizes that he needs to disown it and really earn it or it's worthless

Vala....she will NOT be throwing herself at Daniel incessently. She'll be a person on her own, a damaged individual that's been fighting to survive, screwing over the galaxy to take care of #1. Who then learns that there really is strength in numbers and that there's redemption. It'd have to be handled carefully to not be too cheesy, but it'd work

those are the two biggies.

And cam's story could even parallel the Ori story. redemption/salvation the easy way, or to work for it?

the ultimate message, the strongest 'god' one can worship is one's own integrity and honor
    Darn! Why didn't they get you to write for the show???? Something like this would have been so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Good point about the Ancients being part of The Four Great Races alliance. We should have just as much stuff laying about from the others. I'm sick of them. You're right. We should really have seen more of the Nox - the whole race on just one planet? Really? - and the furlings might actually have been something new and different, rather than Evil!Ancients!
      Well of course, the cynic in me reminds me of te big reason why they wouldn't use the furlings. We would expect the furlings to be aliens and to be alien looking. Which would of course require either lots of make-up, CGI or animatronics (puppets!) which in turn requires a lot more money to do. With the ancients since they look human you just have to hire actors.

Random comment:
      I made a wager about Adria showing up in Mummies cast-off dom outfit and she did the next time she showed up - recut, but definitely dom. Who knew the robed ones would have that type of fashion sense?
      hehehehe

Good guess. I suppose once you've hired someone of Morena Baccarin's talent you want to show off her *ahem* assets as much as possible.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        there's not any one thing to change, because there was so very much wrong with the seasons - to me anyway...

<snip>
        Um. Yes, yes, YES to eveything.

I'll take option #1 in regards to Mitchell, please.
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Watching CB's chilling turn as Qe'tesh in Continuum made me wonder how season 9 and 10 would have played out if she'd become the major enemy instead of the Ori.

Instead of introducing the Ori in Avalon/Origin, you could have had the SGC discovering that Qe'tesh, maybe with Ba'al, were filling in the power vacuum left after Anubis was defeated. The Lucian Alliance could be a bigger player, with some factions siding with Goa'uld and others maybe wanted to resist them, and the Jaffa Nation could also get involved in fighting Qe'tesh and Ba'al's forces. No Sangraals or Arks or evil super babies, just good old Tau'ri verses Goa'uld battles at which Stargate has always excelled.

But then I much prefer the Goa'uld as an enemy to the Ori, they had an insidiousness to them that I felt the Ori lacked. The Goa'uld could be unpredictable, especially ones like Ba'al, while the Ori seemed to just be 'convert or die'.
          I would have loved to have seen this. I absolutely adored CB as Qe'tesh. She was outrageous, sexy and chilling, but with out the "sex kitten" aspect that Vala had. The character of Qe'tesh really allowed CB to stretch her acting chops and give the kind of performance she's quite capable of giving. If we'd gotten Qe'tesh in S9/S10, along with Carter leading with Major Mitchell as 2IC, it would have been fabulous.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
            If we'd gotten Qe'tesh in S9/S10, along with Carter leading with Major Mitchell as 2IC, it would have been fabulous.
            Oh, Season 9 and 10 would have been drastically different entities.

I'd probably have actually liked them!

I adored Qe'tesh and would love to see more of her. Or - you know, one of the team being snaked and not rescued immediately.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              I would have loved to have seen this. I absolutely adored CB as Qe'tesh. She was outrageous, sexy and chilling, but with out the "sex kitten" aspect that Vala had. The character of Qe'tesh really allowed CB to stretch her acting chops and give the kind of performance she's quite capable of giving. If we'd gotten Qe'tesh in S9/S10, along with Carter leading with Major Mitchell as 2IC, it would have been fabulous.
              A bit OT:

Spoiler:
              I recently read a comment about the "Continuum" commentary that had to do with Qetesh, so I watched the movie while listening to the commentary and noticed for the first time (after having watched the movie 2 or 3 times without actually seeing this) what Qetesh did to Ba'al with that sword, and am wondering if anyone else noticed it too, or if I'm just really slow at noticing things.

Plus, I think CB did an awesome job of portraying Qetesh, and am a bit surprised that when awards nominations came out that she didn't get any nominations, unless I missed hearing about them. Of all the acting in that movie, I thought she was really the only one that would have deserved a nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                A bit OT:

Spoiler:
                I recently read a comment about the "Continuum" commentary that had to do with Qetesh, so I watched the movie while listening to the commentary and noticed for the first time (after having watched the movie 2 or 3 times without actually seeing this) what Qetesh did to Ba'al with that sword, and am wondering if anyone else noticed it too, or if I'm just really slow at noticing things.

Plus, I think CB did an awesome job of portraying Qetesh, and am a bit surprised that when awards nominations came out that she didn't get any nominations, unless I missed hearing about them. Of all the acting in that movie, I thought she was really the only one that would have deserved a nomination.
                Spoiler:
                If you're talking about slicing him in half, yeah, I noticed that. Ew. Qe'tesh wasn't messing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  If you're talking about slicing him in half, yeah, I noticed that. Ew. Qe'tesh wasn't messing around.
                  Spoiler:
                  Yep! That's what I finally saw ... after listening to the commentary and really watching that scene. Eeew is right! Must have been an extremely sharp blade!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Yep! That's what I finally saw ... after listening to the commentary and really watching that scene. Eeew is right! Must have been an extremely sharp blade!
                    Spoiler:
                    I missed it the first time, but the second time I watched it I caught the line about the blade being exceptionally sharp and if her hand slipped she might "accidently" cut him in half and it all came together. Or, fell apart, depending on how you look at it.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I'm never quite sure why people are so impressed with Qe'Tesh. She's pretty much a bog standard goa'uld as far as I can tell. There's no real acting required more than any other cliché backstabbing badguy roll. What do people find impressive about it?
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

^She wasn't Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          ^She wasn't Vala.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm never quite sure why people are so impressed with Qe'Tesh. She's pretty much a bog standard goa'uld as far as I can tell. There's no real acting required more than any other cliché backstabbing badguy roll. What do people find impressive about it?
                            Spoiler:
                            For me, it wasn't so much the character of Qetesh as it was Claudia's acting in portraying Qetesh. Or maybe it's just that I've only seen Claudia in Farscape and then as Vala in SG1, so I don't actually know what her acting range is. But I was very impressed with her portrayal of Qetesh. She was just so downright wicked and evil, and Claudia did it so well (and from what I've heard she was really feeling sick during the filming of Continuum due to her pregnancy, which for me makes her acting even more impressive).

Comment

she was very sick during the filming, and, iirc, her 'on set' time was medically limited

qetesh might have seemed your garden variety goa'uld, but i saw in her the potential to be someone like Yu. a goa'uld, that will stab you in the back in a heart beat, ,but who also could be an unexpected ally.

IMHO, she had the potential to be another ba'al
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                ^She wasn't Vala.
                                Exactly.

It was a breath of very fresh and welcome air.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X