• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    That's right, Ashizuri, run.

Like you'll ever get far enough away!
    Run, Forrest, ruuuunnnnnnn!!!
    Run away, run away!

I couldn't use the first quote. It wasn't Monty Python, Harry Potter, Spaceballs or The Princess Bride.

That's me. I catapult stones and ash in all directions. Equal opportunity.

suse

PS: Nice one scifithinker.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

That's right, Ashizuri, run.

Like you'll ever get far enough away!

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Run, Forrest, ruuuunnnnnnn!!!
      Run away, run away!

I couldn't use the first quote. It wasn't Monty Python, Harry Potter, Spaceballs or The Princess Bride.

That's me. I catapult stones and ash in all directions. Equal opportunity.

suse

PS: Nice one scifithinker.
      Well, if I have to be catapulted, maybe you could aim me in the direction of the people responsible for Vala...
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        Well, if I have to be catapulted, maybe you could aim me in the direction of the people responsible for Vala...
        Carrying a bomb, are we?

One of the early examples of germ warfare happened when Crusaders catapulted dead, plague-ridden bodies over the city walls of their enemies. Just sayin'.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Carrying a bomb, are we?
          No...
          *innocent face*

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post

Oh, I've aimed quite a few barbs at them. <sigh>

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Carrying a bomb, are we?

One of the early examples of germ warfare happened when Crusaders catapulted dead, plague-ridden bodies over the city walls of their enemies. Just sayin'.
              That's revolting. Thank you for that piece of history.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                That's revolting. Thank you for that piece of history.

suse
                Actually, I think they mostly used cows. The plague was later.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

and season 9 was a plague on our existence...

how's that for getting back on topic
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    and season 9 was a plague on our existence...

how's that for getting back on topic
                    *bows before the master*
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

^^
                      What she said. (I just can't say it myself. )

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Weren't they French?

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

hmm, when I was in Egypt during the outbreak of the swine flu Egyptians feared that the Israelis would be throwing pigs out of the planes in an attempt to infect the whole country..so the idea still lives.

anyway, I'm a bit late to the game,but..

My top 5 worst characters (regular/recurring)

5. Baal/Vala - they share the place because I have a love/hate relationship with them both; with Baal, for the reasons Ashizuri stated.
                          For Vala because I like her season 9 persona (while I still think it doesn't fit in season 1-8 universe it was a great character for Stargate Command with its space pirates/crime syndicate) and her season 10 serious side but I passionately hate silly!Vala.

4. Lam - I could have lived with her coldness, especially after having watched Dr House , but her unprofessionalism and daddy issues - no, never.

3. Pete - he was ok in the first half of Chimera and his presence made sense in New Order. Having said that Sam should have kicked him out of her life after his storming out of her house on their "morning after" and definitely after his stalking her. Sam's need of his "help" in Affinity was terribly forced and OoC for Sam, to put it mildly and Threads...:rolleyes"

2. Mitchell - winner of "the worst introduction of a new character EVER" reward, no doubt. I hated him in season 9, tolerated in season 10, hated again in AoT and finally liked him in Continuum. We'll see what happens next. Stay tuned

1. Landry - the worst character ever on SG-1, IMO. I can't think of any other "leader" on SG-1 who would be so overly dramatic, pompous, arrogant and at the same time incompetent and undecisive. Actually I can't think of any good qualities he has...anyone?

Honourable mentions go to:

1. Netan (?) and his ridiculous buddies from the Lucien Alliance
                          2. Those aliens (can't remember their names) first introduced in PU, showing up in Lucien Alliance episodes. How much more ridiculous and cliched can you get? not much.
                          3. Walter - he was ok as one of the technicians, but when he got a bigger role and tried to be "funny" I started to severly dislike him
                          4. Dr Lee - "How to assassinate a good character 101."
                          5. Agent Barret - it's not that he is a bad character, but he's got to be one of the most inconsistent ones. In every episode he appears in he does something else (or does nothing, like in Resurrection); in one episode he's nobody, in the next he's all powerful, then again he can't do a thing then he can do everything; once he's a normal human then he recovers in a short time, without breakin a sweat from a brainwashing that took other brainwashed Jaffa to the brink of death etc. etc.

It's interesting that almost all the bad characters/good characters gone bad are from the last seasons..

Are we also going to do a list of worst one-time characters? I've got my favourites for this too.

And now it's time for the big revelation I actually like Anise Despite her poor choice in clothing I think she was an interesting character and I wish we saw more of her.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

A bit off topic, but:

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                            And now it's time for the big revelation I actually like Anise Despite her poor choice in clothing I think she was an interesting character and I wish we saw more of her.
                            To quote myself from another thread: I liked the idea of the character, and I though it was about time we met a Tok'ra who was distinctly different from their host. I could always tell the difference between who was in charge by what was said, not by the voice used, and that was something that I felt was unique to her character(s). I could never tell the difference between Jacob/Selmac the way I could with Anise/Freya. She was perhaps the only Tok'ra who made me appriciate that there were two beings in one body. I hated the actress though. Hated.
                            Last edited by Ashizuri; 21 June 2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I liked Anise for the antagonism she brought. I watched Upgrades last night. I love the daggers Janet shoots at her. But the outfits? Puhleez. As my mom would say, "that's an interesting outfit she almost has on."

Comment

I liked Anise as well. Her kissing Jack, and his reaction, was just hysterical to me.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X